• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

Who decides what gets chosen?
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• MegoGeek
      From The Black Lagoon
      • Jun 27, 2001

Originally posted by JDeRouen
      I do, of course.

For no other reason than, I'm the first one who piped up after you asked.
      ______
      ChArLiE

Comment

• imp
        Mego Book Author
        • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by JDeRouen
        Great question, even if it is a bit of a shill! The details (including participation from former Mego employees!) is currently being drafted by Brian Heiler, Dave McCormick, Joe DeRouen and myself. This is ONLY because the person who developed the idea for this project is currently sidelined. I'll let that person speak up when the time is right, but suffice to say now is not the time for him to be drafting guidelines and time lines!

I promise that all will be explained… with ample time for participation. Perhaps we were a little anxious in putting this out there, but the idea is so exciting, I don't think anyone could wait to reveal it.

I hope that, while the details are being ironed out, folks will continue to brainstorm cool Mego ideas and present them here. This is a collaborative experiment, so everyone will have time to participate.

Not the best answer in the world, I know, but I hope it answers some lingering questions.

Benjamin
        Last edited by imp; Nov 27, '07, 1:32 AM.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Maybe you oughta change the title of this thread and make it sticky on every forum cause I have the feeling plenty of people haven't even seen this yet. Or they're not interested in participating.

I wonder if Derek still has his Scooby Doo customs or if he already sold those...
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Derek's Scooby Doo figures would be PERFECT for this project! (Although I think in keeping with the time period the boxes would/will have to be redesigned as cards...no problem though)
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
              Banned
              • Oct 17, 2007

Legion of DOOM villians ( 13)
              Line: MEGO WGSV ( world's greatest super villians)
              Toy Execution : Ridder only / card backs on all others
              Packaging Execution : Custom ( front and back) with history of characters/first app.)
              Toy Customizers/Collaborators: Me
              Packaging Customizers/Collaborators: Me
              Author Notes: The riddler has always been the only good villian released by MEGO. The oldest villians are included in the Legion of Doom. Giganta ( 1944) ,Lex ( 1940) etc. All thirteen and classic villians that are often overlooked. All the customs I have seen fall short for me and I want to one produce all the figures myself but time may not allow for now.

Legion of Doom Headquarters interior playset
              Author: Pcofmisfittoys
              Line: WGSV
              Toy Execution : custom
              Packaging Execution (Mock-up front )
              Toy Customizers/Collaborators: Me
              Packaging Customizers/Collaborators: Me
              Author Notes: This is a goal of mine to produce the interior of the Hall of Doom so it could be used with 8" figures. Including the table and Lex's stand. Still researching pre-made chairs that I can mold . Also looking at scale.

MASH
              Line: new line MASH
              Toy Execution : digital /mockup
              Packaging Execution : custom card backs
              Toy Customizers/Collaborators: me again
              Packaging Customizers/Collaborators: me again
              Author Notes: The original toy line fell short in some regards. I could see an expanded line with more figures and Klinger with more of a dress-up doll as well.

Monday Night Football
              Line: MNF
              Toy Execution digital mock-up
              Packaging Execution (Custom)
              Toy Customizers/Collaborators: me
              Packaging Customizers/Collaborators: me
              Author Notes: It's sports baby....Back in that time the catalogs and TV where covered in sports . The idea that Joe Namath was only produced is crazy . I can see Howard cosell, and other legends of the day in 8" form in their own WGSH feeling packaging.

Other ideas include:

Re-release of GET SMART figures . It was in popular re-run in the late 70's

Get Smart Shoe Phone toy ( mocked up with a real shoe / packaging

Good Times figures line with apartment playset ( racial diversity/MEGO had very little and a great show)

Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew figures

Hopefully I can produce some of these ideas before whatever deadline there is . Sounds like a fun project for sure. Either way I am creating all of the above items at some point..lol

Comment

• Dave Mc
                Administrator
                • Oct 20, 2002

To answer the "who" question..

From the original post in this thread...

re:Imagined lineup will be selected this February 20th (just in time for Toy
                Fair) by a team that will include former Mego employees.
                The details of that is what will be forthcoming. I think this is one of the coolest parts of this project. Former Mego employees selecting and sorting our stuff for inclusion just makes it really cool. It makes it much more "real". I mean, how can you determine WHAT Mego would have really wanted to include in 1978? Let the people who were making those choices then or working on those projects then, choose now. How awesome is that?

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

PCofMisfitoys:

I really like your idea of the Good Times playset. Being a black woman who grew up on this show, I find this intriguing.

Regarding the Hardy Boys, Kenner had 12" figures based on the then popular TV series starring Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson. Mego size sounds like a great idea. If you need photos of Shaun and Parker to work from, lemme know. (They don't call me The HardyGirl for nothing!)
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• gman
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 4, 2002

Okay -- Let me get this straight -- If someone participates in this and does a great job on their line/idea it is still up to someone to determine whether or not it gets included in the overall project?
                    Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
                      Banned
                      • Oct 17, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                      PCofMisfitoys:

I really like your idea of the Good Times playset. Being a black woman who grew up on this show, I find this intriguing.

Regarding the Hardy Boys, Kenner had 12" figures based on the then popular TV series starring Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson. Mego size sounds like a great idea. If you need photos of Shaun and Parker to work from, lemme know. (They don't call me The HardyGirl for nothing!)
                      I have collected Good Times things for many years . I only need a couple of autographs to have the entire cast and have collected everything from the JJ dolls, tv guides to the trading cards. The DVD's are a daily watch for me.
                      My father was the white James Evans and still to this day think about him when I watch the show. I always loved James Tan pants...lol
                      I remembered the 12" figures from Kenner but thought about the smaller sized. My sister still has all of the books and I wish they had the series back out on DVD ( or do they and I missed it)
                      Last Christmas I got Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy autograph for her as part of her presents...gotta love the classics.

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
                        Banned
                        • Oct 17, 2007

Originally posted by gman
                        Okay -- Let me get this straight -- If someone participates in this and does a great job on their line/idea it is still up to someone to determine whether or not it gets included in the overall project?
                        Knowing that the more well know people on the site will be an automatic shoe in and us lesser known people well be out. Should be judged by non-site members. Good design and good ideas could be judged from any walk of life and everyone should be on equal footing for the contest.

Comment

• gman
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 4, 2002

That's cool --- When I hear project I think project -- When I hear selected and judged I think contest. I just wanted to make sure I understood.
                          Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• Hulk
                            Mayor of Megoville
                            • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by HardyGirl

Does that mean you are really either Ja'net DuBois or Janet Jackson?

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

HAHA Hulk!

PCofMisfittoys: The first and second seasons of the Hardy Boys are available on DVD from Amazon.com.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• The Toyroom
                                The Packaging King
                                • Dec 31, 2004

Scooby Doo and the Gang
                                Author: Megospidey (Derek Combs)
                                Line: Scooby Doo and the Gang
                                Toy Execution: Custom
                                Packaging Execution: Custom
                                Toy Customizers/Collaborators: Derek Combs
                                Packaging Customizers/Collaborators: The Toyroom (Anthony Durso)
                                Author Notes: Since this was on Mego's potential list of things-to-do, Derek has been gracious enough to revisit his some of Scooby Doo custom figures. This time, they'll be carded instead of boxed.
                                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎