X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

great toys but always at the wrong time

Since this is referring to older clasic toys I hope it is ok to post this here?

Has anyone else ever had something like this happen to them?

In the 70's when I went to the neighbors to play, they were still using 12" joes when I only had some 8" megos. Later on I finally did get some 12" joe vehicles and playsets (I had the submarine, the hanglider and the joe headquarters) the problem-- I had no 12" figures at all to use with those sets. Instead (at that point my Megos were gone) I was using super joe to go with them, or (since it was around that time) 3 3/4" starwars/adventure people.

In short though I was spoiled in the 70's, I never had collections that went with the othe stuff I owned at the time. It was all of out sync. It breaks down like this:

1.Everyone still using 12" figures and I had 8" Megos

2.When they finally went to 8" megos I then had the 12" Joe bulletman (who did not last long)

3. When I went to super Joe everyone went to Star wars. I then finally got some 12" joe playset and vehicles with no 12" figures to go with them. I only had 8" super Joe

4. When super Joe went away I had 3 3/4 " figures to use with 12" joe sets

Eventually this came back into sync with the adventure people, MAC and star wars, but has an out of sync toy collection occured for anyone else?
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • RG
    Removed.
    • Oct 1, 2004

not too much but I had the wayne foundation .... and never had batman and robin etc. just a mr. mxy, spiderman with homemade outfit to go with that awesome batman house ... then I sold the wayne foundation only to get batman and robin 2nd hand a year later

I was pretty much an 80s 3 3/4 kid ... had joes and star wars with rigs to both sets.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I had an Aunt that kept buying me Action Jackson accessories and clothes but I had no AJ dolls only GI Joe.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎