Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a fair price for a Corgi Batmobile/Batboat giftset?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

What's a fair price for a Corgi Batmobile/Batboat giftset?

For those who are familiar, this is the third edition (with German and American text). No missiles or instructions. But complete with boat, car, figures, and Styrofoam insert. I ask because my friend who's dad recently died was a big Batman fan. He wanted me to have first bid on this item he owned. He said he didn't need "Ebay" prices, but did want a basic fair price. I'm assuming that is a middle range price. Any suggestions on what price that would be based on
    those measures? I'm on the fence as to what to offer.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Nobody? Okay... Well I'm going to offer him $200. Any opinion here is welcome. I won't be paying him until Wednesday.
    Last edited by MIB41; May 2, '11, 9:26 PM.

Comment

• Obibob
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 27, 2007

According to "Today's Hottest Die-Cast Vehicles" edited by Elizabeth A. Stephen; Krause Publishing (2000); the 3rd edition set was worth $350 Mint Condition; $175 Excellent Condition; $120 Good Condition. Of course, this book is 11 years out of date, but I've found it to be reasonable source for the occasional "sanity check" from time to time. So, your $200 offer is probably not that far off (considering the missing pieces).

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Excellent! Thank you so much for that assessment. That makes me feel better. I wanted to be fair to him and, of the course, respectful to the memory of his father. I wanted to make sure my offer was truly fair and that he wasn't just giving it away. I'd rather not have it at all if I couldn't do it right. My conscience wouldn't allow it. Thanks again Obibob for giving me a range in values. Good reference to have in the future too.

Comment

• Obibob
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jul 27, 2007

No problem - glad to have helped.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡