X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
    yeah, but the clerk won't let you buy anything.
    That’s the only drawback! I’d be happy enough to just look for a few hours.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• knight errant00
      8 Inch Action Figure
      • Nov 15, 2005

Target shipped me my green-shirted Kirk. So he's now displayed in the transporter of the bridge, where all transporter malfunction evil clones come from.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Completed my series one Star Trek aliens with this late night, possibly one too many purchase.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24539[/ATTACH]
        Very nice pick up, figure looks solid and unpunched card, now if there's some way you can safely
        take off the price sticker without ruining the card?

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

Completed my series one Star Trek aliens with this late night, possibly one too many purchase.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24539[/ATTACH]
          Pretty sweet Brian. I really need to start these.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Its weird...as long as I can remember, any time I post a new find, so eone always posts something right after that is way better! �� Brian, that gorn is gorgeous! Nice find!
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Neutron X
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 22, 2007

Brian love the Gorn! Sweet carded figure, congrats on cool find!

I was able to get My Logan's Run shirt on a Mego body(was on JJ Arms) Now to find correct boots aaaaaaaaaaaand just maybe an original head. I'm sure that will happen! Looks so much better on a Mego 9in body. A little Milliput and I can sculpt some correct hair on the Lone Ranger head and I am happy.
              IMG_1766 (2) by edtime5, on Flickr

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by ScottA
                Thanks to a good friend I was able to complete my carded CAH with the addition of Captain America and Green Goblin. Haven't decided if I want to start on the set without the side pictures.

However, if anyone has the white cards for Captain America and Green Goblin for sale I'd love to complete that set.

I just now saw this. My palms are sweating, and I'm on the verge of weeping openly. Just beautiful.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Today is an official Day of Ape Celebration!

Chasing variants around the planet for years has been fun, silly, weird and definitely ridiculous… leading to discoveries that few care about, but always enthralling me. Of course the confirmation of Black Gloved, Cuffed and Lizard Skin gear was awesome. Finding variants of Brown, Silver and Purple outfits was wild. There's bunch of Cornelius and Zira outfits to keep you busy for a really long time. Palitoy-Bradgate, Bullmark and Cipsa provide numerous options to hunt internationally. Finding unicorns including other colors, textures and mash-ups is some form of mighty Mego-archeology; unearthing plastic treasures of great mystery and history!

That all said, after nearly a decade of discovering these rare Soldier Ape tunic variants, I've FINALLY matched a tunic and glove set! The T2 with tan lining is complete! Yes!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

You are the king of POTA variants--congratulations!!!
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

^^ … and it wouldn't be any fun if you couldn't share them with all the lovely, strange and interesting folks around here! it's flipperific-orbital-gland-tastic!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

lol I admire your tenacity, I have just one soldier of each color (except lizard, yuck). My favorite: Palitoy "purple" cuffed.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

Was at a comic and toy show on Sunday, and picked up my first vintage Mego since getting back into toy collecting. It was a loose, kind of rough Tarzan, but it only ran me $10...

the suit is rough, especially the body suit, and it was missing the knife, but the body itself was very sold, tight joints, stands well, bends nice and easy, so I was happy. It was a type 2...

and it also had a little paint rub on the back of the head...

but I am happy with it for the price.

It was probably going to take a Conan or a Tarzan to get me to take the plunge back into the vintage Mego waters (outside of Micronuts where the bulk of my vintage toy budget goes), and now I have. We'll see what happens now.

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

hey, I have Tarzan but for $10 I would not pass it up. nice score

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

I have Tarzan too, and that was a nice pick up for $10.00, you can easily touch up the paint rub yourself, and depending on your preference, you can get a repro Tarzan tan bodysuit and repro black knife from CTVT, and if you have good sewing skills you can fix up the leopard loincloth since it looks in pretty decent shape.

I have also just recently seen a Mego Tarzan tan bodysuit on ebay, can't remember the price, but it was not expensive.

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 26, 2008

I am really proud to present to you the realization of my collecting dream ... a dream cultivated for 20 long years: the complete set of ALTER EGO SECRET IDENTITIES !!!

Bruce Wayne once belonged to John Bonavita... I own two mocha heads...one with and one without markings!
                                Clark Kent and Dick Grayson were acquired by Megozilla in 2018
                                and Peter Parker was purchased on ebay a couple of months ago!!!

As you can see from the photos they are all in exceptional conditions!!
                                The PP camera is a Barbie accessory...gently offered by my sister

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎