X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • generic
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by Fire Marshal Bill
    Here was an in between design pic from earlier that i haven't posted yet. It shows a different idea with the Series # - Year information. How do ya'll think this would look? Keeping in mind the overall design and colors have changed somewhat. Just basically talking about the yellow rounded rectangle with the text in black part of the card.
    Ok, I may be taking this WAY too seriously, but I just love the Super Powers line and since you were asking for opinions... .

I downloaded your three card designs and opened all three at the same time so that I could compare them. Then I got out my carded Super Powers figures to look at the color blue on the cards. I realize that each person's monitor is set up differently, so I'm looking at the color blue of the card in relation to the Superman figures on the cards.

My brightest, series one Super Powers cards (and my duel language, wide Canadian cards) actually come pretty darn close to matching the blue of Superman's costume - much like your FIRST card designs. My narrow, Canadian gas station promotion Super Powers cards (and some of my cards that have faded a bit) have more yellow in the blue - much as your LAST card design (the one without the Superman figure pictured on the card). So it seems to me that you might be matching the blue of the narrow, Canadian cards (or a faded American card) rather than the original series one cards.

As for the series info at the bottom, I like the design of the yellow bubble with black text, but the yellow text without the bubble is easier to read. That might not be the case once the cards are printed, but on my monitor the yellow text without the bubble is easier to read.

P.S. Can you tell that I'm excited about these cards coming out?!?!?!
    Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
      Career Member
      • Jul 25, 2010

Originally posted by generic
      My brightest, series one Super Powers cards (and my duel language, wide Canadian cards) actually come pretty darn close to matching the blue of Superman's costume - much like your FIRST card designs. My narrow, Canadian gas station promotion Super Powers cards (and some of my cards that have faded a bit) have more yellow in the blue - much as your LAST card design (the one without the Superman figure pictured on the card). So it seems to me that you might be matching the blue of the narrow, Canadian cards (or a faded American card) rather than the original series one cards.
      You know, you're right! I pulled out the three carded figures i have and the Canadian gas station carded ones i have..... and the last design matches the Canadian gas station cards great.... but that's not what i want. My regular carded figures have 3 different shades of blue, and the one with the nicest card matches the blue of my previous design. As i said before, i liked that shade of blue better anyway...... .so it's going back to that .

I enjoy messing with this stuff..... but my OCD and perfectionism gets the best of me sometimes. It's extra hard seeing as how i'm having to learn a new program at the same time. Every time i open it up to start "finishing" something..... i find something else to tweak. I have a couple things i need to do that i feel will increase the overall looks of the card.... but rest assured, noone is more ready to get this first one back from the printer than me at this point .

I still need to:

Somehow get "collection" added to the logo. I think i got this, but i'll need to see how it comes out first to know if i nailed it or not.

Re-take Superman pics at high resolution...... again. Apparently my step-daughter doesn't know how to use her new camera all that well . I am going over to her house again today to have her husband re-take the pics for me.

Redo the trading card back at 600 dpi. This shouldn't be a problem since it's mostly text.
      Vintage Toy Rescue
      1614-B N State Hwy 161
      Grand Prairie, TX 75050
      (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• generic
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 25, 2009

You know, you're right!...As i said before, i liked that shade of blue better anyway...... .so it's going back to that .
        Cool! I like that shade of blue better too, so I'm happy to hear it (even though either shade of blue would have been fine with me! )

.... but rest assured, noone is more ready to get this first one back from the printer than me at this point .
        I believe it! But I just might be a close second!
        Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Richard J. Fowlks
          repeat offender
          • Feb 10, 2010

Dibs on third!

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
            Career Member
            • Jul 25, 2010

Front of the card has been redone at 600dpi . You can view this bad boy at almost 1600% and it still doesn't look very grainy.... just a little on the image of Superman. Forget mini-posters...... anyone want a real poster of it . I'm kidding...... maybe .

I took new pics of Superman with my step daughter's Nikon camera at a lot higher resolution than i had before, got him cropped out, sized and dropped in.

I cropped out the banner part of the logo with the word "Collection" in it from another pic Rich reworked. I got it upsized, cleaned up and dropped in.... and it looks great!

Now all i need to do is the back of the trading card at 600dpi, which thankfully is a lot simpler, and it's off to the printer.... for real this time .
            Vintage Toy Rescue
            1614-B N State Hwy 161
            Grand Prairie, TX 75050
            (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Type Two
              Career Member
              • Sep 20, 2010

For reals! Great job, Bill. Really looking forward to getting these.
              Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                Career Member
                • Jul 25, 2010

The back of the card is complete at 600dpi . Going to give it a final "once over" tonight and then it's off to the printer.

I was mistaken yesterday when i typed that it was not grainy at 1600%.... should be more like 300% . I've been messing with the card so much at 1600% that it was stuck in my mind. Nevertheless... it's gonna look great. Thanks again for all the help everyone.
                Vintage Toy Rescue
                1614-B N State Hwy 161
                Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Richard J. Fowlks
                  repeat offender
                  • Feb 10, 2010

Awesome!!! Can't wait!

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 25, 2010

Okay, whoever is keeping up with the Toy Card Wiki site..... this is what's being printed! I finally got tired of tweaking them, my perfectionism and OCD wouldn't have ever allowed them to be done . There is a couple little things that i'm not 100% happy with, but like i said.... this one is DONE. I may fiddle around a little more with the design on the next card, we'll see . Disregard the black border around the back of the card, i just put it in there so it would show up better here .

Vintage Toy Rescue
                    1614-B N State Hwy 161
                    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                    (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

I think I'm going to have to collect these. Looks awesome!
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Obibob
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jul 27, 2007

This really looks sharp Bill (I kind of like the black border on the back even though it won't be printed that way)

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 25, 2010

Just got an email that they have shipped . Hopefully i will have them in hand by the weekend!
                          Vintage Toy Rescue
                          1614-B N State Hwy 161
                          Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                          (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• boynightwing
                            That Carl Guy
                            • Apr 24, 2002

Are you selling these or is there a sign up sheet for those who wish to collect them?

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 25, 2010

Originally posted by boynightwing
                              Are you selling these or is there a sign up sheet for those who wish to collect them?
                              No, these are definitely NOT FOR SALE. They are to be given away and traded to anyone and everyone who wants one, just like we do all the other cards here in this forum. I will start a thread for requests when they arrive and i'm ready to start sending them out .
                              Vintage Toy Rescue
                              1614-B N State Hwy 161
                              Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                              (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• torgospizza
                                Theocrat of Pan Tang
                                • Aug 19, 2010

Can't wait--looks great! You fellow MM members never cease to impress me.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎