X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
    There's no way that's gonna happen for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately for now the best choice for production is China, especially if you're trying to maintain certain standards.

I had a phone call earlier today which was somewhat promising in regards to another company taking over the Buck Rogers line. Hopefully that will happen and at least you'll have the chance to get the remaining three figures.
    that sounds great!

not to be greedy,do you think this company could persue the rest such as Wilma? (you could supply the female body)

of course the vorvon space vampire too

I could live without Twiki since he is a expensive fully tooled character
    Last edited by Teemu; Sep 29, '11, 9:54 PM.

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
      that sounds great!

not to be greedy,do you think this company could persue the rest such as Wilma? (you could supply the female body)

of course the vorvon space vampire too

I could live without Twiki since he is a expensive fully tooled character
      I honestly don't have any idea as to what they would do concerning the other characters. I'd be happy to supply them with the female body though.

Comment

• Tothiro
        Kitten Mittens
        • Aug 28, 2008

Hawk possibility is Epic. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Mefiboschet
          Career Member
          • Nov 29, 2003

I had a phone call earlier today which was somewhat promising in regards to another company taking over the Buck Rogers line. Hopefully that will happen and at least you'll have the chance to get the remaining three figures.
          Ahh, here's a glimpse of hope! Is there anything, we can do from our end to encourage this other company taking over this line? I know, you can't reveal any names. but if there would be some kind of "pre-order" sign up, it might help to indicate, that there is considerable interest in this line.

Maybe we can at least create a new thread in this forum, where everybody could show his interest that this line may be continued.
          Last edited by Mefiboschet; Sep 30, '11, 6:55 AM.

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Mefiboschet
            Ahh, here's a glimpse of hope! Is there anything, we can do from our end to encourage this other company taking over this line? I know, you can't reveal any names. but if there would be some kind of "pre-order" sign up, it might help to indicate, that there is considerable interest in this line.

Maybe we can at least create a new thread in this forum, where everybody could show his interest that this line may be continued.
            The best thing you can do is support the line if the other figures are released. Not only through purchases, but also spread the word with your local comic book and hobby shops to order the figures. If you don't have a local comic book or hobby shop, spread the word with your fellow collectors.

Comment

• Jerry68
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 12, 2008

There's no way that's gonna happen for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately for now the best choice for production is China, especially if you're trying to maintain certain standards.

That is good news, I hope you will be fairly compensated.
              sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jerry68
                That is good news, I hope you will be fairly compensated.
                Far from it. I'll be taking a major loss on the project.

Comment

• Cmonster
                  Banned
                  • Feb 6, 2010

Far from it. I'll be taking a major loss on the project.
                  I know the feeling. Unfortunately, when you're so incredibly passionate about something and take the execution of it to the enth degree, like you did with these figures, the risk of actually making any money becomes greater. To get to the level of detail and perfection of the figures you've done, takes time and money. As the process moves forward, more time and certainly more money get invested and as every day goes by, you realize that you'll be happy to simply break even and get your investment back. Sadly, a very large percentage of the people buying your figures will never know this. It's a hard pill to swallow-- believe me, I've swallowed a few of them.

Flip side is Craig, you've produced what are in my opinion, the most detailed and impeccably done, factory made figures in this scale to date. Period. You should be very proud of that.

Just some perspective and a public pat on the back from fellow dreamer.

SC

Comment

• SeattleEd
                    SynthoRes Transmigrator
                    • Oct 24, 2007

Craig,

I was curious if you contacted SFM/EMP here in Seattle to carry and sell the Buck/Tigerman set in their gift shop? I'm sure they would sell well, more so during summer when tourist season hits and mass people line up to get into SFM.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Cmonster
                      I know the feeling. Unfortunately, when you're so incredibly passionate about something and take the execution of it to the enth degree, like you did with these figures, the risk of actually making any money becomes greater. To get to the level of detail and perfection of the figures you've done, takes time and money. As the process moves forward, more time and certainly more money get invested and as every day goes by, you realize that you'll be happy to simply break even and get your investment back. Sadly, a very large percentage of the people buying your figures will never know this. It's a hard pill to swallow-- believe me, I've swallowed a few of them.

Flip side is Craig, you've produced what are in my opinion, the most detailed and impeccably done, factory made figures in this scale to date. Period. You should be very proud of that.

Just some perspective and a public pat on the back from fellow dreamer.

SC
                      Thanks for the public pat on the back Sandy, it is greatly appreciated. You've also hit the nail on head with how things worked out with these figures.

They may not have been a financial success for me, but as a creative success I think I've definitely achieved what I set out to do.

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                      Craig,

I was curious if you contacted SFM/EMP here in Seattle to carry and sell the Buck/Tigerman set in their gift shop? I'm sure they would sell well, more so during summer when tourist season hits and mass people line up to get into SFM.
                      Never did contact them. Until I know for sure what's going to happen with this other company taking over the line I've got to keep the bulk of the inventory I have left because that's part of the buyout deal.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎