Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go... Verbal assault set to begin!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

That's a good one. I'll have to remember that.
    JediJaida

Comment

• nubee
      Career Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

Thanks for giving us this information on Day2Day, Jimmegos. What a conniving and sleazy business they operate. I hope they go under very fast.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

The thing that gets me is his claims that Go Hero didn't really have the rights to sell those Ray Harryhausen and Buster Crabbe figures. I doubt the claim... but for the moment, let's assume it is true. If those figures weren't properly licensed, then why the heck is Day2Day selling them on their website? And prominently featuring them in their marketing? It's not any less unlicensed just because they "owe you money"...

Again, I think the claim doesn't hold water. Go Hero made toys based on the Bluewater Comics properties. You can easily find interviews online where Ray Harryhausen talks about teaming up with Bluewater to produce the "Ray Harryhausen Presents..." comics. Why would Harryhausen actively promote these, if Bluewater (and Go Hero) was ripping him off by producing unlicensed product? This version of events doesn't add up...

Comment

• MegoSteve
          Superman's Pal
          • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by sprytel
          If those figures weren't properly licensed, then why the heck is Day2Day selling them on their website?
          Yeah, that's really fishy. If they aren't licensed, Day2Day doesn't have the right to sell them, either.

The other thing that struck me as odd is the claim that GoHero owes them $675K, when I'm not sure the full retail price of all of the GoHero products they manufactured exceeds that number.

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by MegoSteve
            Yeah, that's really fishy. If they aren't licensed, Day2Day doesn't have the right to sell them, either.

The other thing that struck me as odd is the claim that GoHero owes them $675K, when I'm not sure the full retail price of all of the GoHero products they manufactured exceeds that number.
            Yea, let's pull a number out our butt why don't we?..... oh yeah well you owe me... One Billion Dollars!

Whew! at least we only owe an imaginary 5k

What a doofus...

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

You shouldn't call him a doofus. Others of that ilk will be insulted by the comparison.

I doubt that there is a word in any language strong enough to accurately describe this .....person; and I use the word loosely.
              JediJaida

Comment

• nubee
                Career Member
                • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by JediJaida
                You shouldn't call him a doofus. Others of that ilk will be insulted by the comparison.

I doubt that there is a word in any language strong enough to accurately describe this .....person; and I use the word loosely.

Amen to your comment. I hope the words get around enuff so that absolutely no one buys chit from 'em. What a bunch of mudder fudder ***bags. ( I think these words are slightly more accurate than "doofus." Sorry David, I'm not as nice and courteous as you. )

Comment

• Zemo
                  Still Smokin'
                  • Feb 14, 2006

So what!

Comment

• Timothy2251
                    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                    • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by David Lee
                    Yea, let's pull a number out our butt why don't we?..... oh yeah well you owe me... One Billion Dollars!

Whew! at least we only owe an imaginary 5k.
                    Well, it is important you settle your imaginary debts. Pay 'em with Monopoly money. Only fair.
                    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Joe90
                      Most Special Agent
                      • Feb 23, 2008

Good luck with your investigation, Jim. It sounds like you have a lot of ducks already lined up.

I like your idea outlined in the correspondence to Congressman Steve Womack and Senator John Boozman regarding incentives for the rebooting of toy manufacturing in the US. In the age of digital communication an entity like Castaway toys could easily be manufacturer, distributor, and retailer all rolled into one thereby keeping costs down in order to have a reasonable price at retail. This model, combined with more efficient manufacturing processes, is definitely the way of the future.
                      90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                        Mego Dork
                        • Nov 9, 2008

In the sake of fairness Mr. Jeff has added a new response/comment to the ongoing blog dialog. Injustices of certain Chinese manufactures against U.S. small business owners. s Toy Box

I too have replied

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎