• Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
    Some nice finds at a local show today.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]22479[/ATTACH]

Nice finds? more like GREAT finds, congrats.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

At the same show I picked up these. Only missing Spock but I bought one last week anyway.
      IMG_20180303_113042053.jpg

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Great pick up, something about sealed carded Trek figures that warms my soul, probably because I vividly remember seeing and buying them at local Child Worlds and Toys R Us stores.

To this day I still remember walking in the front door of Child Worlds and knowing exactly which isle and how far down
        the Trek megos were pegged, funny but somethings you never forget, now what I was doing about 20 minutes ago
        can't remember.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Finally found a Boxed Aquaman at a price I could live with at a time when I had eBay cash. I actually been finding alot of megos this year.

IMG_20180314_171102877.jpg
          Attached Files

Comment

• Phosfate
            • Jan 16, 2018

Originally posted by tjacwave50
            Great pick up, something about sealed carded Trek figures that warms my soul, probably because I vividly remember seeing and buying them at local Child Worlds and Toys R Us stores.

To this day I still remember walking in the front door of Child Worlds and knowing exactly which isle and how far down
            the Trek megosY were pegged, funny but somethings you never forget, now what I was doing about 20 minutes ago
            can't remember.
            You've just made me remember that, for reasons that make no sense at all, as I child I kept confusing Mego Ben Grimm with the cranky EVERYBODY FIGHT ABRAHAM LINCOLN lava monster from Star Trek. Who, in his own way, made even less sense. If you pick Lincoln at the Choose Your Fighters stage you might as well pick Irene Ryan or Ted Koppel.

In related news, I have just acquired a pantsless Spock. I swear, Spocks in the wild never have pants.

I also had to explain to a non-Mego friend that Spocks have molded tighty blackies, so he would stop being horrified.
            I have never kissed the editor of the Radio Times

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Phosfate
              You've just made me remember that, for reasons that make no sense at all, as I child I kept confusing Mego Ben Grimm with the cranky EVERYBODY FIGHT ABRAHAM LINCOLN lava monster from Star Trek. Who, in his own way, made even less sense. If you pick Lincoln at the Choose Your Fighters stage you might as well pick Irene Ryan or Ted Koppel.

In related news, I have just acquired a pantsless Spock. I swear, Spocks in the wild never have pants.

I also had to explain to a non-Mego friend that Spocks have molded tighty blackies, so he would stop being horrified.
              The Savage Curtain, I remember that one fondly as a kid. Help me Spock.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Phosfate

This is my new favorite post of the week. Kudos.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

The Savage Curtain, I remember that one fondly as a kid. Help me Spock.
                  Somebody had a custom Yarnek lava monster on eBay last week, think they were selling for $75.00
                  almost grabbed it, I don't see it up now, maybe it sold?

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Finally found a Boxed Aquaman at a price I could live with at a time when I had eBay cash. I actually been finding alot of megos this year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22511[/ATTACH]

Great pick up, looks colorful and sharp. Your making me jealous of these recent pick ups, Knights, Trek and now Aquaman
                    what's next Alter-Egos?

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                      Great pick up, looks colorful and sharp. Your making me jealous of these recent pick ups, Knights, Trek and now Aquaman
                      what's next Alter-Egos?
                      I got a couple little things coming in the mail, but I won't be buying any big ticket items anytime soon.

Comment

• Phosfate
                        • Jan 16, 2018

YES! Yarnek! Thank you.
                        I have never kissed the editor of the Radio Times

Comment

• SWDAVE
                          • May 31, 2017

I picked up a LJN SWAT Deacan figure yesterday at the Columbus, Ohio Toy Show. No hat and his jumpsuit was a little faded but for $10 I could not pass him up!

There was a lot of sweet Mego items for purchase at the show but the prices were all the over the place.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                            Banned
                            • Jun 23, 2001

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22511[/ATTACH]
                            It's great that you got a boxed Aquaman...but...it's a type 2 later version in a Type 1 Box. Not trying to be an Ahole...just thought you would like to know. That Aquaman that is in the box is the one that used to come in mailer boxes and carded Aquaman figures. More so in the mailer boxes.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                              Permanent Member
                              • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                              It's great that you got a boxed Aquaman...but...it's a type 2 later version in a Type 1 Box. Not trying to be an Ahole...just thought you would like to know. That Aquaman that is in the box is the one that used to come in mailer boxes and carded Aquaman figures. More so in the mailer boxes.
                              Yeah I was wondering about that. I have a loose stitched belt Aquaman that could have been released in that box. But I'll take a boxed Aquaman anyway I can get him.

Comment

• TheMegoGuy
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jan 26, 2014

I just picked up a hardcover copy of the 1974 Montgomery Ward Christmas catalog to go along with my boxed set of alter egos! I had been looking for a nice copy of the catalog for a while, and jumped at the chance to get a hard cover copy. According to my research, the hardcover catalogs were issued only to catalog sales stores or catalog departments within retail stores. They were displayed on the sales counters for customers to browse through and were not available to the public.

Last edited by TheMegoGuy; Mar 28, '18, 8:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎