X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
    so the Buck Rodgers line is dead already? :( my hopes for Hawk,Wilma and Space Vampire are shattered :( *tears*
    The line is not dead.

Originally posted by samurainoir
    Craig, was the Zica Buck Roger line ever sold through Diamond?
    Yes, the figures were sold through Diamond. They were listed in the February issue of the Previews catalog.

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Perhaps we can start a grassroots campaign via the Mego museum members to get our local comic shops to order Buck and Tigerman? What is the Diamond Order code?
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

For whatever its worth, I've noticed over the past couple of days that some international Google searches are leading folks to the review I did on my blog and they're really scoping out the pics. I hope those stats translates into sales for you Craig. If not than it just means folks from around the globe are interested in nudie pics of Buck. That in itself could become a cottage industry

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by samurainoir
          Perhaps we can start a grassroots campaign via the Mego museum members to get our local comic shops to order Buck and Tigerman? What is the Diamond Order code?
          The Diamond Order Code is FEB11 1542.

Comment

• Jerry68
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 12, 2008

Will you still make the bodies for customs? They are fantastic.
            sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jerry68
              Will you still make the bodies for customs? They are fantastic.
              Yes, I still plan to make the bodies for customs.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Whew!

That's a relief!
                JediJaida

Comment

• Agent4125
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Aug 23, 2007

The problem is that a line with only two figures is not very attractive.
                  And many fans might not have heard of it yet.

It would help if the other three figures were made available.
                  Their release could also increase sales of Buck and Tigerman
                  because if news sites reported about the new releases and additional reviews were posted,
                  then the line would get new attention and new customers.

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

That is true....consistant releases of figures keeps a line/things going along,then also with word of mouth and buzz from toy sites/forums etc.Knowing there might be only 2 figures,may make people lose interest.I honestly dont have hope for the rest of the figures to get made as it seems to be an ongoing trend (start a line,and it ends soon after)

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

That would really suck; not just for us collectors but for Craig as well.

He's put a lot of himself into this line, and it doesn't deserve to die due to a sucky economy.

I'd LOVE to see the rest of this line get made.

Especially Hawk, he was my favorite character on the show.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• MegoSteve
                        Superman's Pal
                        • Jun 17, 2005

Craig,

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with continuing the line. To be honest, I am not really a Buck Rogers fan, but I bought your figures anyway because of the incredible quality and attention to detail you put in each one. I've said this before, but your company is the 8" equivalent of Hot Toys; I'd stack your stuff against them any time and you are only charging about 1/6 of what they charge for a figure.

I hate to even suggest it, but I wonder if it might make it more possible to get Hawk done if you charged more. I wouldn't pretend to speak for everyone, but I'd be willing to pay $50-60 for a ZICA Hawk, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

In any event, even if the Buck Rogers line stopped with only two releases, I'd say it was a tremendous success for the sheer amount of artistry. You've really raised the bar.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

I'd pay extra for a Twiki and Wilma. Buck needs help!
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Cmonster
                            Banned
                            • Feb 6, 2010

I can't speak for Craig or anyone that is doing the re-mego stuff (Castaway, EMCE, Mattel, etc...) but what I can say is that this sad news, unfortunately doesn't surprise me. It totally sucks that this is the situation for Zica, but I really must say that most people really have no idea how much product these guys have to move to even recoup their investment. The entire process of acquiring the license, choosing a factory, dealing with the production, prototypes, shipping, licensor approval, ect... is a HUGE undertaking and is incredibly time consuming, not to mention, quite expensive. What these guys deal with to just GET product is really unbelievable, not to mention the kind of quality that Craig has been able to achieve here. It truly is a monumental accomplishment, but like I said above, at this point, after all the money and time invested, it truly is an uphill battle to sell enough product of something like this to just break even. Truth is, most companies don't... Again, I can't speak for anyone here, but my guess is that they did it because of the love of 8 inch format and the license.

I looked into doing this years ago. The math just didn't work out-- The bottom line for me was that I simply didn't feel I could move enough figures to make enough money to where it would be worth it for me, so I make customs. Way less investment up front and although the figures are way more expensive, I'm probably making more money doing private commission customs, than I would had I done something like Craig or Jason and Dave. It just wasn't worth the hassle to me.

My hat goes off to Craig for doing this. He's a better man than I am. In my opinion, he's made an absolutely incredible product and to ME, that's what matters. I just wish financially, it would have worked out different for him, as I'm sure many in here do.

I dunno Craig, maybe...MAYBE there's some we can work together on making customs of some of the other figures available to those who are willing to pay a little more... You know where to get a hold of me if you need my help, brother.

SC

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

I Definitely would pay more to get Hawk,Wilma,Twiki and the Vorvon Space Vampire....and even Ardala

Comment

• boss
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 18, 2003

Sandy hit the nail pretty squarely on the head with his post.
                                Last edited by boss; Jul 28, '11, 4:33 PM.
                                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎