• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

Are there any toys of the following?

Hello everyone,

My question is did any vintage company make figures/dolls of the following things
    -I dream of Jeannie (I have seen the remco playset, is there any thing else?)
    -Bewitched
    -Hogans Heroes
    -Munsters
    -Addams Family

Now remember I said vintage and I said figures/dolls not Jigsaws/Colorforms.
    I ask because Mego made so many TV line figures and I know remco and mattel did a few.
    Can any one help?
    thanks
    I the Monster Hero
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Remco made a Jeannie figure
    Ben Cooper did a few Munsters halloween costumes
    and someone made a set of Munsters hand puppets.
    Check out Lueys find in General Buzz.
    Last edited by Marvelmania; Nov 18, '07, 9:10 PM.

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
      Banned
      • Oct 17, 2007

mani wish they had. I'm still working on my autograph collection for the Addams Family and Munsters...about halfway there.

Comment

• MegoNinja
        Career Member
        • Feb 7, 2007

also add Bradey Bunch to that list
        I the Monster Hero

Comment

• megoat
          A Therefore Experience
          • Jun 10, 2003

Remco made Munsters and Addams family figures with big heads and rooted hair. They have no articulation but are pretty groovy.

I found the Herman Munster in September for a buck at an estate sale.....

Comment

• highquality
            #1 Super Guy
            • Jun 10, 2003

Seems like I've seen a Samantha Bewitched Doll. I'm pretty sure of it. Possibly by Ideal??

Yep, found it:

Ideal Bewitched Samatha 1965 AO - (eBay item 150179621879 end time Nov-10-07 15:45:08 PST)
            Last edited by highquality; Nov 19, '07, 1:10 AM.
            WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• MegoNinja
              Career Member
              • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by highquality
              Seems like I've seen a Samantha Bewitched Doll. I'm pretty sure of it. Possibly by Ideal??

Yep, found it:

Ideal Bewitched Samatha 1965 AO - (eBay item 150179621879 end time Nov-10-07 15:45:08 PST)
              I WANT IT!
              NOW! Don't I sound like that chick from Willy Wonka? thanks so much for showing me this, I will be adding this to my list of "get this before you get cancer or other related diseases".
              I am so appreciative of you guys trying to help, also, is there Gilligans Island vintage toys? A friend of mine says that there was Mego style Gilligan doll's back in the day but there is only a few in the world (he owns a collectible store so I trust him).
              I the Monster Hero

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by MegoNinja
                I A friend of mine says that there was Mego style Gilligan doll's back in the day but there is only a few in the world (he owns a collectible store so I trust him).

If by "back in the day" you mean about 10 years ago give or take, there were a few of them made: I think it was Gilligan and Skipper and maybe the Professor.

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

Now remember I said vintage and I said figures/dolls not Jigsaws/Colorforms.
                  I ask because Mego made so many TV line figures and I know remco and mattel did a few.
                  While you're shopping on eBay for Mego figures and Big Jim, you could always do a search for these type of items, couldn't you? Especially since you're not looking for anything specific and are just curious if any figures were made...

Comment

• MegoNinja
                    Career Member
                    • Feb 7, 2007

true, but a lot of the time they are not on eBay, eBay does not have every thing at one time, I am not looking for specific items but I am interested in buying anything 'mego like' of my favorite shows, that bewitched doll for example, is one of them.
                    In regards to those Gilligan island doll's, my friend says that they are from the 70's and that they are from a toy company that went bankrupt after they released the dolls so they are very rare, who know's he could be wrong, if any one remember's he is the same guy that said 1974 Superman Mego never had an S sticker.
                    I the Monster Hero

Comment

• kinostadt
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 14, 2004

The only 1970s Gillian's Island figures I can think of are the small, unarticulated figures from the 1979 Playskool playset.

Comment

• MegoNinja
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 7, 2007

yeah that's the only one's that I have seen too but my friend said that there are action figure/doll's, if no one knows what he is talking about then he is probably wrong.
                        PS
                        this 'friend' of mine is real, I am not making someone up to avoid being critized
                        I the Monster Hero

Comment

• ramsey37
                          • Jun 18, 2001

:P

Originally posted by megoat
                          Remco made Munsters and Addams family figures with big heads and rooted hair. They have no articulation but are pretty groovy.

I found the Herman Munster in September for a buck at an estate sale.....
                          ...and I still hate you...
                          George

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
                            Banned
                            • Oct 17, 2007

true, but a lot of the time they are not on eBay, eBay does not have every thing at one time, I am not looking for specific items but I am interested in buying anything 'mego like' of my favorite shows, that bewitched doll for example, is one of them.
                            In regards to those Gilligan island doll's, my friend says that they are from the 70's and that they are from a toy company that went bankrupt after they released the dolls so they are very rare, who know's he could be wrong, if any one remember's he is the same guy that said 1974 Superman Mego never had an S sticker.

everything is on ebay. It may not be today but the next week it will be. That's why nothing is truly RARE or my favorite VHTF anymore.
                            It's OK to say that you are buying out ofthe MEGO race . They won't burn you at the stake...well most of them won't.

Comment

• apes3978
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 19, 2005

A friend of mine says that there was Mego style Gilligan doll's back in the day but there is only a few in the world (he owns a collectible store so I trust him).
                              This is just interesting. First you say you trust him as to what he says, then later on you say that he could be wrong due in part to other things he's said in the past...

Just because someone owns a collectibles store doesn't mean they know everything (or anything for that matter.) I've dealt with a couple people that weren't exactly a store, but they sold at flea market type things and they knew jack about anything. (And these people weren't supposed to be just your "let's dig it out and see if we can sell it" type sellers, they thought they were pro's with their business cards, etc.)

Anyway, from all you say, it sounds like even you're doubting the guy. My guess is that the dude is making it up or is highly misinformed.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎