Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Definitely great for fending off zombies... Terrible if there's a power outage or fire, lol.

Comment

• Chris DVM
      Veterinarian Member
      • Jun 18, 2001

Hey,
      Good start, but I do see deficiencies in the design.
      1) Large wide concrete based 'moat' around the entire structure with the drawbridge crossing it would be a better idea for overall security. In addition, moat should have ability to dump gas/oil into it from underground tanks in order to cremate any moving or unmoving bodies that fall into it. Sides should slope upwards (bottom width larger than top width) to stop climbing out.
      2) Most of the main living quarters should be underground, with a tall larger tower above. Top should be able to land helicopter on, have enough space to have solar panel array for power. Moat should encompass enough land to provide space for growing food - probably at least 3 acres squared.
      3) Security cameras should be built into the walls to prevent someone breaking them/damaging them. Should be camoflaged so as not to draw attention to them for human invaders. Zombies probably won't care.
      4) Anyone been to an aquarium lately? Thick enough acrylic plexiglass will have the same tensile strength as concrete, allowing light in but not zombies. Let them pound, just make faces at them. As long as it is at least a foot thick.
      You know, I need to get a hobby - I think about this stuff WAY to much.
      Chris DVM
      "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎