X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

#1 LSU falls to Arkansas

Like I said last week, LSU has not been playing like a national contender, and Arky knocked us out of the NC race.

Who is gonna be in it now?
    sigpic
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

Wooooo.....piiiiiggggggg.....soooooieeeeee! Razorbacks!

I was afraid LSU might be caught looking ahead a little bit....just like everyone else in the country.

So, who wins the Heisman now? If you don't believe Darren McFadden is the best football player in America, you weren't watching this game.

Sorry Antiquetiger - I feel your pain. But this is a BIG BIG DAY for Hog fans everywhere!!! GO HOGS!!

Comment

• theantiquetiger
      Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
      • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by Megospidey
      Wooooo.....piiiiiggggggg.....soooooieeeeee! Razorbacks!

I was afraid LSU might be caught looking ahead a little bit....just like everyone else in the country.
      I don't think LSU was looking ahead, they been playing like that for the last six games. I just went over to the LSU boards, don't be surprised if some one puts a "For Sale" sign in Bo Pelini and Les Miles' front yard. They are not happy with them. We had Arky 4th & 10 in OT, and they play a slack cefensive, instead of a rush.

I just hope we make it to the Sugar Bowl now. We lose next week, we going to the Capital One Bowl (maybe).
      sigpic

Comment

• Megospidey
        Museum Webslinger
        • Jul 26, 2006

^^^^ to me, looking ahead is talking about who you're going to play in the SEC championship and the national championship before you play your final game.

I read your posts - and you're right tiger - you were realistic about your team - but the majority of LSU nation and the entire nation was not.

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

You're right Chris, LSU hasn't been playing a great game of football in the last few weeks and were lucky to get by a couple of teams. I thought they'd get lucky again for a while tonight. Maybe this loss will refocus them even though a NC is out. Congrats to the Razorbacks. No one was giving them much of a shot.
          USC looked scary against ASU!!!
          Hoping UT can pull it off against UK tomorrow.
          Don't really have a favorite for the Heisman this year and still think McFadden is a long shot but I'll pull for him just for you MegoSpidey!

Comment

• Megospidey
            Museum Webslinger
            • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
            Hoping UT can pull it off against UK tomorrow.
            Don't really have a favorite for the Heisman this year and still think McFadden is a long shot but I'll pull for him just for you MegoSpidey!
            I'm putting McFadden out there all I can, but I really don't think he has the backing of the voters at this point....even though I still say he is the best player in America.

Tim, since you're pulling for McFadden, I'll pull for the Vols over Kentucky - I can't stand Georgia and don't want to see them in the championship.

Comment

• Zemo
              Still Smokin'
              • Feb 14, 2006

McFadden does not have the support of the voters and depending on what chase does tomorrow will probably finish 4th. Tebow way ahead!
              http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ll/heisman.htm
              Last edited by Zemo; Nov 23, '07, 9:10 PM.

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

I think I said something earlier about OSU being in teh BCS champ game. It may still happen.
                Hopefully Kansas beats MO and then loses to Boise.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Wow this was a shocker to me,I really thought they would go all the way,sorry Chris
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Megospidey
                    Museum Webslinger
                    • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by Zemo
                    McFadden does not have the support of the voters and depending on what chase does tomorrow will probably finish 4th. Tebow way ahead!
                    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ll/heisman.htm

That article was written 2 days ago. If Tebow has a good game tomorrow, he's got it. If not....

Rushing for 206 yards and scoring 3 touchdowns - and then throwing for another touchdown against the #1 team in the land - the team that was a LOCK BY EVERYONE to go to the National Champtionship game - will put McFadden back in the voter's minds and make their decision tougher.

BTW Zemo - didn't Florida and Tebow lose to LSU this year???
                    Last edited by Megospidey; Nov 23, '07, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Zemo
                      Still Smokin'
                      • Feb 14, 2006

BTW Zemo - didn't Florida and Tebow lose to LSU this year???
                      Yup, sure did. But then again Lsu was a different team then.

Please don't rob McFadden of his complete stats, like the 3 times he put the ball on the ground today.

Comment

• Megospidey
                        Museum Webslinger
                        • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by Zemo
                        Yup, sure did. But then again Lsu was a different team then.

Please don't rob McFadden of his complete stats, like the 3 times he put the ball on the ground today.

Too bad Florida and Arkansas didn't play each other this year - would have been fun to watch Tebow and co. against "Mr-fumble-3-times-McFadden"

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Good, maybe I'll stop seeing all those fair weather LSU fans in FLA.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎