Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

I could never play that game well. Congratulations to you though.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• oldboxer
      • May 16, 2011

I remember those well. My cousins, friends ,and I played them constantly. A couple of them are no longer with me, so this envokes truly precious memories. Thanks for the look.
      "Play YOUR Game!"
      -Coach Herb Brooks
      1980 USA Hockey

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Thanks everyone. I've been obsessed with Pac-Man games since I was little. After all these years still fun to play.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• oldboxer
          • May 16, 2011

Hey, PAC-MAN started it all and has a place in early 80's lore that can not be touched!
          From the arcades (remember all those quarters in your pocket?) to your living room, it is forever the King of the videogames.
          "Play YOUR Game!"
          -Coach Herb Brooks
          1980 USA Hockey

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I totally remember saving up my quarters and going to the arcade.

The one I went to was called the Gold Mine and the entrance was made to look a cave. My most favorite games were Ms. Pac-Man, Frogger and Centipede. Then I liked Q-bert, Burger Time, Galaga, Crystal Castles, Donkey Kong and Pole Position. I wasn't as good at those though. Especially Donkey Kong. Never could get the timing right for those stupid barrels and even after all these years I still stink at the game, lol.

The first video game I ever played was Space Invaders at a laundry mat.
            Last edited by Werewolf; May 17, '11, 3:00 PM. Reason: typos
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

That's a beaut. I've got a Donkey Kong Jr, Frogger and Ms Pac MAn mini. I believe they re-released a few of these a couple of years back. (I think Urban Outfitters sold them).

I still think back to the day I found one of those full size arcade table style Ms Pac Man game machines being thrown out in this industrial area near the airport back in the nineties. It was just like the one at the local pizzeria growing up. Had no idea of knowing whether is even would have worked, but at least it would have made on awesome table in the kitchen or tv room of the bachelor pad.

No car. No cel phone back then to call one of my buddies who'd understand why. No payphone anywhere nearby. No way of even picking this thing up by myself, let alone carrying it onto a bus and then the subway to get back to my basement apartment.

So I left it there, and still regret it to this day.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

I have an Atari 2600 w/ 180 games and 3 of them are Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Man Jr. When I was 15, some of the kids in the neighborhood had a swapping system. We borrow them week to week from each other, which was really cool when someone had a Xonox Double-Ender or some other obscure game none of us had ever heard of. Folks like to borrow ET from us!
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

I had a couple of those... Man did I love them!

Comment

• TrueDave
                    Toy Maker
                    • Jan 12, 2008

I traded for a Galaga as a kid. Used to play it with my toes.

Then I took it apart to "figure it out"

First time a Kid came to school with the Pac Man game watch he would try to charge us other dudes a quarter to play the game .

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎