Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JM72
    • May 2, 2011

I could use help in identifying a Marx space playset

Hello, this is my first post here. I am a longtime collector of vintage Star Wars and GI Joe, now I find myself turning my attention to some of my other favorite toys from childhood.

What I am trying to find out is the name of what I believe to be a Marx space playset that I had as a kid. The figures and accessories share the same molds as the Moon Base and Galaxy Command sets, but neither of those is the set I had.

The astronauts were cast in white while the aliens were cast in green. The base was a large brownish vaccuformed mountain.
    Most of the accessories were yellow while the alien ships were silver. The circular alien ship connected to a thin metal arm which was attached to another accessory at the top of the mountain. The arm would spin at slight angle horizontally. I don't remember exactly what color the astronaut vehicles were, but I do know the small rocket was white.

This was somewhere from the late 70s, possibly early 80s. I have not been able to identify the exact set I had, only the other 2 similar earlier sets.

Any help is much appreciated!
  • AAAAA
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 28, 2005

Martain landing 1972. Rare
    Huge Box!!!
    Last edited by AAAAA; May 3, '11, 1:15 PM.

Comment

• JM72
      • May 2, 2011

That is definitely it! I can't thank you enough, I have searched but kept coming up short.

My timing is terrible though, a very nice near complete one just sold a few days ago. Now I have something new to hunt for.

I loved this set as a kid. I still have my Navarone set and box, so I am a bit surprised that I don't still have the Martian Landing. I don't remember what happened to it.

Thanks again, I knew I came to the right place

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎