• Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

I love all things spider-man, but this is my most prized piece:

Comment

• zorro
      Resident member
      • Nov 3, 2007

I have one here as well, it came from my grandfathers house. It is made of real thin plastic and lays marbles as eggs. Neat

Originally posted by Merlyn1976

My grandmother used to live upstairs in my parents house...I would sneak up in the middle of the night and crawl into bed with her when I was very little...Each morning while she cooked me breakfast I can remember playing with this marble laying chicken...

I came by it when she passed away...

If anyone knows anything about this thing I'd love to know...been looking for info for years...

Push down on the body and he "lays" marbles...the wings flap up when you push down...

I have a white one with blue wings as well so I know they come in different colors...

He appears to be bakelite but I won't swear to it...

He has no markings whatsoever...
      Website for rare and exciting figures for the 1950s to present, now featuring MANY Action Figure Protective Clamshell cases -- ZoloWorld.com

Find us on facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/ZoloWorldcom/180282916241

Check out REALM OF THE UNDERWORLD 5 3/4" Retro Action Figure Fantasy Series.
      http://www.underworldfigures.com

Comment

• highquality
        #1 Super Guy
        • Jun 10, 2003

Originally posted by Megospidey

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9638/img2454tc5.jpg
        Oooh!! Me likey, Derek. That certainly is a prize.

I often thought of picking up a few Golden Age Batman in lesser condition.
        WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• theantiquetiger
          Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
          • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by Megospidey

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9638/img2454tc5.jpg
          Even though this is not a contest, I think we have the winner!!!!

That thing is sweet, I would be very proud to own that!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• kennermike
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 4, 2007

prized possesion

I guess it would be my Double Trouble BIg Jim commander mint in box that used to belong to a former mattel employee the box has a sticker on it that says QC control dated august 1976 apparantly this guy never made it to the shelfs as soon as can post a picture i will

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
              Banned
              • Oct 17, 2007

I have many peice I value for worth but i hav a short story of a series of toys I cherish.

If you live in alabama you know of a flea market called " LACON" . it's a true junk flea market and not the walmart ones of today. I'm 37 now and as long as I can remember my father and I would go to this flea market every Sunday. Even when I went to college i would come home once a month to head to this flea market.
              It took about 20 minutes from decatur to get there so it was always a fun time to talk to dad. One Sunday we went to the flea market ( this was in the mid 80's i would guess) and there was a lady who had a tale full of action figures all carded. She had all of the original 12 SW, clash of the titans and indiana jones figures as well. she even had some empire and other random toys . I even remember MEGOs as well. It looked like a toy show.
              I was scared to ask the prices , but my dad did. She said all the figures where a 1.00 a piece and a couple of boxed toys where 2.00. that day we spent about 40.00 on 40 toys and past on MEGO's and some other items I know. I remember when times where tough at college I sold my marion ravenwood carded figure for 350.00 because they were all perfect. I still have all the rest and will never sell them or part with them.
              The memory of my late father buying those for me is what keeps me going sometimes when i pay for three storage buildings or inventory my collection. It was something he loved me to do, and today I do it for him , myself and my three year old son.
              for me it's the stories and memories attached to the toys that are the worth.

Comment

• kennermike
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 4, 2007

Now that's a great story. you should post some pictures.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                  Pat Troughton in disguise
                  • Nov 21, 2007

Tough one........I think collectable wise it would proberbly be autographs (mainly Star Wars...but a smattering of everybody from everything)and Fantastic four no 1 comic, toy wise i dont know..maybe my 3 fx replica lightsabers although they aren't very old.
                  Again its not a toy but I do have one of the perspex stars with Star Wars engraved on it that was given out by George Lucas to people that worked on the original film...i'm pretty damn proud of that.
                  ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
                    Banned
                    • Oct 17, 2007

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                    Tough one........I think collectable wise it would proberbly be autographs (mainly Star Wars...but a smattering of everybody from everything)and Fantastic four no 1 comic, toy wise i dont know..maybe my 3 fx replica lightsabers although they aren't very old.
                    Again its not a toy but I do have one of the perspex stars with Star Wars engraved on it that was given out by George Lucas to people that worked on the original film...i'm pretty damn proud of that.
                    and your in the best area for Star Wars conventions and autographs . I am always sending to your area for star wars autographs..lol good luck with your collection.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                      Pat Troughton in disguise
                      • Nov 21, 2007

Thats always the best reason for any collectable...the memories that come with it...no matter what the object is.
                      i still have the pg tips cards and albums (given away with tea leaves), they were introduced to me by my late grandfather and we used to collect and swap them for years.
                      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• UOBob
                        Mostly Harmless
                        • Jul 18, 2006

I don't think either of these are "worth" very much, but other than me Megos, I get the most jazzed about these guys!

мое судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎