X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cptaction
    • Nov 15, 2007

Captain Action Meets Mego

Originally posted by Randy
    This is awesome for us old time CA collectors!! Welcome Joe, glad to see you here!!
    Thanks Randy! Glad to be here! We're very confident that Dave and Company at Castaway are gonna do this up right!

Justice Will Be Done!

Regards,
    Joe

Comment

• roman
      Persistent Member
      • Jan 25, 2003

So as we all sit patiently and wait (credit cards in hand) for this fascinating new line of 8" mego like goodness I have a question.

I looked at your site and I am seeing CA being done by Moonstone Books. The Phantom is in their line up as well. Might one take an inference from this that other Monstone propeties may be heade for an 8" rendering ?

Might we See ole Cap action as Zorro or Sherlock Homes in the future?

I think the lining upof any ocmic company is an incredible idea for both the doll maker and the publicict. If you can't go with DC or Marvel this looks like a posiible winner.

Rob
      Last edited by roman; Jan 1, '08, 5:21 PM.

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by roman
        So as we all sit patiently and wait (credit cards in hand) for this fascinating new line of 8" mego like goodness I have a question.

I looked at your site and I am seeing CA being done by Moonstone Books. The Phantom is in their line up as well. Might one take an inference from this that other Monstone propeties may be heade for an 8" rendering ?

Might we See ole Cap action as Zorro or Sherlock Homes in the future?

I think the lining upof any ocmic company is an incredible idea for both the doll maker and the publicict. If you can't go with DC or Marvel this looks like a posiible winner.

Rob

Comment

• Boywonder0
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
          I hope that this really materializes and that you are not playing with our feelings. This would be a dream come true! I really look forward to this line. I want them all! My VISA CC is salivating...

Can somebody link me to a web page containing additional info? Thanks in advance!

Happy 2008!

Boy

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Boywonder0
            I hope that this really materializes and that you are not playing with our feelings. This would be a dream come true! I really look forward to this line. I want them all! My VISA CC is salivating...

Can somebody link me to a web page containing additional info? Thanks in advance!

Happy 2008!

Boy
            Well Boy,
            It's true... we are making CA and Dr. Evil, as well as the Phantom. We have also approached MOONSTONE about both including their comics with the figures and also expanding to other MOONSTONE properties if the opportunity presents itself, and they are quite excited at the prospect. Our website is undergoing a huge renovation right now to get ramped up for the new figures and custom accessories we are currently manufacturing. Here is a link, from Awesome Lou M's MEGOLIKE.com, to the smaller projects we have done in the past.

http://www.megolike.com/castawaytys.htm

We won't have our site up for a a few weeks, until then this is the best place for Info. We will be posting prototypes and factory samples when we get them back... We are getting some awesome help from some very talented Museum members and are stoked beyond belief so far that this is going to become a long awaited reality.

So to sum up? It's true... how far we get depends on the success. We plan to give it all we have, we hope you guys will like it enough to keep it alive!

-Dave
            Last edited by David Lee; Jan 2, '08, 4:14 PM.

Comment

• bobbait
              What, me worry?
              • Jun 9, 2005

count me in for 101%, Dave!!
              sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Make a good 8" Mego-Style Figure Dave..."and They will come"!
                sigpic

Comment

• Action Martin
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 30, 2007

While an 8" Captain Action seems a little sacreligious to me, the idea of having an 8" Phantom is fantastic.
                  Scott

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
                    Well Boy,
                    It's true... we are making CA and Dr. Evil, as well as the Phantom. We have also approached MOONSTONE about both including their comics with the figures and also expanding to other MOONSTONE properties if the opportunity presents itself, and they are quite excited at the prospect. Our website is undergoing a huge renovation right now to get ramped up for the new figures and custom accessories we are currently manufacturing. Here is a link, from Awesome Lou M's MEGOLIKE.com, to the smaller projects we have done in the past.

http://www.megolike.com/castawaytys.htm

We won't have our site up for a a few weeks, until then this is the best place for Info. We will be posting prototypes and factory samples when we get them back... We are getting some awesome help from some very talented Museum members and are stoked beyond belief so far that this is going to become a long awaited reality.

So to sum up? It's true... how far we get depends on the success. We plan to give it all we have, we hope you guys will like it enough to keep it alive!

-Dave

GOD BLESS YOU!

Comment

• cptaction
                      • Nov 15, 2007

Originally posted by Action Martin
                      While an 8" Captain Action seems a little sacreligious to me, the idea of having an 8" Phantom is fantastic.
                      Not to Worry! We'll have some things in store for 12 inch classic Cap too!

Joe

CA Enterprises, Inc.

Comment

• Talos
                        • Nov 18, 2007

Chiming in for my first post here... Joe I was wondering if you can elaborate on plans for the items for the 12" figures.

I'm still a little fuzzy about differences between the original CA IDEAL figures and the PM versions. Weren't there some size changes? Will these new items suit both versions?

I'm really buzzed about the 8" versions too. I had Action Jackson, a pretty substantial range of the WGSH figures, all 4 monsters, and Dr Zaius, but they all went to a worthy cause, courtesy of my generous hearted Mother (bless her) who thought I'd 'outgrown' them. My original CA collection had already gone the same road, sadly.

The prospect of a new range of CA figures in Mego scale is very exciting, and maybe some Moonstone crossover (drooling at the thought of Buckaroo Banzai and Kolchak)!!!

I'm certainly looking forward to hearing about further developments and wish all concerned the very best with their endeavours.

Comment

• Action Martin
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 30, 2007

I was just thinking how cool it would be if we got Captain Action 12" Flash Gordon costumes that resembled Mego's Flash Gordon costumes. That would be cool.
                          Scott

Comment

• cptaction
                            • Nov 15, 2007

Originally posted by Talos
                            Chiming in for my first post here... Joe I was wondering if you can elaborate on plans for the items for the 12" figures.

Hello Talos! The answer is most definitely YES! We are looking into some different opportunities for 12 inch Cap.Beyond that, Our friends at Castaway Toys will be putting out CA customizing sets for both 8 inch and 12 inch Cap, so you can definitely count on that!
                            I'm still a little fuzzy about differences between the original CA IDEAL figures and the PM versions. Weren't there some size changes? Will these new items suit both versions?

The difference between Ideal Cap and PM cap are minimal as far as utilizing costumes and equipment are concerned. PM Cap is just slightly shorter in stature and his head is a bit smaller as well.
                            I'm really buzzed about the 8" versions too. I had Action Jackson, a pretty substantial range of the WGSH figures, all 4 monsters, and Dr Zaius, but they all went to a worthy cause, courtesy of my generous hearted Mother (bless her) who thought I'd 'outgrown' them. My original CA collection had already gone the same road, sadly.

The prospect of a new range of CA figures in Mego scale is very exciting, and maybe some Moonstone crossover (drooling at the thought of Buckaroo Banzai and Kolchak)!!!

Ya never know!! We will be doing a Phantom costuume for CA, so there's your first Moonstone crossover right there!

I'm certainly looking forward to hearing about further developments and wish all concerned the very best with their endeavours.
                            Thank you sir! Keep checking in here and at the captainactionnow.com website for new developments! Action Over & Out!
                            Joe

Comment

• Action Martin
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Action Martin
                              I was just thinking how cool it would be if we got Captain Action 12" Flash Gordon costumes that resembled Mego's Flash Gordon costumes. That would be cool.
                              Or even in the 8" scale.
                              Scott

Comment

• Randy
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 12, 2006

Bring them on Joe!!!!

Personally, I cant wait for these figures!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎