Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMegoGuy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 26, 2014

NFS. New arrival. Thor large header box to go along with my small header box. All original vintage mego. I love the target price sticker. The small header box has a $2.99 Nichols price sticker on the top flap.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Mego Meet didn't happen this year but thanks to a good friend, I still managed to come away with an amazing haul of stuff. This box arrived with a few surprises I'll share in a video. Epic mail day, now to find space.

Attached Files
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Oooh. That Joker is tops! Great score!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by SeattleEd
          Oooh. That Joker is tops! Great score!!
          Isn't it, though? So minty & vivid. Congratulations.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Whao, heavy hitters!… that's like lottery-liquor-store-luck scoring a super clean Palitoy Soldier AND a Bullmark Astro.

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

NFS
              I have finally finished piecing together a WGSH First Four set. Some folks might say not a big deal but it is to me.
              As a kid, my parents bought a set of the first four at Woolworth and for those of you in the Hollywood area, it was the one next to the Sears on Santa Monica Blvd and Western Ave. Near Ed Wood's old studios.
              Of course my brother and I played them to pieces but always told myself some day I will get that set again. This time I tried to get the first release versions as best I could based on Benjamin Holcomb's book.

20210218_121715.jpg
              20210218_121803.jpg
              20210218_121157.jpg
              20210218_121526.jpg
              20210218_121446.jpg
              Last edited by SeattleEd; Feb 18, '21, 7:06 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

Superman is all original with the exception of the sticker emblems. The suit is a stirrup version with skinny boots. Belt is transparent and suit is fading to a lavender but still deep rich blue tones.
                20210218_121357.jpg

Batman is all original with the exception of the sticker emblem. The suit is a stirrup version with skinny boots. Belt is transparent and suit has a beautiful rich lavender hue to it. The gloves are the first version waffle pattern on one side.
                20210218_121350.jpg

Robin is original except sticker emblem, removeable mask, and belt. I have an original belt but the elasticity is long gone so does not stay on. The gloves are the first version waffle pattern on one side.
                20210218_121344.jpg

Aquaman is original except sticker emblem. Suit is the sew on sleeves first version. The gloves are the first version waffle pattern on one side.
                20210218_121335.jpg
                Last edited by SeattleEd; Feb 18, '21, 8:02 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

The best one's out front! :-)

Great set, congratulations. (Your individual pix aren't showing.)
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                    SynthoRes Transmigrator
                    • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    The best one's out front! :-)

Great set, congratulations. (Your individual pix aren't showing.)
                    Thank you, Scott. They are showing but sideways.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

They sure are nice--makes me want to upgrade my ersatz set.

Comment

• Confessional
                        Maker & Whatnot
                        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ …that stunningly, fun beauty of loose Megos. Congrats Ed!

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Beautiful set of heroes, congratulations. I had these way way back in the day and I personally like Superman, but of course there all favorites. Any chance of adding type-1’s of Tarzan-Shazam and Green Arrow to the collection?

Comment

• SeattleEd
                            SynthoRes Transmigrator
                            • Oct 24, 2007

I've added Green Arrow T1. Not sure about Tarzan and Shazam yet. Never had those as a kid and never had interest. But who knows. That could change.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Wow! Awesome set!!

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

I was able to track down the last two carded CB McHaul characters recently, it only took me 22 years to complete the set! As a bonus, I bought them from an old friend I haven't talked to in years.

mchaulcollection.jpg
                                Attached Files
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎