X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • almitysufx
    Persistent Member
    • May 27, 2004

Better late than never

Sunday afternoon I had to deal with family things and I've been working 14 hour days all week till today. This is the first time I've had the time to write anything.
    Thank you all for the great weekend!!!!! Laura and I made it in Thursday just before dinner. Walking into Super 8's lobby is like being on Cheers. What a way to start the weekend. Laura was in the dumps because her favorite megohead, Paul, wasn't there. Of course he was, he got in a little later and when she came to the suite it took her a minute to spot him. wish I had a camera out to catch the look on her face!lol.
    What can I say that hasn't been said, Mego Meet isn't a toy show, it's a family reunion with toys!!!
    Highlights for me this year: Meeting Terry and seeing his great customs collection. I'll be starting work on that Boomerang figure very soon, pm me
    Austin's demo was amazing, he has such cool toys!!! Best thing about Austin is you can pick on him and admire him at the same time.
    Seeing John's (type 3 toys)table again. His customs have to be seen in person.
    Getting the chance to show some people how easy it is to make a printed suit. I've tried to do a demo for the museum a few times but never finished it but doing suits there and getting it taped was great. I hope it turned out ok.
    Seeing everyone again.

Big thanks to Dave Mc for all he's done throughout the years, Chris for taking over, Steve for being behind the curtain and helping Chris & Dave more than most of us knew, and everyone else that makes it happen!

The last thing .... Thanks Rose and Paul! The 2011 Mego races were a blast!! Laura said it was her favorite part of the trip. Thanks for including her, that was the most social she was all weekend.

There is so much more to say, but it's bedtime so see you all next year!
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

It was great seeing you Laura again this year Ed.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

It is always great to see you and Laura. I am glad we got to spend a good amount of time together. Your Willy Wonka is amazing, and it was fascinating watching you piece that box together. Someone got a real beauty of a custom in the auction.

Comment

• THE FALCON
        Career Member
        • Jan 2, 2011

Hope to see the printed suit footage.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡