X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayhank
    That Fisher Price Guy
    • Feb 9, 2007

The Beatles - Little People Style

Here is a little people custom I did of the Fab Four that I wanted to show off! Hope you like it!

Paul, George, Ringo & John

I Wanna Hold Your Hand....(but we don't have any arms!)
    Last edited by grayhank; Nov 16, '07, 4:49 PM.
    Scott D Thompson | Facebook
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Oh too cool! Where's your yellow submarine for them to ride around in?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 28, 2007

Simple, yet perfect.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

LOL! those look awesome bro,really nice set
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
          Banned
          • Oct 17, 2007

cool. i did a series of KISS figures like that and I'm doing MASH and star wars ones now. then i'm doing them in weeble wobbles form..love those classics

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Very cool version of the Beatles, GH!

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• mitchedwards
              Mego Preservation Society
              • May 2, 2003

Very cool. Are you going to do a later version of them with the longer hair and beards?

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• grayhank
                That Fisher Price Guy
                • Feb 9, 2007

As much as I'd like to attempt the Sgt. Pepper or Yellow Submarine era Beatles, there are no parts (long hair, faces with beards, etc.) in the little people line to do that. My rule of thumb for customizing little people is only using actual parts made by Fisher Price and absolutely NO painting - LOL. I'm trying to keep things in the vintage style as if Fisher Price had actually made these figures.

The other interesting thing I am NOT doing with these figures is using glue! I am using the same style shank nail that fisher price originally used on their wood figures, which allows their heads to turn.

I just completed making a set of Christmas inspired characters: Santa, Mrs. Claus, Snowman, and a few elves. Other characters I am working on: The Scooby Doo Gang as kids and lots of various clowns.

My avatar pic used for my ID here is also one of my customs: Damian from the Omen!

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

>My avatar pic used for my ID here is also one of my customs: Damian from the Omen!

HAW! That's FANTASTIC!!!!

>My rule of thumb for customizing little people is only using actual parts made by Fisher Price and absolutely NO painting

Yeah, that's how it STARTS.... next thing you know you've picked up a mini-lathe and have a closet full of little wooden beads. Epoxy putty for hair, some odds and ends....

Don C.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                    Career Member
                    • May 14, 2007

Those are awesome
                    Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

These are really neat !!!
                      I think the only thing I would do is give Paul his characteristic arch shaped eyebrows (to differentiate him a bit more from George).

Nice work

m
                      Last edited by Mikey; Nov 18, '07, 2:16 PM.

Comment

• grayhank
                        That Fisher Price Guy
                        • Feb 9, 2007

Paul & George do look a little alike but there are two things that stand out to set them apart in my figures.

1: Paul & George each have different hairstyles. Paul has a very neat somewhat parted hairstyle while George has the more messed up style. Paul was always the well groomed one of the four. Historically it is believed that George was the one who actually came up with the shaggy "mop top" look. FUN FACT: During a press conference interview a reporter asked George "What do you call that hairstyle?" George simply replied "Arthur". This was later incorporated into a scene in "A Hard Day's Night".

2: Paul has the bigger "dreamy" eyes to identify him as "the cute one" (as most of the female fans called him) while George has the smaller "squinty" eyes akin to someone who preferred to remain somewhat in the shadows ("the quiet one").

So all 4 have different faces with 2 different hairstyles (John & Paul have one style and George & Ringo have the other). My only real complaint with my figures is having John ("the smart one") identified with his glasses. In the early days he kept the fact that he wore glasses private (along with his first marraige!) But since he is well known for his round shaped glasses, I portrayed this in my figure. Ringo of course has always been identified as "the funny looking one" with a big nose so that's my reasoning for his head.

But in all honesty, unless someone is a huge Beatles fan, most people could not tell them apart in the early days. I can still to this day show people pictures of the Beatles and they can't tell me which one is which.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎