Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoGeekJr
    Youngest Mego Lover
    • Dec 6, 2005

For me, well........... I actually am or never be afriad of any horror movie. I just love the slasher series.

Actually, every time I take a shower, I always have to look back because I think of.........

Halloween.
    My heighten mutant sense never lies..........................................This ain't lemonade.

Comment

• twilitezoner
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 18, 2007

Originally posted by Goblin19
      Horror Hotel and Salem's Lot stand out for me from my childhood.
      Salem's Lot was incredible. The original Halloween was as well.

Comment

• davidb
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 9, 2007

The only movie that really freaked me out as a kid (that I can remember and haven't blocked out) was the original Gremlins. Not the whole thing - just the part where Spike's skeleton jumped out of the smoking fountain at the end.

And it's even less a horror movie, but the melting Nazis at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark got me as well.

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

The 2001 "reimagining" for Planet of the Apes. What a waste of film and time, that one. Very horrible film. Ugh. The thought of it makes me want to upchuck.
          Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• MegoMonk
            Career Member
            • Jan 22, 2007

Jaws;
            That scene where Richard Dreyfus dives to look at a boat that belonged to a freind of his. The boat is full of holes and sinking. When he looks inside, the guys head falls out from one of the holes and then one of the eyes pops out of the head.
            That was too much for my 10 year old mind.

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

One more I remember vividly was the movie "Frogs" in the early 1970's. The commercials used to run all the time on our local Atlanta TV station back then, and for some reason the pic of the frog with a human hand hanging out of his mouth just gave me the willies. It's a silly movie, but that pic always bothered me.
              Yes, I'm a big wuss
              George

Oh man, I had forgot that movie. I remember the newspaper ad for it and that picture of the frog with the hand hanging out of it creeped me out too.

Comment

• lepage
                The Ape General
                • Aug 12, 2001

Originally posted by toys2cool
                Actually there's 2 more that really scared the crap out of me
                Demons? the one where the chick is watching TV and it comes out and every body in the building turns into one including a scary little kid

Found it-Demons 2
                Demons 2 - Trailer - Showtimes - Cast - Movies - New York Times

Ghost stories?? can't remember much but it was a group of guys who were all in love with this girl and one hits her and they think they killed her,so they stick her in a car and throw her in the water,but as the car is going down she wakes up and starts screaming but it was too late for them to help her
                found it too-Ghost Story
                Ghost Story (1981)
                Do these ring a bell to anyone else?

The movie is "ghost story" and I actually saw that film in the movie theatre when it came out.

I have to say though, Excorsist was the end all be all! I was horrified when I saw that film for the first time which was alone in the dark.

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jul 28, 2007

The Exorcist of course

Nosferatu, I always dreamed his head was connected to large spindly spider's body.

Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Dr. Phibes
                    • Feb 2, 2008

Rosemary's Baby and The Omen- creepy satanic old people and "he has his Father's eyes", and Damien was just a straight out scarry assed movie for me. I also gotta mention the google eyed mutant baby from It's Alive...always gave me bad dreams.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎