X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by timb
    So... how is this guy NOT getting taken down by Lucas arts and hasbro for trademark infringement?
    I'm sure there is a degree of pure dumb luck on his part, but given the fact that the stormtrooper and crimson guard have been embraced by the gay community, you'd expect the backlash of stomping on the Sucklord would just be a bigger publicity coupe for him, and a negative one for Hasbro and Lucas.

Plus being part of the New York art scene probably does afford a great deal of support in the realm of freedom of expressions when your work is auctioned and sold in gallery settings by rich patrons.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

I think he's solidly protected by parody laws.
      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Here is an NSFW outtake interview with him and his mom. Pretty insightful. LOL

"Morgan: Outtake 1" | Show Clip | VH1.com

More info on this weekend's show for those interested.

JB: That’s great. OK well DesignerCon is coming.

THE SUCKLORD: I have my own booth, and I’m going to be doing The Suckathon, which will be run like a late-night talkshow. I’m going to be set up with a desk, and I’ll hold force and opine about everything that I feel inclined to opine on. I’ll have guests sit down and talk with me about anything relevant and irrelevant.

JB: What will you be releasing?

THE SUCKLORD: The main exclusive is going to be the next piece in the Scrubs of the Universe line [Ed note: photo above by SpankyStokes is a teaser...]. And I’m going to have an exclusive Dumny and some one-offs of the Spacemen 4-packs. I’ll probably drop them at different times during the day, and see if I can get people who are stupid enough to keep coming back for these things.

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

The Gay Empire Pink Stormtrooper got a huge front page write up on Wired.com and was wholeheartedly embraced with positive feedback. This was several years ago so he certainly has made his grounds as a parody artist and yes, he's been embraced by the gay community, more so with his personal connections to it.
          Ample enough time for these "parties" to raise their arms, or lawyers arms, to halt. Bottom line, it's art.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

just read this interview. Again just shows you what they DON'T show you around the careful editing of the TV show. It appears that there was a performance art aspect of the carny piece that we didn't get to see.

Work of Art

JB: I'm going to give you a couple quotes. This one comes from guest judge Jeanne Greenberg Rohatyn in the Huffington Post. She said that you "got the challenge intuitively" but she didn't like the "character you played." What do you think she meant by that?

THE SUCKLORD: [At the art opening] I was doing a little performance piece where I was acting like a sideshow huckster. The game is based off Shoot the Freak at Coney Island. You know the scams that go on at Coney Island? I was doing Sucklord huckster. She doesn’t like the character.

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

DesingerCon exclusive drops just showed up:

Exclusive ASSWIPE Colorway: Magenta and Silver! 14 pc edition. 10 Available.

Get it only at Designercon 2011

BOOTH 308

Nov 5 2011

The New SCRUBS OF THE UNIVERSE Exclusive, CARRATOR is HERE! 16 pc edition. 10 available.

Get him only at Designercon 2011

BOOTH 308

Nov 5 2011

The new CHILDREN TOY straight from the Suckhole to you. 9 pc edition, only 6 available at Designercon 2011.

BOOTH 308

Nov 5 2011

Comment

• argent007
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 7, 2005

Not into it, at all.
                My Updated Want List:
                Comic book original art
                1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
                Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

Yup, it's an acquired taste and not for everyone, but brilliant on some level.

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

a tour of the sucklair...
                    SpankyStokes.com | Vinyl Toys, Art, Culture, Everything Inbetween: NYCC 2011: Our trip to Sucklord's "Sucklair"

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

That vintage Stormtrooper on a carded Love Boat Doc is the best.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

DKE Toys & Toy Break present The First Annual Suckathon!
                        The Super Sucklord broadcasts LIVE and UNCENSORED from Designer Con
                        Saturday, November 5, 2011 noon – 5pm
                        Pasadena Convention Center, 300 East Green Street, Pasadena CA 91101

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: DKE Toys and Toy Break present the First Annual Suckathon starring the Super Sucklord. Can’t make it to Designer Con? Worried you may miss your favorite art star from some cable art reality show you may or may not have heard of? Tune in to

Toy Break

Toy Break this Saturday noon-5pm PST

Join the Sucklord at his first Suckathon interviewing celebrity art stars, super toy nerds, hot girls and random passers-by.

Watch him pimp his career and try to sell you a cheesy autographed headshot for $2 (resume included). Your amazingly cheap purchase enters you into a raffle for really cool stuff brought to you by the Sucklord himself (of course). You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll kiss two bucks goodbye.

Bad attitude, crass humor, costumes, helmets, toys and featuring booth babe, Gina Darling. Sit on the couch, be part of it. It’s gonna be huge. Well…it’s gonna be something.

Watch him hawk his wares and make a mockery of the toy scene and most likely himself. Suckadelic exclusives include:
                        Dcon 2011 Dumny
                        The new CHILDREN TOY straight from the Suckhole to you. 9 pc edition, only 6 available at Designer Con 2011
                        Carrator
                        The New SCRUBS OF THE UNIVERSE Exclusive, CARRATOR is HERE! 16 pc edition. 10 available. Get himHYPERLINK "http://www.flickr.com/photos/suckadelic/6302911979/"...
                        Dcon Asswipe
                        Exclusive ASSWIPE Colorway: Magenta and Silver! 14 pc edition. 10 Available. Get it only at Designer Con 2011
                        HYPERLINK "http://www.flickr.com/photos/suckadelic"http://www.flickr.com/photos/suckadelic

Plus you can pick up those Suckpax 3 and Gay Empire figures you’ve been pining for.

If you don’t taunt him, he’ll taunt you. Tune in to HYPERLINK "http://www.toybreak.com" Toy Break or show up at the Pasadena Convention Center. HYPERLINK "http://www.designercon.com" DesignerCon 2011 November 5, 2011

THE SUPER SUCKLORD is an intergalactic hustler and entrepreneur, trading in bootleg action figures, illicit remix records, and dusted internet video. Operating from a secret facility in Chinatown New York, The Sucklord is a master media manipulator and Downtown Designer Toy impresario. He is the supreme ruler of SUCKADELIC, an evil arts organization dedicated to the production and sale of the Sucklord's ironic, low-quality art merchandise.and is currently featured on some cable art show. HYPERLINK "http://www.suckadelic.com" Suckadelic: The Official Site of the Super Sucklord

DKE TOYS: Dov Kelemer & Sarah Jo Marks are Co-Founders of DKE Toys, one of the largest designer vinyl and art-toy distributors in the world, exclusively representing over 250 companies, artists, and designers. HYPERLINK "http://www.dketoys.com/"www.dketoys.com

TOY BREAK: Toy Break is your weekly internet show featuring reviews and news about designer vinyl, plush, action figures, collectibles, events, how tos, interviews, and more! Toy Break

DKE Toys is also presenting the following at Designer Con 2011:
                        Skin Deep, by Scott Wilkowski. Show info at HYPERLINK "http://www.skindeepartshow.com" Skin Deep by Scott Wilkowski - a set on Flickr
                        3rd Annual DKE Toys 3rd Annual Graveyard & Garage Sale

Comment

• SeattleEd
                          SynthoRes Transmigrator
                          • Oct 24, 2007

Anyone go to D-Con? Or watch the Suckathon?
                          He's really great and quite the natural and being a talkshow host.
                          REALLY wish I was there. That raffle grand prize was the bomb and loved how he ended up selling it and splitting the profits with the winner.
                          Hope he sells that Cooter Spaceman on his site. Totally rocks!
                          Gotta make the trek next year for sure.

Curious if anyone heard of the other cats bootlegging Sucklord like The Schmucklord and that guy selling the Suckpeg knockoffs.

Comment

• mazinz
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 2, 2007

The Suckathon was uploaded and can been seen in the links that SeattleEd added. They also downloaded well using steamtransport.
                            "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• SeattleEd
                              SynthoRes Transmigrator
                              • Oct 24, 2007

Check this collab piece out. Scott Wilkowski and $$L and only available as part of the Skin Deep Artshow:
                              Skin Deep
                              Artist Scott Wilkowski Infects 6 Designer Toys
                              Saturday, November 5, 2011 10am – 5pm
                              Designer Con
                              Pasadena Convention Center, 300 East Green Street, Pasadena CA 91101

Scott Wilkowski has been busy putting skulls, skeletons and creepy creatures inside favorite designer toys. For Skin Deep, he infects Buff Monster’s “Buff Monster”, Luke Chueh’s “Possessed”, Frank Kozik’s “Labbit”, October Toys “Gwin”, Suckadelic’s “Sucklord” and Scott Tolleson’s “Otis & Otto”.

The show will premiere November 5th at the 2011 Designer Con, an art and design convention that smashes together collectible toys and designer apparel with urban, underground and pop art. DesignerCon 2011 November 5, 2011

Each of the six hand-cast resin editions will be limited to 25 pieces of two different colors each (50 total of each style). Due to the labor-intensive process of hand making each piece, only 10 of each colorway will be available for purchase at Designer Con.

Prices are as follows:
                              $50 - October Toys Gwin
                              $50 - Scott Tolleson’s Otis & Otto
                              $100 - Suckadelic’s Sucklord carded figure
                              $100 - Buff Monster’s Buff Monster 3”
                              $150 - Frank Kozik’s Labbit 5” by Kid Robot
                              $300 - Luke Chueh’s Possessed by Munky King

Following the debut, Skin Deep will travel to Lulubell Toy Bodega in Mesa, Arizona Lulubell Toy Bodega | Designer Toy Store - KAIJU, vinyl, designer toys, urban vinyl, Japanese vinyl, vinyl toys, Tucson Toy Store, designer toy store, Tucson Lulubell, Lulubell Toys, (December 9th – December 30th) and then to Screaming Sky Gallery in Portland, Oregon Outsider art, toys and exhibitions in Portland, Oregon | Screaming Sky Gallery (February 23rd – March 25th).

There were two up on ePay, now there is one left and people are paying $250 and up for this piece.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                                • Oct 24, 2007

Just found out $$L is looking to do 8" Mego style stuff. SWEET!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎