X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1978 Mattel Shogun Warriors Catalog

Today's Friday feature puts us in 1978 and the Mattel Shgoun Warriors line is in full swing with new additions such as the king of all monsters Godzilla! Which in terms of additions to teams, is pretty spectacular.

It's a Jumbo Machinder goodtime with the 1978 Mattel Shogun Warriors Catalog.

More Shogun Warriors

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • pepi
    • Jan 9, 2009

THose little guys are pretty cool...don't really remember them, guess the big guys kind of stole a bit of their thunder.

Comment

• wilbs518
      Mego Collector
      • Jul 25, 2009

I love the smaller Shoguns and the vehicles! Especially the Varitank. I had all of them!
      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

The only Shogun I ever had was Poseidon too, but I can't recall the scale. I think he was the 5' one. I got him years later at a yard sale. In the midst of all of the Transformers craze going on, he was like a cool, non-transformable throwback. I had no idea what he ever was for years.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

I had 24" Mazinga and 5" Mazinga. Sold them mint, complete, and perfect to my cousins in a yard sale. Nothing but fond memories. The 5" fought my small collection of Micronauts, and the 24" was constantly battling my WGSH. I can't explain why I haven't gotten around to replacing them yet.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

I love these guys so much. As a kid, I got the 24" Mazinga, Godzilla and Gaiking, and the 3" Combattra, Dragun and Poseidon (I still have them all except Poseidon). I think that as a testament to the classic, fantastic design of these robots and the toys themselves, that although North American kids had no idea who these characters were, they still wanted to buy and play with these. The only negative was Mattel severely dumbing down the later 24" ones (Gaiking and Daimos particularly are mere shadows of the original Popy versions). But we didn't find out that we got a little bit ripped off until years later.
            Last edited by cjefferys; Apr 8, '11, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by pepi
              THose little guys are pretty cool...don't really remember them, guess the big guys kind of stole a bit of their thunder.
              Though not as fun (dangerous) as their big brothers, these little guys are still nice pieces to collect.

Quite a shocker that the 3" Warriors can't use the same accessories as the 23 1/2" ones.
              You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• jquest
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 19, 2007

Loved these when they came out!! Still have a few of them left!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

Cool. Still have my Grandizer. He was the only one I ever had. Still remember getting him from Zellers.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• tomstoyz2
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2, 2007

I had that metal figure of the "Red Guy with the spikes on his head", ha!
                    I didn't know they made those vehicles, thanks for the info.
                    CHECK OUT THE NEW BAT-BLOG!
                    BAT-BLOG : BATMAN TOYS and COLLECTIBLES

Facebook Member? ADD ME!
                    Facebook: Bat-Blog!

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 27, 2009

Loved the Shogun Warriors. Much better than Transformers.
                      If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎