• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by mitchedwards
    Just rented it.

The game is amazing in its visuals and realism. After playing it last night I actually had a nightmare from playing it.

The Game is AMAZING isn't it?! I wish You were an Xbox Guy though.
    sigpic

Comment

• mitchedwards
      Mego Preservation Society
      • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
      The Game is AMAZING isn't it?! I wish You were an Xbox Guy though.
      I've been a playstation guy for a while. If anyone but Microsoft built the x-box I would own it. There is a reason I run linux on the desktop

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

If anyone but Microsoft built the x-box I would own it.
        LOL I feel the same way about the playstation...if anyone but sony built it...rofl
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I've been a playstation guy for a while. If anyone but Microsoft built the x-box I would own it.

Sadly...You're in for a hard Road when it comes to getting new games. Activistion(Infinity Ward)who Made "Call of Duty" for both Platforms...stated that the Sony software is EXTREMELY difficult to write for. They say it can be done(they did it!)but it's takes 3 times the amout of time and Man power to get it done...which of course drives up Thier cost$$$$$$$$! They said, that most Companies simply won't make that comitment...when the 360 is so much easier to write for. Plus...Xbox Live has WELL established Community, thats quite LARGE...and growing...and onlineplay is where it's AT!

There's also talk...that if sales don't pick up on the PS3...They may abandon the System. So...good luck.
          sigpic

Comment

• mitchedwards
            • May 2, 2003

Sadly...You're in for a hard Road when it comes to getting new games. Activistion(Infinity Ward)who Made "Call of Duty" for both Platforms...stated that the Sony software is EXTREMELY difficult to write for. They say it can be done(they did it!)but it's takes 3 times the amout of time and Man power to get it done...which of course drives up Thier cost$$$$$$$$! They said, that most Companies simply won't make that comitment...when the 360 is so much easier to write for. Plus...Xbox Live has WELL established Community, thats quite LARGE...and growing...and onlineplay is where it's AT!

There's also talk...that if sales don't pick up on the PS3...They may abandon the System. So...good luck.
            Since Sony changed the PS3 with the new model and cut the price, the sales are picking up. I noted the other day at Walmart, the selection of games are picking up nicely. I'm sure alot of ex xboxers are taking their red ring of death and moving to Sony

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Since Sony changed the PS3 with the new model and cut the price, the sales are picking up. I noted the other day at Walmart, the selection of games are picking up nicely.

But that still doesn't make the Software any easier to write for. And most Game Developers are just saying to heck with making PS3 Games...it's too costly.
              sigpic

Comment

• mitchedwards
                • May 2, 2003

As time goes on they will develop the tools needed to write the software.
                When Socom for the PS3 launches in May you will see the PS3 platform take off. My huge gripe is that Sony did not write a PS3 socom to bundle with the PS3 last year.

If they had the PS3 would be the king of the consoles at this point

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

It's really a shame, They never got "Killzone" out...it could have been thier Killer-App! They've been promising it since the 360 came out...back at E3 when they claimed that "Render"...was actual Game play. What's it been now...2 1/2 Years? You think They might be having trouble with it?
                  Last edited by The Bat; Jan 22, '08, 9:20 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                    • Jan 22, 2008

I bought a 360 so I could play CoD 3 and a Playstation 3 so I could play CoD 4 (my 360 was in the shop getting fixed). Cod 4 is my favorite game ever!!! my only complaint is I wish it were a bit more violent/gory. I know that sounds sick but I'd love too be able to blow somebody legs off with a grenade etc. like in Unreal tourny 3, that games graphics kick *** but gameplay is just too fast, I like slower more methodical sniping etc.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by stretchandro
                      I bought a 360 so I could play CoD 3 and a Playstation 3 so I could play CoD 4 (my 360 was in the shop getting fixed). Cod 4 is my favorite game ever!!! my only complaint is I wish it were a bit more violent/gory. I know that sounds sick but I'd love too be able to blow somebody legs off with a grenade etc. like in Unreal tourny 3, that games graphics kick *** but gameplay is just too fast, I like slower more methodical sniping etc.

That's a shame....because COD 3 SUCKS! COD 4 on the other hand...ROCKS! And I LOVE the speed of COD 4...the psyhics are AWESOME!

If You prefer a slower pace...pick up "Rainbow Six:Vegas 2"...it comes out on the 18th.
                      sigpic

Comment

• mitchedwards
                        • May 2, 2003

That's a shame....because COD 3 SUCKS! COD 4 on the other hand...ROCKS! And I LOVE the speed of COD 4...the psyhics are AWESOME!

If You prefer a slower pace...pick up "Rainbow Six:Vegas 2"...it comes out on the 18th.
                        Is Rainbow 6 vegas any good? I used to play the original Rainbow 6 games on the PC, but I have not tried it on a console.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                          • Jan 22, 2008

Yeah, looking foerward to that one also. R6V was my pick for game of the year 2007, so far in 2008 I'd say CoD 4 easily.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Is Rainbow 6 vegas any good? I used to play the original Rainbow 6 games on the PC, but I have not tried it on a console.

If it's anything like RB6:Vegas-1(on the 360)...then it's going to be FANTASTIC! I own the first one(and beat it on the Hardest level)...it's a GREAT Game! The new one will have some improvements...graphics, sprint feature, deep impact, and new Weapons! And some changes to Multi-Player as well(hopefully, random respawn points in Team Slayer).
                            sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by stretchandro
                              so far in 2008 I'd say CoD 4 easily.

No question!! COD-4 Owns!! It's the Game that made me stop playing My favorite Game...HALO! Not even Halo 3, could compete with COD4's Multi-Player!
                              sigpic

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                                • Jan 22, 2008

unfortunatly where I live I can't get online with my ps3, I only play one-on-one with my friends or arcade mode. Sometimes I feel like moving just so I can get online. I need a static ip address, but they only give them to buissness' or else charge you twice as much per month for internet access (or so I'm told).

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎