Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Congratulations, that's always such a good feeling and so minty.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
      Creature Of The Night
      • May 14, 2011

That's an impressive collection, congrats on your completion!

I've seen those on eBay over the years, but honestly don't remember ever seeing them in the stores. They're marked 1977, so that may be why. I stopped buying toys for awhile after late 1976 when records started getting all of my expendable cash and were made the top priority of all my birthday and Christmas wish lists. I worked at Toys R Us from Fall of '81 through the end of Winter in '83, and I don't remember seeing them then either.

If I had come across them in the early to mid 80's, I would probably have bought all of the figures and displayed them on top of my refrigerator and posed them in a circle. Can't help it, I was drawn that way.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Got two of my favorite mego items, well Batman is an upgraded double.
        20211102_153223.jpg
        Last edited by Mr.Marion; Nov 2, '21, 6:38 PM.

Comment

• SpectrePrime
          • Oct 26, 2021

I bought a couple of Mego Star Trek figures from Ireland, new in package, and they are quite interesting. One is a Sulu figure w/ commander stripes. The uniform is also not the neon-bright yellow of the US Target release, making it much nicer to my eyes. The Chekov figure is the other one, and it has the same type of uniform. Very cool figures.

Comment

• ToyTalk
            Career Member
            • Mar 25, 2020

Great purchases for you both!! I love the smell of vintage toys in the morning.
            Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

I'm in Seventh Heaven right now.
              20211222_120339.jpg

I had a chance a couple years back to get the whole crew moc for $75 . I passed unfortunately just missing Mccoy and Spock now. ��

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 26, 2008

That will be a nice carded set of figures, got the bridge set for the 3 3/4 line?
                Chad

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by SainthoodDenied
                  That will be a nice carded set of figures, got the bridge set for the 3 3/4 line?
                  No and I probably won't get one. Takes up too much space. I'd rather have a boxed millennium Falcon . I won't rule out finding the loose Aliens though.

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 26, 2008

Picked up a nice, clean type 2 Captain America with his shield. Just need to order a chest emblem for him.
                    270177261_460193102301483_8184061580510968023_n.jpg
                    Chad

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Very nice pick up, looks clean with good paint. If you want, you could get a custom Kresge card for it from the toyroom, he does a very good job, that’s what I did for my type-1 Tarzan.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Picked up an AJ frogman scuba outfit that I needed, but is missing part of the floater. D'oh!

Comment

• Action Martin
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 30, 2007

In November 2020 I picked up a loose, clean Captain America type-2 with repro star and shield. That was my first Mego pick up in years.
                          Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Confessional
                            Today is an official Day of Ape Celebration!

Chasing variants around the planet for years has been fun, silly, weird and definitely ridiculous… leading to discoveries that few care about, but always enthralling me. Of course the confirmation of Black Gloved, Cuffed and Lizard Skin gear was awesome. Finding variants of Brown, Silver and Purple outfits was wild. There's bunch of Cornelius and Zira outfits to keep you busy for a really long time. Palitoy-Bradgate, Bullmark and Cipsa provide numerous options to hunt internationally. Finding unicorns including other colors, textures and mash-ups is some form of mighty Mego-archeology; unearthing plastic treasures of great mystery and history!

That all said, after nearly a decade of discovering these rare Soldier Ape tunic variants, I've FINALLY matched a tunic and glove set! The T2 with tan lining is complete! Yes!

Wow! I had no idea that there were interior tunic variations. Congratulations!

I have the blue, red, and lizard tunics. The silver one is still avoiding me.
                            Scott

Comment

• Mego Batman
                              • Dec 10, 2021

I picked up the new 2021 14 inch Batman. Here's a picture of it next to the New 52 14 inch Batman:

I like them both for different reasons, and don't have a favorite.

Edit: it's a thumbnail link to a larger picture.
                              Last edited by Mego Batman; Jan 17, '22, 3:24 PM. Reason: Edit

Comment

• Action Martin
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 30, 2007

I didn't think to include the new Megos in this subject.

A friend of mine gave me General Ursus as a Christmas gift. This, of course, forced me to buy Caesar and two Soldier Apes (brown bandolier, black bandolier) two weeks later.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎