X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

Your Prized Piece???

I know there have been threads about what would you grab if you could grab one piece, etc. Alot of people have said this piece or that because it was their's when they were a kid, etc. I just want to see some pics of your prized piece(s), not because it has a sentimental story behind it, or is the most expensive. I just want to hear, "I cannot believe I own this piece!"

This is in the Classic Toys section, so anything goes, not just Megos.

Here is my #1 piece:

the 1950's Tonka fire truck:

Close seconds:

1950's Davy Crockett outfit w/ box:

1950's Shirley Temple Tea Set (photo borrowed from ebay, mine is in attic, plus mine is complete)

sigpic
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Besides Mego, I love my Canadian Boxed Big Jim Commander.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• RG
      Removed.
      • Oct 1, 2004

Ok I went back and fixed this to fit with the topic

1st would be a rare autograph from Homer Davenport one of the first main stream political cartoonists. It dates from 1886 when he was just out of high school and before his national fame. He also drew a little bird on the page he autographed. Ol' Homer was also the first guy to bring Arabian horses to North America.

The Revenge of the Sith sketch card sketch of Yoda drawn by Russell Walks. This thing is awesome, he only did 200 sketches for the card set and this is a well done Yoda

Autograph from Clayton Moore, I was always a huge Lone ranger fan and getting his autograph just meant a lot to me

Then I would grab a couple of my MOC vintage Star Wars items. I have a couple very hard to find variations that I would most likely never be able to get back

my lone GI Joe MOC, 1985 Flint was always my favorite GI Joe good guy as a kid and just being able to take a look at it brings back many fun childhood memories of toy shopping
      Last edited by RG; Nov 15, '07, 3:12 AM. Reason: just adding info

Comment

• theantiquetiger
        Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
        • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by RussG
        Stuff I would grab wouldn't be toys

1st would be rare autograph from Homer Davenport

the Revenge of the Sith sketch card skecth of Yoda drawn by Russell Walks

Autograph from Clayton Moore

Then I would grab a couple of my MOC vintage Star Wars items

my lone GI Joe MOC, 1985 Flint
        I don't want this post to be "What I would grab" post. I want it to be "What I am most proud to own!" post.

I like these post because they give me ideas of what to look for when treasure hunting as well. I learn more here and other toy forums than any book or ebay.

I would think the Yoda sketch would be the coolest, because it is one of a kind. (but is your collection )
        sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

That's hard to just pick one,but My Andorian moc,Shipwreck,2 Fakers and my 88 Marino SLU would be the top items and of course this
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• highquality
            #1 Super Guy
            • Jun 10, 2003

I searched for this one nearly 15 years. I never thought I'd own one and certainly didn't think I'd find one with this much paint..

AHI Male Creature from the Black Lagoon, though still quite close to Mego, IS my Prized Piece..

WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• MegoNinja
              Career Member
              • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by highquality
              I searched for this one nearly 15 years. I never thought I'd own one and certainly didn't think I'd find one with this much paint..

AHI Male Creature from the Black Lagoon, though still quite close to Mego, IS my Prized Piece..

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...ure_277999.jpg
              jealousy alert! jealousy alert! I want one of those a fair bit.
              Now back to the threads question, a part of my collection I cannot believe I own is my c10 carded US hulk (no big deal to others, big deal to me), my full sized replica toxic avenger head and my c10 AJ lost continent MIB.
              pretty strange I know, but I really suck at finding rare pieces.
              I the Monster Hero

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by MegoNinja
                jealousy alert! jealousy alert! I want one of those a fair bit.
                Now back to the threads question, a part of my collection I cannot believe I own is my c10 carded US hulk (no big deal to others, big deal to me), my full sized replica toxic avenger head and my c10 AJ lost continent MIB.
                pretty strange I know, but I really suck at finding rare pieces.
                Toxies full size head????? oh i gotta see that

Comment

• MegoNinja
                  Career Member
                  • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by toys2cool
                  Toxies full size head????? oh i gotta see that

How's that for quick service!
                  I would like to see some one try and find one of these, I had to pay a fair bit for it because there isn't many around, it is an official head from Troma, its not a custom or any thing. It's meant to be toxie from The Toxic Avenger part 2 and 3.
                  I the Monster Hero

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Jul 28, 2007

Another mask head!! Love it. I wish they would make a Toxie from pt1. I really need to put some cash aside for an AHI creech also.

It would be tough for me to pick because I love just about everything I have, but this would be one of the first things I'd grab.
                    My custom Don Post "smooth" Frankenstein.

Comment

• MegoNinja
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 7, 2007

excellent, I love the look of that, frank has always been a favorite of mine, in regards to toxie though, I would have to say that the toxie from part 2 and 3 is a lot better than the first toxie, I don't think Troma knew what they were doing when they did the make up for the first toxie which is why you don't see many shot's of his face.
                      I the Monster Hero

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by MegoNinja
                        excellent, I love the look of that, frank has always been a favorite of mine, in regards to toxie though, I would have to say that the toxie from part 2 and 3 is a lot better than the first toxie, I don't think Troma knew what they were doing when they did the make up for the first toxie which is why you don't see many shot's of his face.
                        wow bro that Toxie mask is awesome!!! But I have to say I like the mask from part 1 better,it just looked funnier

Comment

• RG
                          Removed.
                          • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
                          I don't want this post to be "What I would grab" post. I want it to be "What I am most proud to own!" post.

I like these post because they give me ideas of what to look for when treasure hunting as well. I learn more here and other toy forums than any book or ebay.

I would think the Yoda sketch would be the coolest, because it is one of a kind. (but is your collection )

I went back and fixed my post to fit your topic

Comment

• Merlyn1976
                            Fist of Khonshu
                            • Mar 29, 2005

My grandmother used to live upstairs in my parents house...I would sneak up in the middle of the night and crawl into bed with her when I was very little...Each morning while she cooked me breakfast I can remember playing with this marble laying chicken...

I came by it when she passed away...

If anyone knows anything about this thing I'd love to know...been looking for info for years...

Push down on the body and he "lays" marbles...the wings flap up when you push down...

I have a white one with blue wings as well so I know they come in different colors...

He appears to be bakelite but I won't swear to it...

He has no markings whatsoever...
                            "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• Adam West
                              Museum CPA
                              • Apr 14, 2003

This would be one of my favorite items. It is a hand carved swan decoy by Cameron McIntyre. He is one of the most sought after decoy carvers alive today. I had to commission the piece, he sketched out some various poses for me to pick from, and I waited about a year for this to be completed because he always has more demand than he has time. It is the one item that I have spent a large sum of money on that isn't practical and my wife has supported me in owning. It is also one of few items she allows me to display in a main room of our house.

"The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎