X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Y'know... I can recall a bunch of different water games when I was a kid. I guess they were pretty popular. (Mid 70's toystores were FULL of tranlucent plastic and chrome.)

*snicker* Woodies....

Don C.

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
      Museum Chaplain
      • Nov 26, 2002

Originally posted by Evel KMego
      Can anyone tell me or does anyone have an example of the Mego Bigfoot game? I 've seen the commercial and ads for it but never seen one. If it ever got produced I want one bad!!!!
      I don't think I've ever seen the bigfoot game...would make sense I guess though....big foot was popular then.....he was in the Six Million Dollar Man, etc.
      "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

That's cool stuff Dan. You're like the king of oddball Mego stuff. Thanks for posting the pics, really gives an insight to some of the other things they were doing.

Comment

• Flynne
          Permanent Member
          • Jan 22, 2003

Dan - a sincere thank you for posting pics of this kind of stuff. I've love the oddball pieces ever since I found my own Dashee the Dachshund, and I've never before seen even half the pieces you have posted. Bravo, sir!
          An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Mr Mego
            Love to play with Megos
            • Oct 19, 2003

Whoa, that's great stuff you found them that I have never seen those before!

I remember I had like that Pops Jumpin' Popcorn Machine, my brother and I made Popcorns and watched TV when we were kid. Also, I remember that Water Game I had it in the mild '70s. My brother and I had great fun with Water Game!

Thanks Dan for all WONDERFUL Mego toys stuff I ever seen!!!!!
            Last edited by Mr Mego; Nov 18, '07, 12:56 AM.
            Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• imp
              Mego Book Author
              • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by saildog
              Wow! It is great to see all of this stuff. Anyone own a Ball Buster set? That commercial is priceless and I haven't figured out how they got that on the air.
              I actually own a MIB Ball Buster, and it really is mind-boggling that Mego got away with that. Here it is:

Benjamin

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
                Museum Chaplain
                • Nov 26, 2002

Wow! Now THAT is worth owning! LOL....what a great item. Any idea who at Mego gets credit for this one?
                "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
                  Career Member
                  • May 14, 2007

Hey Dan thanks for posting these pics. Do you have any more info on the Jet Garage? Any idea where I could find one or pricing? I had one as a kid and would really like to get another.

Bob

Originally posted by SUPERUNDERDOGGIE

Comment

• dumbldor
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 9, 2002

Hey Danny Boy,

I have never seen this Wee Woodys product:

1972 MEGO CORP- PRESCHOOL WOODY'S- JR. BARBELL - BOXED - (eBay item 120199933085 end time Dec-25-07 01:45:06 PST)

Comment

• toppercat
                      • Jan 11, 2015

Originally posted by SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
                      Look at these other Sliksilver Games...I don't think they ever made any of them, but they must have thought this was gonna be big.

Also...this game is wild (I opened it up)....somehow it turns cool water into "Sliksilver"? I haven't tried it but look at these instructions....is there some kind of chemical on this that would do that? Someone may be able to pull the patent and find out.

Here's a shot of the game itself...its dry by the way...you add the water (Cool black and gold Mego logo). I don't know what was in the little Mego Logo'd squeezie bottle but its kind of cool to see a Mego logo item I've never seen before. I can imagine finding this and saying "What the heck does that go to?" Now we know!

I used to have one of the larger ones. I always wanted the "Apple Tree". And a friend of mine had the "Citadel". These were available. Although I only saw the commercials for the smaller games and saw those in the stores. I never saw the larger games. I wonder where my grandma bought three for me and my cousins. hmmm. I am certain it is some kind of hydrophobic coating. Maybe teflon based. I do know that it wore off after a while rendering the game useless. Mine lasted one summer.

Comment

• Drzsmith
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 9, 2011

Antique Car,as a kid we played with this thing for years and years loved it by the end it was pretty whipped.After my grandparents passed away we found a mib one hidden away.Very cool.

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

Great thread, always wondered about all the stuff Mego made before dolls

Comment

• wilbs518
                            Mego Collector
                            • Jul 25, 2009

Great pics! Thanks.
                            sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

I have the Yearn to Learn game now. I'm pretty I had the see-thru train as a kid.

Game wing still on schedule.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

For the longest time,I didn't know Mego made the Pulsonic Baseball game. I had one that I got at a yard sale back when I was in junior high. The cover for where you pitch the ball was removed and that's where the company logo was.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎