X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boynightwing
    That Carl Guy
    • Apr 24, 2002

Originally posted by The Toyroom
    Jim Lee and Geoff Johns on JLA? Sounds good on paper but I'm wondering how many issues need to be in the can before they solicit or before Lee OR Johns start dropping the ball.
    Jim Lee and Frank Miller sounded good on paper too and look how that turned out. Yikes!

I've been saying they need a hard reboot since they blew up Bludhaven in one of those Crisis's I didn't buy. Then it just got worse and worse. Killing Martian Manhunter, the whole Wonder Woman thing, Batman Inc. It's all blah.

But then...I don't want them just redoing all the same stories all over again if they reboot. In 10 years or so I don't want to see a rehash of Knightfall or No Mans Land etc.

My favorite DC books right now are:
    Zatanna
    Gotham Sirens
    Batgirl
    Red Robin

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

All of my favorite characters were created in the last 20 years.

if they go, so does my money.

and there are plenty of other fans who feel likewise.

I think the big news is the same day digital, and I wish them well on that, but those of us who have invested in this ongoing drama want to see it continue.

I hope it does. I don't care about the fab five Titans, Hal Jordan, Barry Allen, or anything pre 1984 (Save for Kamandi and Swamp Thing), and will not support the eradication of anything post Crisis, for daring to change the Silver Age Status Quo.

I refuse to be punished for loving what I love, and if they can't respect that, and the fans who do, then they don't need us or our money.

I have seen very little in the way of positive reactions. Almost everywhere I go, fans are dreading the worst, and hoping for the best. I hope, for everybody's sake that this works out, or goes away quickly.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

YAY! They've announced another Legion of Super-Heroes reboot, just when they finally got the series good again!

It's like they want an Ultimate universe like Marvel has, but just don't know how to do it.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 10, 2006

This reminds me of why i stoped buying current issues

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

The characters also are getting a makeover. While most of the specifics are still top secret, Lee says he worked with both staff and freelance artists to redesign costumes in a contemporary way as well as alter the physicality of many heroes and villains to modernize the DC Universe.

Last edited by samurainoir; May 31, '11, 9:25 PM.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

Okay...I just vomitted in my mouth. Excuse me while I go spit.
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Details Emerge On DCs Relaunch - Comic Book Resources

Included in the 52 series will be:

A new title starring Superman written by Grant Morrison.
                Birds of Prey #1 - This new ongoing series will not feature the work of longtime "BoP" writer Gail Simone. In fact, many tried and true approaches to books will be getting a second look at DC in September.
                Teen Titans #1 - The new start for the teen team will be written by "Red Robin" scribe Fabian Nicieza.
                Justice Society of America #1 - Only one of a number of current titles that will welcome a creative team shift, the future of the original superhero team will apparently not involve current writer Marc Guggenheim.
                Wonder Woman #1 - Don't expect the recent changes from writer J. Michael Straczynski to stick when the Amazing Amazon sees another new #1 hit.
                Green Lantern #1 - Even with a new #1, Green Lantern remains in Johns' hands, and readers can expect the effects of major crossovers like "Blackest Night" to stay in place moving forward.
                Hawkman #1 - While fans have known a "Hawkman" series by James Robinson has been in the works since the writer mentioned it on a panel at New York Comic Con, Bleeding Cool's Rich Johnston has been reporting the rumor that the book will be drawn by "Batman & Robin" and "Outsiders" artist Philip Tan.
                Aquaman #1 - No surprises here. The already announced series featuring the sea king by Johns and Ivan Reis will be part of the relaunch wave.

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

I'm sorry, but the above image is not the Justice League.

This is the JLA

This is the JLA

This is even the JLA plus others

I had feared this stuff would start happening when Jim Lee got some measure of control. DC editorial is lost.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Just noticed Cyborg is part of the "Big 7" of the JLA....obviously a carry-over from his performance in "Flashpoint"...This disgusts me....
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

I feel like I've been pushed in this direction for awhile now but I may just end up dumping everything and going cold turkey...Same thing happened years ago with me and the WWF, something I followed since I was a young kid and suddenly I felt forced out as I was no longer fitting the demographic they were shooting for...

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Included in the 52 series will be:

A new title starring Superman written by Grant Morrison.
                        Hooray....

Birds of Prey #1 - This new ongoing series will not feature the work of longtime "BoP" writer Gail Simone. In fact, many tried and true approaches to books will be getting a second look at DC in September.
                        A slap in the face as Simone was the only one besides Chuck Dixon that ever did BoP right....

Teen Titans #1 - The new start for the teen team will be written by "Red Robin" scribe Fabian Nicieza.
                        All Titans book have been crap anyway since Johns left the reboot...

Justice Society of America #1 - Only one of a number of current titles that will welcome a creative team shift, the future of the original superhero team will apparently not involve current writer Marc Guggenheim.
                        All JSA books have been crap anyway since Johns left the reboot...

Wonder Woman #1 - Don't expect the recent changes from writer J. Michael Straczynski to stick when the Amazing Amazon sees another new #1 hit.
                        Geez, there's a freakin' surprise

Green Lantern #1 - Even with a new #1, Green Lantern remains in Johns' hands, and readers can expect the effects of major crossovers like "Blackest Night" to stay in place moving forward.
                        One of the few smart moves, not f'in up what Johns has already spend considerable time building up...

Hawkman #1 - While fans have known a "Hawkman" series by James Robinson has been in the works since the writer mentioned it on a panel at New York Comic Con, Bleeding Cool's Rich Johnston has been reporting the rumor that the book will be drawn by "Batman & Robin" and "Outsiders" artist Philip Tan.
                        All Hawkman books have been crap anyway since Johns left the reboot...Plus, even though Robinson was intially involved with said same reboot, his recent output of material for DC has sucked...

Aquaman #1 - No surprises here. The already announced series featuring the sea king by Johns and Ivan Reis will be part of the relaunch wave.
                        Wouldn't it be ironic, after years of being 2nd banana and the joke of DC Comics, if Aquaman became the shining star of this entire fiasco?
                        Last edited by The Toyroom; May 31, '11, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Random Axe
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Apr 16, 2008

Anthony, you and I are in the same life raft, buddy. I just don't connect with any of this stuff. Trust me, dumping your monthly books is liberating. I don't ever see me going back.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

I'm definitely not very big on the bulky Cyborg design. Vic was never previously such a hulking figure. Particularly with his objections to looking so clunky and out of place in the early days of Wolfman/Perez. Even as a gadget junky I've always though he'd go sleeker and cleaner looking as he advanced the technology of his body.

The way contemporary design goes, I really think he'd look more like an Apple product than a chunky swiss army knife.

I'm not saying he should go back to that cheezy liquid metal/nanite or whatever body, but something more Masamune Shirow and less Rob Liefeld.
                            Last edited by samurainoir; May 31, '11, 9:56 PM.

Comment

• torgospizza
                              Theocrat of Pan Tang
                              • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                              It's like they want an Ultimate universe like Marvel has, but just don't know how to do it.
                              Mark Millar really honed his Ultimates chops (and this is merely my opinion) while working on what was essentially DC's version--The Authority. I think a lot of Marvel's success with the Ultimates universe owes a great deal to Warren Ellis and Hitch (who worked on The Authority prior to The Ultimates).

Comment

• samurainoir
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by torgospizza
                                Mark Millar really honed his Ultimates chops (and this is merely my opinion) while working on what was essentially DC's version--The Authority. I think a lot of Marvel's success with the Ultimates universe owes a great deal to Warren Ellis and Hitch (who worked on The Authority prior to The Ultimates).
                                I totally agree. Both Millar and Bendis have stated that Ellis' work has been very influential on their own.

Although prior to Ultimates Bryan Hitch really honed his widescreen sensibilities on Stormwatch/The Authority, finally coming out of the shadow of Alan Davis' influence.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎