X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Kenner 1978 Spring Catalog

Spring Supplement Catalogs usually include things that didn't make it into the February Toyfair in a bid to make it out in time for the Christmas season. The 1978 Kenner Catalog is a prime example featuring some classic goodies and a few that just didn't make it under anybody's tree that year.
    Bionic Woman, Play Doh, Star Wars, Finger Pops and much more.

Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

I loved Play-Doh, but my mom still says that, at the time, she could have killed everyone who bought me it. I guess it had a way of getting into the carpet.

I was also checking out the 1978 Star Wars catalog and I don't remember those particular Light Sabers. what I remember are the Light Sabers that had a plastice blade. When you'd swing it would make a sound very similar to the Light Sabers in the movies. I think they might have glowed in the dark, as well. The other thing I remember about these is that when you'd go into the stores toy department they would be found standing up in a huge bin (seemed huge at the time).

The Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman figures and playsets, etc.; I remember them being a staple in toy dept.'s for years.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

My first experience with play-doh was discovering it and eating an entire can on Christmas morning '72. My sister thought I was going to die and started crying, it's a really funny picture.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
        My first experience with play-doh was discovering it and eating an entire can on Christmas morning '72. My sister thought I was going to die and started crying, it's a really funny picture.
        I can see eating Play-Doh, but I don't think I ever did...LOL Did you get sick, at all, from eating it? And, is there actually a picture of this?

- Ian

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

I have a Fembot. It's a fun doll, except that the wig of the Mystery Lady (who looks a lot like Melinda Fee who guest starred on the series), is too short, and unless you have the original outfit w/ the hood to hide all that hair, (I don't have it), the wig is pretty useless.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
            I can see eating Play-Doh, but I don't think I ever did...LOL Did you get sick, at all, from eating it? And, is there actually a picture of this?
            Yeah, somewhere there is a picture of me sitting there smiling with an empty can of play-doh and my sister crying. I apparently thought the play-doh was beans.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
              Yeah, somewhere there is a picture of me sitting there smiling with an empty can of play-doh and my sister crying. I apparently thought the play-doh was beans.
              LOL Well, if you find it anytime soon, please post it in this thread. It's probably a classic.

I suppose that play-doh is pretty harmless if eaten. It probably was a requirement for it to be non-toxic.

- Ian

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎