Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drzaius1
    Residident of Camp Eleven
    • Aug 25, 2010

That Han Solo mock up looks the same as the adventure people paramedic/rescue dude. I think it is the
    same headsculpt. If I can find it i;ll post a pic.
    Domo Arigato, Mr. Mugato
    sigpic

Comment

• MicromanZone
      Banned
      • Apr 26, 2011

Originally posted by drzaius1
      That Han Solo mock up looks the same as the adventure people paramedic/rescue dude. I think it is the
      I found this. Looks very similar. Someone at Kenner would have had to cut the helmet off his head. If you check out the stuff over here, he seems to match the “Male Swimmer”, “Male Diver” and “Male Outdoorsman” figures. Also, why do all of those Adventure People have that weird arm configuration: Left arm slightly bent and right arm straight to the side.

Last edited by MicromanZone; May 1, '11, 2:47 AM.

Comment

• toiletmonkey
        Museum Super Collector
        • Apr 28, 2010

I think thier hands are made that way for when they are in a vehicle left hand on the top of the wheel and the right on the stick shift? the hands were perfect for that and they always looked cool behind the wheel. it's funny that firefighter in your pic,thats the first real action figure i ever had. he came with an ambulance and a nurse really cool set!

tm
        Think of what you want to be...Then call on me.
        -Action Jackson

Comment

• generic
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by drzaius1
          I'm pretty sure that Han Solo is made from the "Brad" figure (aka "the Camper / Explorer" or "Male Outdoorsman"). However, I'm not 100% sure because I didn't think this figure came out until 1977.

Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• generic
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 25, 2009

[QUOTE=MicromanZone;733429]I found this. Looks very similar. Someone at Kenner would have had to cut the helmet off his head.QUOTE]

This was one of the most standard bodies used for the early figures in the Adventure People line. I think this was the body used for Obi Wan, but I'm not sure if there was a figure with this body and the bearded head, so it's possible that the Obi Wan figure was a combination of this body (which would come with so many different figures that it is likely one of the ones that they had on hand) and a different head.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Didn't know about them using the Adventure People as prototypes for the first batch of SW figures. I knew they used one as Luke in his X-Wing Pilot gear.

Comment

• MicromanZone
                Banned
                • Apr 26, 2011

Originally posted by generic
                Originally posted by MicromanZone
                I found this. Looks very similar. Someone at Kenner would have had to cut the helmet off his head.
                This was one of the most standard bodies used for the early figures in the Adventure People line. I think this was the body used for Obi Wan, but I'm not sure if there was a figure with this body and the bearded head, so it's possible that the Obi Wan figure was a combination of this body (which would come with so many different figures that it is likely one of the ones that they had on hand) and a different head.
                Could be the “Male Mountain Climber”:

Comment

• generic
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by MicromanZone
                  That's exactly what I originally thought! But "Red" has boots, a ribbed band at the bottom of his jacket and the jacket overlaps a bit rather than zipping right up the middle. Obi Wan is on the other body with the pants legs going all the way down to the feet and the jumpsuit / belt body with a slight bit of undershirt showing. You can't really see the belt part very well in this photo, but there are other photos of Obi Wan where you can see it better.

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

>"Red" has boots

True; but the bottom of Obi-Wan's legs look puttied up to me.

Don C.

Comment

• generic
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by ctc
                      >"Red" has boots

True; but the bottom of Obi-Wan's legs look puttied up to me.

Don C.
                      That could be, but I think it might just be paint that isn't smooth. The legs look pretty much identical to the jumpsuit body. When you consider that the belt and the shirt match the jumpsuit body also, I'm betting that was the body used, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• boynightwing
                        That Carl Guy
                        • Apr 24, 2002

Could the Batman figures from Ideal (1966) be considered? They're not posable but they are about 4 inches tall. I got the Batman one a few summers ago at a flea market.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎