MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

Wow that looks fantastic Chad!

Comment

• mego73
      Printed paperboard Tiger
      • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by noelani72
      Thanks Mike! Ohh my, you're braver than me...I'd never try to piece a box together, more less one this big lol
      What are the dimentions of the box?

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by mego73
        What are the dimentions of the box?
        My print is approx 32"x34". Ouch lol
        Trying to work in layers just pegged my pcs over the years....lost files from time to time....trouble making backup files....broke my darn backup files....grrrr, it has been years worth of work getting to this point.

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

My print is approx 32"x34". Ouch lol
          Trying to work in layers just pegged my pcs over the years....lost files from time to time....trouble making backup files....broke my darn backup files....grrrr, it has been years worth of work getting to this point.
          No, what are the dimensions of the box, is it under 19 inches tall?

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by mego73
            No, what are the dimensions of the box, is it under 19 inches tall?
            yeah. it's 19 3/4" tall, 7" wide with a depth of 8 1/4"

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

My usual printer paper is 13X19 and I also have 13" wide roll (for printing extra tall stuff, harder to use) so I could make it with the method I Usually use for large items like that, printing all the sides separately and then putting them together while mounting.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• TrueDave
                Toy Maker
                • Jan 12, 2008

Okay . . .
                Now shrink it to MEGO size!

I saw a Alien Predator 2 pack in TRU that had a Mego sized Alien.

Great Job on the box. Theres no way I could keep an Alien in the box if I had one.

LOVE the Harry Dean Stanton on the box.

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by TrueDave
                  Okay . . .
                  Now shrink it to MEGO size!

I saw a Alien Predator 2 pack in TRU that had a Mego sized Alien.

Great Job on the box. Theres no way I could keep an Alien in the box if I had one.

LOVE the Harry Dean Stanton on the box.
                  Hmmm...THAT could be done fairly easy....I'd like to have the actual figure in my hands to scale the box right.

Comment

• TrueDave
                    Toy Maker
                    • Jan 12, 2008

If I was into Photoshop the way I'm into hydrosopan I'd make a Micro Machine figure Alien box!

Comment

• geoffdude
                      Banned
                      • Apr 18, 2009

Are you PC based?

If you are Mac, then you should never had any problems losing art files. Sucks losing stuff like that.

BTW - Very, very nice repro box. For those interested, check out MEGO BUZZ for a similar thread on a repro Aquaman VS the Great White Shark repro box, and shark project. It's coming out quite nice too

*My box set was used as the base for the Shark repro box, and... ironically, I also have a MIB set of the Alien '79 set too.

Even though these repros may devalue the originals, some would say (not me), on some level, I love seeing the work, effort and results these projects produce.

Well done.

Regards,

Geoff

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by geoffdude
                        Are you PC based?

If you are Mac, then you should never had any problems losing art files. Sucks losing stuff like that.

BTW - Very, very nice repro box. For those interested, check out MEGO BUZZ for a similar thread on a repro Aquaman VS the Great White Shark repro box, and shark project. It's coming out quite nice too

*My box set was used as the base for the Shark repro box, and... ironically, I also have a MIB set of the Alien '79 set too.

Even though these repros may devalue the originals, some would say (not me), on some level, I love seeing the work, effort and results these projects produce.

Well done.

Regards,

Geoff
                        I'm PC based. I recently got a MacBook Pro with 8gb ram & i7 processor..ought to be fun putting it to the test.

I have followed that shark thread religiously and can't wait to see it done.

You have a MIB Alien too...I haaaave been looking for a scan of the 11x17 instruction sheet/poster

Comment

• geoffdude
                          Banned
                          • Apr 18, 2009

I'm PC based. I recently got a MacBook Pro with 8gb ram & i7 processor..ought to be fun putting it to the test.

I have followed that shark thread religiously and can't wait to see it done.

You have a MIB Alien too...I haaaave been looking for a scan of the 11x17 instruction sheet/poster
                          I'll see what I can do for you.

Regards,

Geoff

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

Received a couple prints today.
                            Wow, they look great. Couldn't be happier.
                            Hopefully I'll have some time this week to get one done.

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                              Career Member
                              • May 14, 2007

This really nice Chad. Your hard work is outstanding. You should be able to sell these easily. Great work!

I've made looks of custom boxes over the years. I'm PC based too and use CorelDRAW. Never lost any files. I've had to piece printed objects together in the past when I used a small printer. Today, when I print any of my boxart or decals I use a 50"+ wide format Roland VersaCamm vinly printer and cutter. Everything is one piece, peel and stick, and waterproof too. No spraying adhesive, no spraying a clearcoat, no print smudges from handling or worrying about fading. It's a joy to use!
                              Bob

Comment

• noelani72
                                27inaleon
                                • Jun 25, 2002

Between work & life; I was able to do a test assembly these past couple days.
                                *sigh*
                                Ya know, it would have been a lot easier to take the cheap way out, just use crap posterboard from Walmart....but I want to use brown. I will only use brown for a project like this as folks remember my quality is top notch.

Well, the material I bought is (IMO) too thick.

The box is sturdy as heck, has great weight to it, but folding was painful. It tore juuust a tad in a couple corners, but unless I scout new material, I cannot avoid it with what I have...and I do not want to just use posterboard. it's too cheap and flimsy.

The artwork didn't tear or crack on the folds as seen in the pics.
                                I did break out the old toolkit and rounded the cutout areas instead of hacking it with an exacto knife..

I seriously don't see myself doing many of these; what prints I have on hand are probably it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎