X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Question about the 12" Flash Gordon

It looks a lot like the one by GoHero. I know both companies had the same problem with the same manufacturing company, so are they the same figure? And if not, what are the differences?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by Mister Blisterfists
    It looks a lot like the one by GoHero. I know both companies had the same problem with the same manufacturing company, so are they the same figure? And if not, what are the differences?
    I own the Go Hero Flash, and it certainly looks like the same figure repackaged. All of the accessories also appear to be identical. The additional flight suit appears to be the only difference.

I hope someone at Castaway can chime in on this.

Comment

• David Lee
      The Fix-it-up Chappie
      • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
      I own the Go Hero Flash, and it certainly looks like the same figure repackaged. All of the accessories also appear to be identical. The additional flight suit appears to be the only difference.

I hope someone at Castaway can chime in on this.
      Yup, but I'd add a couple of things: The quality on these Flash Gordon's is a bit higher. Before things went south, Steve pushed for many quality upgrades, paints, body issues, etc... So these figures are improved to some of his specifications. Not all of them of course, Steve is a perfectionist, but we feel good about this product and stoked to give credit where it's due and that's back to Steve and Go Hero.

Secondly, we wanted to freshen it up a bit, so I redesigned the sleeve, and we decided to add the pilot outfit that Flash wears in the first 4 episodes of the serial. So you get both outfits with this figure. This is still gonna be fairly limited in terms of numbers, but the key is high quality control and personal touches previously unavailable.

-Dave

Comment

• ribefex
        Museum Patron
        • Dec 19, 2008

What about the head? How it will be? Pictures in Go Hero site looks wonderful but, unfortunately, I was unable to buy the figure, or even seen it in a comic-store here in Spain, and I donīt know if the head was produced with such a great quality.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎