Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
    Museum Chaplain
    • Nov 26, 2002

Close ups of some Megos you don't see everyday....and probably don't want to

I collect odd ball mego stuff and have a decent amount of it. I just think its cool. For some reason I don't go back into the 50's...but I collect stuff that was out during the same era or slightly before the WGSH.....maybe it gives me a better feel for the whole company? I dunno...but I like it...so here are some pics of some of my oddball Megos.

Firetruck: I love the art on this thing....prolly my favorite item

Antique Car: You see these every now and then...maybe someone found a few cases? I dunno

"Pop" The Popcorn Machine: Good 'ol Pops...one of my first oddball Mego items

Play a Tune Piano: At least my kids like it....

Mego Jet Garage: Another favorite...love this thing

Mego Guerilla Gun: Attaaaaack!!!

Frantic Freeway: The name is self explanatory

Mego Steamroller: Its see through! How innovative for that time

Teach a Toy: If you can tell me what this does I'll give you five bucks. No kidding...FIVE BUCKS!!! :-)

Mini Bus

Iron Man Mail Order Box: This actually may interest some of you...pretty cool!

Yearn to Learn: I think this is Neal Kublan's kids or Ken Abrams and his sister on this package....not sure but I know its one of them

Wee Woody's....Neal Kublan's favorite Megos besides 2XL

WGSH Carded Shipping Case: This will be in World's Greatest Toys (thanks Ben)....This was part of my Mego Return Dept. find....only one in the world...that we know about anyway

"God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Neat stuff Dan, I've never seen some of it before. The Fire Truck caught my eye in your toy room photos, I didn't even know it was Mego! You're right, it
    s great packaging, probably better than the toy inside.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Dude that's a great collection ,I'd love to have all that stuff
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
        Museum Chaplain
        • Nov 26, 2002

Here are some more.....

Princess Travel Case: For that little girl in all of us....I wonder how many kids lost appendages when this stuff ate through their fingers?

Rollover Rover: You see these alot. I have two of them...why? There is no why...there is only "do".

Dashee: Rollover's cousin without the acid. (that makes him dizzy..hence the rolling over...get it?...sigh) Regardless...I think if his outfit is any indication he "plays for the other team" if you know what I mean....;-)

Bearded AJ Shipping Case: Rare? I dunno...friend gave it to me instead of throwing it out

Pulsonic Baseball: Look at those yellow text graphics pop...must have been great on the store shelves...not!...who let that out of creative?

Dynamite City: You see this a lot too prolly...kinda cool since it was at a garage sale less than a mile from my house...you gotta buy megos at garage sales in your neighborhood...its a rule.

Pulsonic Golf: Note the new graphics after they fired the guy that did Pulsonic Baseball...just kidding...total conjecture...:-)

Mice Hockey: This rocks.

MagnaDoodle: I think that Fisher Price still makes this...this was Neal Kublan's baby...note that it is DELUXE Magnadoodle...not to be confused with regular Magnadoodle....just kidding...this is a first release...gotta love the marketing angle though.

Mini Vid Breakfree: Nothing to add...cool game..3 in 1

King Kong Model: World Trade Center towers...these are pretty common

Panic Button: Actually a pretty fun game

Mego Puppet Love Theater: This was actually a buyer's sample...they did the figures in the spring and playsets in the fall...the figures sucked so they never released the playset. This is one of two known to exist out of about 60 made according to Neal and Marty....I own them both and they are absolutely worthless from a financial point of view...lol. The interesting thing is that this one is autographed by both Neal and Marty at MegoCon in NYC.

Last edited by SUPERUNDERDOGGIE; Nov 15, '07, 4:10 PM.
        "God has put definite limits on the heights of man's wisdom, but no limits to the depths of his stupidity"

Comment

• sauce
          Removed
          • Jun 24, 2007

This is really fun! Thanks a lot for sharing! Mice Hockey!? Nutso idea!!

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Great pics, I love finding out about the more "unknown" Mego stuff like that. That's a very nice, unique collection. It might be a neat idea to have a little appendix or something in the Museum galleries that features pics and descriptions of all this non-action figure stuff, just to give the Museum a more rounded view of Mego and it's products as a whole. I don't know how many would be interested in it, but I think it would be great for "historical purposes"

Comment

• sauce
              Removed
              • Jun 24, 2007

I concur, cjefferys! Although, I have pretty much nothing to do with making that decision. . . .

Comment

• imp
                Mego Book Author
                • Apr 20, 2003

Dan,

Can you provide a detail shot of the logo in the lower right corner of the "Mego Guerilla Gun" box? Looks interesting!

Also, FYI, that's not an Iron Man Mailer box pictured in your first post; it's actually a Robin Mailer box. To my knowledge, no one has ever located such a box for Iron Man, who was only available through Heroes World (insofar as Mail Order goes). No major U.S. retailers (Ward, Sears, etc.) ever offered Iron Man. Sadly, Not once!

Benjamin

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
                  ... odd ball mego stuff...
                  Well, you weren't kidding about that

Strange how Mego calls themselves Mighty Mego on that Guerrilla game
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
                    Museum Chaplain
                    • Nov 26, 2002

Originally posted by imp
                    Dan,

Can you provide a detail shot of the logo in the lower right corner of the "Mego Guerilla Gun" box? Looks interesting!

Also, FYI, that's not an Iron Man Mailer box pictured in your first post; it's actually a Robin Mailer box. To my knowledge, no one has ever located such a box for Iron Man, who was only available through Heroes World (insofar as Mail Order goes). No major U.S. retailers (Ward, Sears, etc.) ever offered Iron Man. Sadly, Not once!

Benjamin

Hmmm....are you sure about the box? I could have sworn I matched that up to one of the Catalogs.....is it possible the "MO" changes the designation? I know 51302 is Robin but somehow I thought I saw Iron Man as 51302-MO....my apologies if I am incorrect.

I'll get a pic of the Guerilla gun.

Comment

• imp
                      Mego Book Author
                      • Apr 20, 2003

Hmmm....are you sure about the box? I could have sworn I matched that up to one of the Catalogs.....is it possible the "MO" changes the designation? I know 51302 is Robin but somehow I thought I saw Iron Man as 51302-MO....my apologies if I am incorrect.
                      Well, I'm pretty sure. Prior to 1975, Robin's item number was 1302 (i.e. without the "5" prefix) and your box printing matches the generic "Mego" Mail Order boxes. In fact, U.S. retailers typically printed and/orattached their own Item Code to the figures they offered; usually absurdly long, alpha-numerics, such as:

48 G 24561*

I'm guessing the "MO" simply means "Mail Order," but who knows?

I sure wish it were an Iron Man Mail Order box… I've been looking for one for years now.

*Big props to anyone who can identify that actual Item Code from 1976!

I'll get a pic of the Guerilla gun.
                      Cool. I'm presuming that wasn't actually made by 'our' Mego, so I'd love to see the logo (manufacturer logo?).

Benjamin

Comment

• starsky
                        veteran member
                        • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by imp
                        Well, I'm pretty sure. Prior to 1975, Robin's item number was 1302 (i.e. without the "5" prefix) and your box printing matches the generic "Mego" Mail Order boxes. In fact, U.S. retailers typically printed and/orattached their own Item Code to the figures they offered; usually absurdly long, alpha-numerics, such as:

48 G 24561*

I'm guessing the "MO" simply means "Mail Order," but who knows?

I sure wish it were an Iron Man Mail Order box… I've been looking for one for years now.

*Big props to anyone who can identify that actual Item Code from 1976!

Cool. I'm presuming that wasn't actually made by 'our' Mego, so I'd love to see the logo (manufacturer logo?).

Benjamin
                        ok- you guys are starting to scare me with your mego mail order knowledge!!

Comment

• SUPERUNDERDOGGIE
                          Museum Chaplain
                          • Nov 26, 2002

Here you go Benjamin.....I always took this as a 1950's Mego item when they did a lot of stuff oversees with other companies and before they really established the brand. I'm interested to know your thoughts. (note if you look close the trademark is on the gun itself too) By the way...this same company made the "MEGO MAN" Mechanical Robot also.

While we're at it though....here a photo of some real Megos! Speedburners!!!!

Last edited by SUPERUNDERDOGGIE; Nov 15, '07, 8:44 PM.

Comment

• mitchedwards
                            Mego Preservation Society
                            • May 2, 2003

Nice pics. Its cool to see the other products Mego made.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• mego boy CA
                              megos are FUN!!
                              • Mar 30, 2006

that's some cool looking mego toys.
                              sigpic
                              "To The Batmobile!"
                              "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰