Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AcroRay
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 17, 2005

They're just crooks. Even if they'd have provided photos and samples, they'd have found some way to rook CAWT eventually. That seems to be the scam they've set up as a 'business'. Make tooling for someone who's already developed the product and done all the R & D, then make off with the tools and sell the product for themselves.

If they were crooks with any sense, they'd have made Cast-A-Way's order, then made another run and sold it out the back door to some dollar-store toy manufacturer, and walked away with twice the profit before anything ever came to light. I wonder if what might have happened was that Day2Day got in over their heads with whatever subcontractor was actually doing the tooling and manufacturing for their contract, and then tried to rook CAWT to pay Day2Day's debts. Maybe Day2Day screwed up and had their subcontractor make all the product without an actual order from CAWT, and the subcontractor was squeezing Day2Day to make payment on the job, which Day2Day passed along by trying to strongarm CAWT.

That's kind of what happened to Palisades with the first Micronauts series. The factory that had the job fell way behind schedule and over budget, and then sent the tooling to another cut rate subcontractor to do the job - without Palisades' knowledge or agreement. The subcontractor's results were crap and the product was well below the QC signoff. Palisades refused to pay the rest of the bill for delivery of substandard product. The first factory couldn't pay the subcontractor, so the subcontractor kept the tooling. Palisades found a new rep, and when the new rep went to the first factory with their own strong men to retrieve the tooling, the first factory said the tooling had been destroyed. When the new reps eventually squeezed the right people and got the tooling back from the subcontractor, acrylic glue had been shot into all of the channels and cavities - vandalism. The new rep and their new factory then had to clean/rehabilitate all the tooling. They did a great job, as can been seen from the stellar Series 1.5 work, but it was a huge effort caused by double crosses, requiring tens of thousands of dollars of work that shouldn't have needed to be done, and the assistance of some really serious and expensive people.
    Last edited by AcroRay; Jun 22, '11, 1:19 PM.
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• Tothiro
      Kitten Mittens
      • Aug 28, 2008

^ Sounds like an awesome start to a Kung ** flick.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎