Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tothiro
    Kitten Mittens
    • Aug 28, 2008

If I had a magic Genie lamp, Hawk would be in production. That's such a bummer. I'm still going to hold out hope that there might be some way to produce a run of the Hawk heads as a kit, or whatever finished tooling is already made for.

It really was my #1 ReMego hope.

As beautiful as the other figures are (and the Draconian sculpts are great) Hawk was kind of my only interest. If the other characters (wilma, Twiki, etc) weren't made I was already ok with that... and actually I held off on buck for a bit just because I wasn't sure if Hawk was coming (this sounds like hyperbole, but I really was set to hold off unless he was made, and then pick the whole line up if he was).
    I'm not sorry to have picked up Buck at all - I can only assume it's what you set out to make because it's such a superb figure, but maybe an uncertainty of production for other characters stayed a few clickety clicks in the online shopping world? I dunno.

This might sound weird to other show fans, but even though he was only on at the tail end, I always viewed Buck as Hawk's kind of retarded sidekick as a kid. That show was ALL about the Kato for me.
    Last edited by Tothiro; Sep 6, '11, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

Sad news. The Buck figures were just perfect.

Comment

• Type Two
        Career Member
        • Sep 20, 2010

"This might sound weird to other show fans, but even though he was only on at the tail end, I always viewed Buck as Hawk's kind of retarded sidekick as a kid. That show was ALL about the Kato for me."

LOL! I really liked Hawk too, but Buck was "The Man."

I'm very disappointed to learn that there is not going to be a Hawk figure.

Is there ANY CHANCE AT ALL that Hawk will still be made?

Maybe you could sell "stock" in the production at $50 (or so) per "shareholder"? I'd sign up.
        Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Type Two
          "This might sound weird to other show fans, but even though he was only on at the tail end, I always viewed Buck as Hawk's kind of retarded sidekick as a kid. That show was ALL about the Kato for me."

LOL! I really liked Hawk too, but Buck was "The Man."

I'm very disappointed to learn that there is not going to be a Hawk figure.

Is there ANY CHANCE AT ALL that Hawk will still be made?

Maybe you could sell "stock" in the production at $50 (or so) per "shareholder"? I'd sign up.
          There's a small chance the remaining three figures will be made, or possibly just Hawk, if I can work out a deal with another company to take over production. I'm just not willing to take the financial risk again. If I can't sell enough of Buck Rogers to make a profit, the main character of the show, I don't see the chances being any better for Hawk.

Comment

• Tothiro
            Kitten Mittens
            • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by Type Two
            Right? Like a Kickstarter campaign. I'd be in for (2) shares.

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

I's pay $50 for a Hawk and also get two.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

I'd try to get three if that would help.
                JediJaida

Comment

• Tothiro
                  Kitten Mittens
                  • Aug 28, 2008

Well that's $400 ... Zica needs an Escrow account and some publicity here.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Take out a big fat ad in Toyfare magazine, or Action Figure Insider.

Do an interview, have lots of pics to go with, discuss upcoming goodies.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• timb
                      Will Draw for Toys
                      • May 1, 2009

For what it's worth, and I'm not even much of a Buck Rogers fan, these were some of the most impressive meticulously detailed 8" figures I've seen to date. From the sculpting to the clothing minutae they were beautiful.

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida

I put full page color adds in a few magazines and I've also done a couple of interviews.

Originally posted by timb
                        For what it's worth, and I'm not even much of a Buck Rogers fan, these were some of the most impressive meticulously detailed 8" figures I've seen to date. From the sculpting to the clothing minutae they were beautiful.
                        Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it. Based on all of the positive feedback the figures have received I can at least say I succeeded in making a quality product.

Comment

• Type Two
                          Career Member
                          • Sep 20, 2010

Hey, more people should jump on the bandwagon!

MAKE HAWK REAL!

Yeah, and like timb said, the BR figures are really amazing and I also love the blank bodies. Thank you!
                          Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

Toyfare went out of business

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

I am in for 2 Hawk's

Comment

• Tothiro
                                Kitten Mittens
                                • Aug 28, 2008

ToyFare stopped publishing a while back... so that's evidence that an ad there would have done little to reach us
                                One of the old editors is working over at DST and is a good chum, but that doesn't help with Hawk.

Originally posted by Teemu
                                I am in for 2 Hawk's
                                Yay! $500. Ok so supposing that tooling is already finished, we just need to multiply this by what... 10? 20?
                                Last edited by Tothiro; Sep 7, '11, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎