Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

First off I want to thank everyone for their kind words and compliments concerning my efforts and the quality of the line. Considering the amount of frustration I'm dealing with right now it's nice to have a verbal pat on the back from time to time.

Just to be clear though, the line is not officially dead. I've got the license until the end of the year and have been discussing a few options with the licensor. I've been very lucky in that the Dille family, the licensor, has been very easy to work with. Maybe sales would be stronger if I had been able to release the other three figures but based on trends I'm seeing I highly doubt it.

If the Buck Rogers line doesn't continue it won't put me out of the action figure business. I still have the female body prototyped and I definitely want to see it get produced. I'm already laying the groundwork for what will hopefully be a much better year for me in 2012.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Does this mean that the other figures aren't going to be made AT ALL?

Aw man! If that's true, it's really disappointing. I was really looking forward to getting the other figures.

I hope that they do get made and released. These figures are the greatest thing to hit the action figure market since it was invented.

They blow old style Megos out of the water.
      JediJaida

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
        Does this mean that the other figures aren't going to be made AT ALL?

Aw man! If that's true, it's really disappointing. I was really looking forward to getting the other figures.

I hope that they do get made and released. These figures are the greatest thing to hit the action figure market since it was invented.

They blow old style Megos out of the water.
        There's still the possibility that all the figures will get made, the line is not dead.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Oh, good! You had me scared for a minute.
          JediJaida

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
            There's still the possibility that all the figures will get made, the line is not dead.
            When you say ALL figures,does that mean wave 2 (Wilma,The Vorvon,Twiki,Ardala,Huer) are included??? I'll keep my hopes up for these aswell

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
              When you say ALL figures,does that mean wave 2 (Wilma,The Vorvon,Twiki,Ardala,Huer) are included??? I'll keep my hopes up for these aswell
              Yes, that includes the wave 2 figures as well.

Comment

• Zemo
                Still Smokin'
                • Feb 14, 2006

You do great work, I would love to see this thread moved to the general section. It deserves the most views.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

Craig, you obviously have the product, but need a boost in terms of marketing visibility.

As we saw at Mego Meet, once folks actually saw the quality of the product, sales were quite brisk at the Cast-a-Way table.

Zemo is right. One small thing you could do is work with the Mego Museum folks when you do have some kind of product to show so that Zica figures and prototype pics etc appear on the Museum front page, blog, rss feeds, twitter, facebook, and the Mego Buzz section at the top of the page rather than just down here in the Zica section.

Witness the Brick threads and sales up top currently.

Folks here at the Museum should take that Diamond order code down to their local comic shop and recommend the Buck figures. Once some stores do order them in and customers see how awesome they are in person, at such a low price point (compared to much of the 1/6th stuff out there now) then they would surely move.
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• starsky
                    veteran member
                    • Aug 26, 2007

well, i'm really glad the line is not dead. i think that craig's got too good of a product for such an early demise.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Maybe we could take it a step further than comic shops, and send the order code to the owners of KMart and Wal-Mart, respectively, as well as pictures, descriptions, prices, etc.

Much as I love comic shops, they can be a pain in the butt to get to when there aren't any in the area!

I'm not saying not to go to them, and pitch them the idea. All I'm saying is that we should start with them, and keep other places in mind.

As long as we don't try to pitch them to Toys R Us, they'll murder the line like they did with RA.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

^^^
                        unfortunately, it's only small fish like comic stores that are serviced by diamond distribution... Which is essentially a monopoly for that market. K-mart/Walmart would't be serviced by diamond.

Wouldn't Craig's best bet for the mass market retailers would be catching their attention at Toy Fair (someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how the Presidential Monsters are getting into TRU?)
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by samurainoir
                          ^^^
                          unfortunately, it's only small fish like comic stores that are serviced by diamond distribution... Which is essentially a monopoly for that market. K-mart/Walmart would't be serviced by diamond.

Wouldn't Craig's best bet for the mass market retailers would be catching their attention at Toy Fair (someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that how the Presidential Monsters are getting into TRU?)
                          One of the major online collectible retailers could have gotten them on the TRU website but for whatever reason this retailer decided not to carry the figures. I'm working on something now that will hopefully improve my chances of getting future projects carried by some of the larger retailers, both online and brick and mortar.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

I would have been all over these had they been at my local TRU.

Unfortunately, after seeing how they didn't even try to put the RA figures where they could be found, I advise against it.

It seems that TRU is only good for Barbies, baby things, computer games, and wrestling action figures by the ton.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• starsky
                              veteran member
                              • Aug 26, 2007

my friends tried getting their product into tru and tru told them that if the stuff didnt sell, they were going to return them and get a refund.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                                Persistent Member
                                • Oct 3, 2007

Ever notice how some Classic TV Toy stuff pops up on ebay. I heard it was the actual CTVT guys doing it. Kinda using ebay as a sales/advertising venue. Maybe it might be a way to reach outside the regular Mego audience and attract some more attention. These figures look so good. I'd try exposing them in every venue I could find.
                                Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                                MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎