X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToyBob
    Museum Patron
    • Feb 21, 2022

MWR.jpg
    Got a cheap lot of four Married with Children, two from the older CTVT line(Marcie & Kelly.) from an eBay listing. Mostly wanted the Mego Clothes, Peg's clothes for my Janine Melnitz 8" since I saw that and thought it looked good for as a desk outfit, and the Kelly for a possible ST extra like I saw Custom Crafter do. While I didn't like the likenesses I have to say the accessories were on point for the characters.
    Here they are showing concern for Porky trapped in his plastic prison that may or may not open. Another eBay listing, not not much Mego where I live, had a Buffalo Bill come up once locally on Craig's List. Was an auction so got him at a good price even though I'm more of loose collector.

WWC.jpg
    Here's my new stuff from a Toys 'R' Us trip, got the gang putting on the Ritz, I'll cut him out eventually. I've never done toy photos before, man did everybody fall down a lot. Little pigmentation problem already on Worf, I hope they're checking their plastic formula on that since that isn't decades of fading. Anyway used some poster paper I forgot about for the background but I'll use a sheet next time.
    I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• imlaughing2death
      • Jul 20, 2020

A few days ago I won a Wave 1 Frankie for only $16, got a Hunchback for a svelte $10 (I take it he's not selling well) and a while ago got a Screaming Werewolf for $12. Now I have all three Wave 1 monsters together.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I have been getting NuMego figure for under the SRP:
        Chucky 2 pack for $24
        3 pack of GITD Norferatu for $30
        UM Frankenstein & Wolfman $20
        Fuzzy Fly $10

Bonus I just won vintage Action Jackson outfit: Tennis Outfit for $20
        s-l1600.jpg
        Last edited by monitor_ep; Mar 8, '23, 9:53 PM.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          I have been getting NuMego figure for under the SRP:
          Chucky 2 pack for $24
          3 pack of GITD Norferatu for $30
          UM Frankenstein & Wolfman $20
          Fuzzy Fly $10

Bonus I just won vintage Action Jackson outfit: Tennis Outfit for $20
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]35296[/ATTACH]

The AJ Tennis outfit is a nice pick up for $20. I haven’t seen many of those on ebay.

Comment

• blastphemey
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 11, 2008

Really good amount of megos at a particular booth at the Captains comic expo a couple weekends ago. I only left with a handful of them, but I could have easily lost all self control if I didn't have a wife to answer to :D

It is always so exciting to find megos out at shows or at flea markets.

IMG_9934.jpg

IMG_9933.jpg

69904828740__213BA9CA-CEEC-4BCC-835F-F30B8A784404.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Some good Megos there, not to mention Big Jim. Thanks for sharing.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

those look like pretty good prices too

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I think I would have grabbed that Green Arrow for $25 and then try to pick up the missing boots and quiver, I also noticed the Boss Hogg was on a fat type-1 body….pretty suspicious.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2019

I kind of bought a mego figure...

Just won an auction for a CTVT repro Black Knight, missing his helmet.

Gonna customize him a bit.
                    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• blastphemey
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 11, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
                      I think I would have grabbed that Green Arrow for $25 and then try to pick up the missing boots and quiver, I also noticed the Boss Hogg was on a fat type-1 body….pretty suspicious.
                      He was one of them that I bought Someone must have swapped Mr Boggs at some point

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 19, 2019

Damn...so my black knight came in....turns out he's also missing his right shoulder armor piece along with the helmet...

I wonder how long Dr Mego takes to ship these days..
                        Wanted:

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Dr. Mego is pretty good with getting things shipped out fast, he may be a little behind these days with new mego figures and corresponding back and forth with Marty, but I wouldn’t worry to much.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by TrekStar
                            Dr. Mego is pretty good with getting things shipped out fast, he may be a little behind these days with new mego figures and corresponding back and forth with Marty, but I wouldn’t worry to much.
                            Just put in the order, fingers crossed.
                            Wanted:

Comment

• ToyBob
                              Museum Patron
                              • Feb 21, 2022

I went to my first toy convention on April 1st, quite fun and intend to go back next year if it runs. Vancouver Comic & Toy Show, I was going to take some pictures but I got so busy looking, only saw roughly 85% before I had to go. Anyway some Megos I got there, $60 CAD for the two ST figures which I thought was a good price for the excellent condition and number of accessories still there.
                              P1040418.jpg
                              Lots of SW of coarse heh. Had some good vintage MOTU I should have got but hemmed and hawed on them till I missed out. Got a couple Remco figures, Frankenstein & Persesus for $5 a piece but needs some filler and new paint in spots. Some legacy era Lego figures from Technic and such, Ertl Scotty, most of a Starcom vehicle, a few bargain figures of TMNT/The Real Ghosbusters/Batman:Animated Series/Bucky O'Hare, some Beetlejuice accessory bits, and a nude Jem doll. All things considered a good haul.
                              Actually saw a few Sunshine Family dolls, Brick Mantooth is right, they are off-putting to look at.

Not my video but a good coverage of the event by LeftCoast Graphics.
                              Last edited by ToyBob; Apr 4, '23, 3:42 PM.
                              I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• B-Lister
                                Eccentric Weirdo
                                • Mar 19, 2010

Picked this up on my most recent trip to Tokyo:

Attached Files
                                Last edited by B-Lister; Apr 23, '23, 3:29 AM. Reason: Better photo
                                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎