X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
    Ever notice how some Classic TV Toy stuff pops up on ebay. I heard it was the actual CTVT guys doing it. Kinda using ebay as a sales/advertising venue. Maybe it might be a way to reach outside the regular Mego audience and attract some more attention. These figures look so good. I'd try exposing them in every venue I could find.
    I have been selling the figures on ebay under the ID zica_toys.

Comment

• TrueDave
      Toy Maker
      • Jan 12, 2008

I love the Tiger Man figure.
      I'm really hoping the other two bad guys make it, particularlly the Draconian Guard. I think the detail on that one will out do the Tigerman, also didnt you have something planned for that one? A troop building option ? ( different heads or something?) I remember reading something you posted , along with how much detail work is going into it.

I have not cared a lick about Buck Rogers* since I was 10, I want these characters because they are really amazing detailed fun looking action figures !

* Not true. I watched the original movie a few years ago and the opening credits still make my brain hurt . . and Gil Gerard dancing.
      Any chance of a Gary Coleman figure? No? great!!!!

Thats how good these figures are. I've spoken to a few other collectors and you're getting sales from people who hated the show . . .because you made a figure THAT GOOD!

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by TrueDave
        I love the Tiger Man figure.
        I'm really hoping the other two bad guys make it, particularlly the Draconian Guard. I think the detail on that one will out do the Tigerman, also didnt you have something planned for that one? A troop building option ? ( different heads or something?) I remember reading something you posted , along with how much detail work is going into it.

I have not cared a lick about Buck Rogers* since I was 10, I want these characters because they are really amazing detailed fun looking action figures !

* Not true. I watched the original movie a few years ago and the opening credits still make my brain hurt . . and Gil Gerard dancing.
        Any chance of a Gary Coleman figure? No? great!!!!

Thats how good these figures are. I've spoken to a few other collectors and you're getting sales from people who hated the show . . .because you made a figure THAT GOOD!
        At one time I was considering doing the Draconian guard with another head sculpt for series 2 but a lot of people said they would rather have a completely new character.

I'm glad to hear that collectors who were never really fans of the show are impressed enough with the figures that they want to add them to their collection. Hopefully the lower price will entice a few more who may have been on the fence up until now.

Comment

• Tothiro
          Kitten Mittens
          • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
          Oh man, Hawk as GOT to be made!!! Even if he is the only one. A Hawk figure has been sorely missed. I have wanted one since I was a kid.!
          ^This. Hawk, for the love of all that's Bucky (and another Buck just ordered)

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Agreed. If even one additional figure can be squeezed in, Hawk would be the one.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah. Hawk has been a figure I have always wanted from the Buck Rogers universe. Anything I can do to help support this cause, you've got me Craig.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by samurainoir
                Agreed. If even one additional figure can be squeezed in, Hawk would be the one.
                Of series 1, yes, even though I find the Draconian guard absolutely fantastic, and probably the finest in sculpts and details.
                And face it, the series won't be complete without Wilma or Twiki.
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                  Yeah. Hawk has been a figure I have always wanted from the Buck Rogers universe. Anything I can do to help support this cause, you've got me Craig.
                  I've just bought two more Bucks. It'll be Christmas soon, and I like to shop early!
                  Spread the love for Buck around, people. Make everybody join our collective and assimilate them!

I was wondering...
                  What could be done to get Buck out to the masses?
                  Does anybody know anyone who could get this line introduced to a bigger market? It's often who you know, not just the quality of your product.

Approaching the problem from a different angle...
                  While I'm no fan of expensive figures, I would pay more to get another addition to this line. How about a pre-order system? Would this work? If Hawk were the ZICA website exclusive (which was the plan, I think), I'd pay more for this one. Slap an "exclusive limited edition" sticker on it, or something.
                  This may not work, but I'm just looking for options...
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• alex
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 15, 2009

Just wondering Craig, why U never put the word "mego" in your title on ebay, U certainly would get more clicks?

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by alex
                      Just wondering Craig, why U never put the word "mego" in your title on ebay, U certainly would get more clicks?
                      Because they're not MEGO figures and I don't want to cause confusion.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

you shoyuld term it "Mego like"

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

Who cares, as long as they sell, anyone collecting mego will know whats going on

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

I don't think anyone could object to "Mego like" to describe ZICA BR. They're a perfect match, with just a slight scale difference.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
                              Career Member
                              • Nov 29, 2003

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                              I don't think anyone could object to "Mego like" to describe ZICA BR. They're a perfect match, with just a slight scale difference.
                              I agree! Plus there's a guy on ebay selling custom Mego Bucj Rogers figures. The quality is nothing compared to Zica figures, but if the word "Mego" (Mego-like, mego-style or mego-type) appear in the description, it will made people aware it it.
                              Also, people searching for the old Mego 12" or 3 3/4" BR may actualy discover the ZICA figures that way.

Comment

• raider5gt
                                Museum Tree Cutter
                                • Nov 25, 2007

I agree with the rest of the guys and they are also on Megolike.com in the gallery.

I will be sure to get Buck and Tiger Man this month for sure.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎