New Mego Acquisitions? Got any?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • figureaddicted
    • Jun 29, 2014

My first post here on Mego Forums! Anyway, im pretty excited to report that my first vintage Mego purchase in 25 ,or so, years occurred Wednesday night. I won an auction for a Star Trek lot consisting of Kirk,Spock,Bones and the Klingon for 33 dollars plus shipping. Looks like the floodgates for my Mego and retro Mego styled figure collection just fully opened. Also, I'm thrilled to be a part of this community. I've been checking it out for years and appreciate all the informative and entertaining posts you guys share here. Thanks for such a great site.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Hey welcome aboard, great starter gets!
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• figureaddicted
        • Jun 29, 2014

Guess I'm on a roll. Scored a mint 74 Scotty to go along with the lot of vintage Trek guys i won the other day. Trek,WGSH,and PoTA are my main Mego wants. I had Trek and several WGSH figures as a kid. Never had any Apes though. The DC stuff looks readily available and affordable in the recent ReMego (Mattel and especially Figures) revolution. But I've noticed several of the Star Trek and the few Apes remegos are just as expensive as their vintage counterparts. Can anyone shed light on why this is? Were guys like Sulu or the Romulan produced in less quantities than others in the Diamond/Emcee line? As for the PoTA remegos, I'm assuming there weren't many of those done. I can generally only find the Ape Soldier and maybe a Zira listed. Were there any others done or will it be pretty much a vintage endeavor to collect those? Thanks for any info provided.

Edit: Rather than spam up the board with multiple pickups in a short amount of time, i figured I'd just update this post. I just won a Enterprise/Bridge playset for 10.50. Pieces are all there but there is certainly some playwear on the set itself. However, as i said, it is complete. Even the various screens . This is a big score for me as i missed out on this set as a kid. So far I've been blessed with the ability to pickup 5 figures and the playset for right around 70.00 total. Im sure my luck will run out on the decent prices soon as i move closer to needing Sulu, Salt Vampire, Pike ,Romulan etc. But picking up these for a bargain will certainly take the sting out of paying for some of those......lol
        Last edited by figureaddicted; Jul 5, '14, 5:09 PM.

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

^^ The General was selling a set of opened (with packaging) EMCE Apes a couple weeks ago… check the marketplace and look him up. Great guy and the prices were excellent.

If your seeking vintage; check my current sales thread; I'm movin' Apes with more to come.
          Last edited by Confessional; Jul 8, '14, 9:06 AM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Yeah I got lucky today:

Polyestar Ultimate Man of Pleasure for $23

Tomland (Naked) Fly for $35

Now to get some clothes on that Fly!!
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• figureaddicted
              • Jun 29, 2014

A quick shout out to CosmiCKenny ,who hooked me up with a Lt Uhura. And then i scored my first Emce retro today after winning a Sulu for a decent price. So im dwindling down to needing only Chekov and Pike to round out the TOS Enterprise crew. Then its on to Megos/EMCEs aliens......a faaaar more expensive endeavor I'm sure. I'm balancing Star Trek and DC well for now,but the PoTA and Marvel stuff are knocking at the door......and Kiss and Mad Monsters are right behind them!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

1 more down. Just got Catwoman today. That leaves me needing 15 more. That's not counting AEs or stuff like CS Spidey.

Comment

• Fitski
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 19, 2013

Sweet Polyestar!

Comment

• JPkempo
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 17, 2001

2 Months back this is what I got so far. DSC01521.jpg DSC01524.jpg DSC01525.jpg DSC01523.jpg DSC01522.jpg The forbidden zone I still had but the figures are new.

Comment

• megofreak
                      • Nov 25, 2007

I finally got this guy! He was an AWESOME Birthday present!!

Last edited by megofreak; Aug 1, '14, 10:50 PM. Reason: bad url

Comment

• Evel KMego
                        Museum Daredevil
                        • Apr 26, 2006

Originally posted by JPkempo
                        2 Months back this is what I got so far. [ATTACH=CONFIG]11679[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11680[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11681[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11682[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11683[/ATTACH] The forbidden zone I still had but the figures are new.
                        All that in 2 months!! Nice. Also, I love that Buddy L Coca-Cola truck in the background.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by JPkempo
                          2 Months back this is what I got so far. [ATTACH=CONFIG]11679[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11680[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11681[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11682[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]11683[/ATTACH] The forbidden zone I still had but the figures are new.
                          You had a busy (and fun, I bet) two months!

- Ian
                          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Fitski
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 19, 2013

I finally completed my Fist Fighter Collection! I'll probably have to upgrade Cap's suit in the future, but for now I can stop searching for one!

Comment

• figureaddicted
                              • Jun 29, 2014

I won a POTA village playset for the mind boggling price of 13.50 on the bay. I guess the auction had a bad ending time as only one other person had bid on it previously. Its not 100% complete, but the set itself is in wonderful condition and , to my surpise when i opened it, still.contained the operating table and the net for trapping humans. I am pretty happy with this as it puts me up to 2 vintage playsets i never owned as a kid. This is certainly a kick in the butt to get more vintage PoTA figures now, as i only currently own a Cornelius. I also finished off my classic Star Trek crew with an EMCE Chekov for 19.00 and an EMCE Gorn for the great price of 25.00. If only i could nab a Romulan, Salt Vampire,Pike or Khan for such good prices........

Comment

• MegoMoe
                                • Feb 13, 2014

Today was a good day!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍