• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidb
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 9, 2007

Originally posted by SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
    Mini Bus

I found this very interesting. It appears to be a nearly-direct knockoff of the Fisher Price Little People. Fisher Price also offered a minibus:

The figures even look exactly like the Little People.

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

Thanks so much for posting these Dan. I knew Mego made some odd ball stuff pre heroes but I had no idea the toys were so cool. Love that heroes shipping box!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I for one would like to see any and all Mego toys featured here. Obviously, most folks here don't care for Cher as much as WGSH, Trek or POTA, and going into the level of exhaustive detail that those galleries have here isn't necessary, but it would be neat to see as many odd Mego items as we can.

Thanks to Dan and Rob!

chris
        sigpic

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
          Museum Chaplain
          • Nov 26, 2002

Here are a few more......

Obsession: Shrinkwrapped...and it doesn't look interesting enough to open.

Another Wee Woody....I can almost here the dialogue..."What do we do next? I dunno...lets just do a wagon full of blocks."

Guys, you know 2-XL.....2-XL...these are the guys.

Sliksilver: Highly toxic Mercury and fetid Water not included.....no wait, they are! I should really open this box...believe it or not I never have.

"God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

• saildog
            Permanent Member
            • Apr 9, 2006

Wow! It is great to see all of this stuff. I remember a fair bit of it, but never did I make a connection to Mego. I still have my Pulsonic Baseball and it's only been in the last year that I became aware that it was a Mego product. As far as I knew, Mego had only been associated with action figures.

Anyone own a Ball Buster set? That commercial is priceless and I haven't figured out how they got that on the air.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Really ?

Mego made "Obsession" ?

I never knew that.

Obsession had a TV commercial jingle that still sticks in my head 'till today.

A shame, I can't find it on youtube to share.

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

Thanks Dan. Great pics. I have a few things I can contribute like more of the games (Sixth Sense, Them Bones, Montezuma and a couple of others), a different Dyna-Mites construction set and several of the Dominos sets. Brian and I have talked before about the games gallery and it's my fault it hasn't happened. All my mego games are stored away (but that is about to change ) Gotta find me that Ball Busters game though...
                Last edited by ScottA; Nov 16, '07, 2:02 PM.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Fascinating stuff! I never knew they made these oddball items...some of them are pretty interesting. And the packaging rocks!
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
                    Museum Chaplain
                    • Nov 26, 2002

Look at these other Sliksilver Games...I don't think they ever made any of them, but they must have thought this was gonna be big.

Also...this game is wild (I opened it up)....somehow it turns cool water into "Sliksilver"? I haven't tried it but look at these instructions....is there some kind of chemical on this that would do that? Someone may be able to pull the patent and find out.

Here's a shot of the game itself...its dry by the way...you add the water (Cool black and gold Mego logo). I don't know what was in the little Mego Logo'd squeezie bottle but its kind of cool to see a Mego logo item I've never seen before. I can imagine finding this and saying "What the heck does that go to?" Now we know!

"God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
                      Museum Chaplain
                      • Nov 26, 2002

Whoa!!! I just found this.....watch this long enough and there is a Mego Slik Silver Commercial in it.....crazy!! YouTube - WTCG 1978 Classic Commercials

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

We used to have the Obsession game. Actually it was quite fun, my sister and I played it a lot. In recent years, I raided my parents' "game closet" trying to find it, but had no luck. They must have ended up selling it at a yard sale or something. Oh well, I remember the box being in really bad condition anyway.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Speaking of the Obsession game....
                          On my last reply, I made a mistake saying it had a catchie TV jingle.
                          I think I mixed that jingle up with the PERFECTION jingle.

Comment

• Evel KMego
                            Museum Daredevil
                            • Apr 26, 2006

Can anyone tell me or does anyone have an example of the Mego Bigfoot game? I 've seen the commercial and ads for it but never seen one. If it ever got produced I want one bad!!!!

Comment

• MegoGeek
                              From The Black Lagoon
                              • Jun 27, 2001

Originally posted by type1kirk
                              Speaking of the Obsession game....
                              On my last reply, I made a mistake saying it had a catchie TV jingle.
                              I think I mixed that jingle up with the PERFECTION jingle.
                              In Perfection, you gotta move real fast move, move real fast

before the pieces pop out before you put in the last.

And that's Perfection.
                              Last edited by MegoGeek; Nov 17, '07, 12:45 AM.
                              ______
                              ChArLiE

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by MegoGeek
                                In Perfection, you gotta move real fast move, move real fast

before the pieces pop out before you put in the last.

And that's Perfection.
                                That's it

m

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎