X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Stretch Serpent head on Pawn Stars

Anybody else catch that tonight? I'm sure it's posted on History.com by now.
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

I saw that. They paid $500 for the head and later had it estimated at $4-5000. I wonder how ticked off the seller is now after seeing that episode?
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

The seller knew how rare the toy was, and what a complete one was worth. He also had the head since childhood, and had sentimental attachment. I just find it hard to believe that he accepted $500 for it. He was a nerdy guy, and if he truly wanted to sell it, we all know where it would be..

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I enjoy that show, but I wonder how much of that is completely rigged.

I could be wrong, but wasn't one reason for the rarity due to the fact that Kenner pulled them because Sid and Marty Kroftt threatened to sue due to the similarity of the design to the Sleestaks?

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

I'm sure it's rigged. There are time when "The Old Man" comes off as their toy expert but doubts the head is worth any more than 29 cents.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, and Big Hoss barely knew what Return of the Jedi was, but knew about Stretch Serpent. Rick is pretty consistently written, and seems the most sincere of the bunch.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              ^Yeah, I enjoy that show, but I wonder how much of that is completely rigged.
              I watch it from time to time when I catch it because I like to see the stuff people bring in. But, yeah, it's totally scripted.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎