Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Wii U was the only interesting thing at E3. Looks like it could be fun. Can't wait to see how they implement it. Hopefully it can live up to the potential that it has. Nintendo has some great innovation and the Wii U's functionality definitely does hold an incredible amount of potential. However, as usual they may be a bit too ahead of the curve.

Everything else is a ZZzzzz... But that doesn't much surprise me. Sony's got nothing but their latest soon to be failed version of the PSP and Microsoft is still too busy trying to be the Wii, not realizing that was old news two years ago.
    Last edited by ODBJBG; Jun 11, '11, 4:07 AM.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Man, you guys are to funny. The only thing I use my PS3 for is a Bluray Player.

This was the single greatest moment for me at E3:

E3 2011 trailer: Halo CE returns to E3 just in time for its anniversary

The BEST Campaign EVER, re-mastered with 2011 graphics, plus online Multi-player & Co-Op added! There truly IS A GOD!
      Last edited by The Bat; Jun 11, '11, 8:36 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
        WANTED for card bending
        • Apr 26, 2008

Actually I love the Uncharted and Ratchet and clank games. other than that you are correct, Blu Ray Player. I loved Halo and all, but i have been bored by games as of late, I am a total Vidiot, and think we have been stuck in the FPS/Sandbox genere too long. was hoping for something new and innovative, and Wii U may be the ticket out....

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

The PS3 is a top level Blu-Ray player. But I bought it at launch to play games. I really like Sony's exclusive series like Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Killzone and Uncharted.

I'm also excited for Halo Anniversary. I bought the first XBOX so I could play Halo. But other than Halo and Gears there's nothing really to be excited about right now.

The WiiU is not doing it for me. Forcing me to play Mario and Zelda games with IPad is not innovative. It's down right ticking me off. Ninty really needs to stop trying to be Apple and drop the gimmicks.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
            WANTED for card bending
            • Apr 26, 2008

oopps forgot resistance, which i actually like better than Halo!

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Games I'm planning on buying this Fall(Xbox):

Halo CE:Re-mastered
              the next "Call of Duty"
              Rocksmith(where you can plug your REAL Guitar into it and jam with your favorite Bands)
              sigpic

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

So; how accurate is this guy?:

The 6 Most Ominous Trends in Video Games | Cracked.com

Don C.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Motion controls and casual game apps will be the death of the hobby.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, motion controls are not innovative. The Atari 2600 had a motion controller. The NES had a bunch of them. Remember UForce and the Power Glove? What pieces of excrement those were. The N64 had the Tilt Pack. Microsoft released the Side Winder Freestyle pro for the PC in 1998. The PS2 had the Eye Toy and other third party gimmicks. And so on.

Motion controller never took off, before Nintendo opened the floodgates of casuals into the console market, because gamers knew motion controls suck. They are imprecise and annoying as hell. It's fine for casual games and allows the facebook crowd to flail their arms around to shovelware while thinking they are actually playing a game. But for traditional games, where you actually need precise control, it sucks and sucks hard.

The flood of cheap shovelwear apps being passed off as games on Apple phones is the other problem, Developers are going to move away from normal and big budget titles with lengthy development time if they can make a fast buck on the cheap with quickly made shovelware on Apple devices and smart phones.

And what happens when the casuals get bored and move on to the next trend? In the Wii's case console and software sales fell like a rock. The casuals moved on and the traditional or core gamer was alienated. Did Nintendo learn from this? No, they are going to release an incremental upgrade with a Ipad for a controller. Way to go after the core Ninty.

In my opinion the industry and the hobby is heading towards another crash. The casuals will move on to the next trend and the few remaining core gamers will be left behind to pick up the pieces. The industry needs to find a happy medium of going after and catering to those casual fad markets while not alienating and ignoring their core market. Because on the rails Star Wars and Fable games are not going to cut it. Throwing heaps of blood on rails games is not going to do it. Controlling Mario and Link with an Ipad is not going to do it.
                  Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 14, '11, 3:24 PM. Reason: typos
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                    WANTED for card bending
                    • Apr 26, 2008

it's not the controller, it's how you can add another dimension to the game with it. The game industry NEEDS another crash, i am tired of games for the first time in 30+ years of gaming!

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by bizzaro megomauler
                      it's not the controller, it's how you can add another dimension to the game with it. The game industry NEEDS another crash, i am tired of games for the first time in 30+ years of gaming!
                      You are obviously a huge Nintendo fan and I respect that. But we are going to have to agree to disagree on this.

In my opinion:

1 Motion controllers do not add another dimension.

It just severely limits the types of games you can play and cripples your control of them. I, honestly, don't hate motion controls as a rule and they are good enough for casual games and games you need very little actual control or input to play. In small amounts it can add some cute gimmicks. But waggle should NEVER replace real controllers as the main de facto controller for a game console. It should be an option if you want it. Not forced on you like Nintendo is doing.

2 I don't think the hobby can surive another crash and the industry needs to get its crap together so this doesn't happen. If/when is crashes it will never recover to the mainstream level it is now. Tripple A core titles will be a thing of the past. I, for one, am not looking forward to a hobby of nothing but cheaply made shovelware and crappy Iphone apps.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                        WANTED for card bending
                        • Apr 26, 2008

Nah, not a nintendo fanboy, by any means, I love all the systems, but have to say the wii has more dust on it than a 70's drug pusher. Technology excites me, i guess i have high hopes for anything that might bring a new dimension to gaming. Games just have me bored to tears lately.

The system getting the most usage is the 360 by far. Just finished the latest Fable, and LA Noire. the latter of which i enjoyed more than anything as of late. I feel like I am stuck playing another sandbox game, or more FPS. I am an avid Black Ops guy too, but it's time for something to give, we need a new genere of games.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by bizzaro megomauler
                          I love all the systems,
                          Same here. I love the hobby.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎