Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darklord1967
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2008

Well... As those of you who know me are well aware, I like to collect... a few STAR WARS toys.

I began in 1978 with a single Tatooine Luke Skywalker figure, and I snowballed badly out of control ever since.

I will say this:

Nothing beats the special memories I have of acquiring and playing with those vintage Kenner treasures. They represent some special times of my childhood.

And in 1995, when the Power Of The Force 2 line was launched, I was terribly disappointed with the "He-Man" anatomy of the characters and the "monkey face" of Leia. Kenner / Hasbro really needed to find their stride with the line.

But as the years passed, the folks at Hasbro have steadly and consistently improved their STAR WARS toy line until now, it is VASTLY superior to the vintage Kenner line in terms of detail, accuracy, articulation, and durability.

The quality and variety of action figures is leaps and bounds over the vintage Kenner line. And the vehicles, spaceships, beasts, and accessories of the modern Hasbro line make the vintage Kenner counterparts look like Fisher Price toys by comparison.

Please understand, I have not lost any of my pleasant nostalgic memories for my childhood STAR WARS toys and play adventures. But I am careful NOT to look at them through rose-colored glasses when comparing them against the EXCELLENT modern Hasbro offerings.
    I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎