X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Power Con/Mego Meet pick up:

Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• greensavage2000
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 9, 2013

Nice & minty. Same Pharoid I had as a kid.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

I dig it, want more.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Such great colors, too. I wish I could go all-in on Micronauts, sigh. I saw a Baron Karza and Hornetroid at the convention, and I ached with nostalgia.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

I have a complete Karza too.

I never set out to collect Micronauts. But my friend Jeremy (Tokyo Toy Banzai) took me to the original Toy Cats in Kichijoji during my first Tokyo trip, and I kinda fell in love with the line.

Most of what I have is Takara Microman reissues, but this is my first vintage piece (aside from Karza) and I think they're pretty cool.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

So happy to upgrade my set via a local shop. This is one of those Mego pieces I have a history with.

IMG_20230824_135829_770~2.jpg
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Awesome and pretty, congrats!

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

So since our Saturday D&D game got cancelled, my wife decided she wanted to go visit my in-laws and do some clearance toy shopping along the way. So we stopped at 3 Walmarts on route and grabbed some clearance Megos (for $7 and $15) and I found one of the 50th Anniversary WGSH figures (GL) that I didn't have at one of them as well.

So 3 $7 clearance Megos :Aang and the 2 Trek Discovery figs, my wife is a big Avatar fan so was happy to get Aang

2 $15 Megos:yellow shirt Kirk and a Medusa

and the 5oth Anniversary GL

these are the first Megos I've picked up in a few months (last I got were Joker & Reverse Flash in the villains wave of the 5oth Ann figs). I've slowed down a lot on toy buying this year, but hard to pass up those clearance prices. We also picked up some of the D&D action figs on clearance as well, but I will put pics up in the modern toy thread.

I saw plenty of the villains, a couple of Aquamans, a couple of Robins and a couple of Supermans at the various Walmarts as well, but had those already. They had a few other horror figs in the $15 clearance, but none that I wanted enough to pull the trigger on even at that price.

Looks like Walmart is cleaning out stuff to make room for new holiday merch. They also had lots of Supermobiles and Batwings from the Super Powers line on clearance at those stores.

-M
                  Attached Files
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Over the summer I acquired an almost perfect Type-2 Astronaut for $28. He didn't have a helmet, but I had an original helmet with a new string.

Astronaut.jpg

Then I picked up an Action Jackson Air Force outfit in a slightly dented box for $32.

378187507_10226663744753281_4610536951555400888_n.jpg

And a couple of weeks back I picked up a loose but perfect Gorn for $115 and a sealed modern Gorn for $15.

20230923_142730.jpg
                    Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 30, 2007

s-l1600.jpg

I just picked up this lot of vintage Mego POTA figures on eBay.

Here is the item description:
                      "Group of 4 original Mego Planet of the Apes figures. These are overall in fantastic condition. There are no weapons and only 1 figure has boots but they all have their clothes that are in excellent condition, all snaps are intact. There are 2 Cornelius, one of those has soft bands at the mid section, so lower body hangs a bit loose. The other three have good bands. There is one extra jacket as seen. All joints are in good condition. No missing body parts."

The seller wanted $150. I offered $125 and he accepted.

They arrived this week. Let's see...

The "soft bands" Cornelius was a Type-1 and needed re-stringing, which I guessed based on the seller's description.
                      The other Cornelius was a Type-2 and had a broken leg.
                      Both of their tights were so stretched out, there was no way they could be used unless I used a safety pin on them.
                      General Ursus did not arrive with the Solider Ape bandolier as pictured. Also, he is a Type-1 that needs to be re-strung but not as bad as Cornelius.
                      Dr. Zaius was the only "perfect" figure in the lot.

I'll try to make lemonade out of this lot.
                      Scott

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 29, 2018

I got the Candlesticks Cushing VanHelsing ages ago. Love the figure. Found out quickly there was a two wooden stakes version that I had never seen. Last night in the Halloween clearance section at Goodwill, WoodenStakes Cushing VanHelsing marked at $2.00 now 75% off as Halloween decoration. Mint on mint card. Ok 50 cent Megos are my happy place.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Action Martin
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]36439[/ATTACH]

I just picked up this lot of vintage Mego POTA figures on eBay.

Here is the item description:
                          "Group of 4 original Mego Planet of the Apes figures. These are overall in fantastic condition. There are no weapons and only 1 figure has boots but they all have their clothes that are in excellent condition, all snaps are intact. There are 2 Cornelius, one of those has soft bands at the mid section, so lower body hangs a bit loose. The other three have good bands. There is one extra jacket as seen. All joints are in good condition. No missing body parts."

The seller wanted $150. I offered $125 and he accepted.

They arrived this week. Let's see...

The "soft bands" Cornelius was a Type-1 and needed re-stringing, which I guessed based on the seller's description.
                          The other Cornelius was a Type-2 and had a broken leg.
                          Both of their tights were so stretched out, there was no way they could be used unless I used a safety pin on them.
                          General Ursus did not arrive with the Solider Ape bandolier as pictured. Also, he is a Type-1 that needs to be re-strung but not as bad as Cornelius.
                          Dr. Zaius was the only "perfect" figure in the lot.

I'll try to make lemonade out of this lot.
                          Sounds like the seller wasn’t completely honest, (They are overall in fantastic condition) his description should have been more accurate considering they wanted $150 but that’s your call.

It is still a good lot though regardless, and it looks like the good Dr. Zaius somehow swiped himself some Klingon tights.

Comment

• Action Martin
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by TrekStar
                            Sounds like the seller wasn’t completely honest, (They are overall in fantastic condition) his description should have been more accurate considering they wanted $150 but that’s your call.

It is still a good lot though regardless, and it looks like the good Dr. Zaius somehow swiped himself some Klingon tights.
                            And Ursus is wearing Dr. Zaius' boots!
                            Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 30, 2007

This past week I picked up a naked T-2 Doctor Zaius for $20.00.

Screenshot 2023-11-25 120354.png
                              Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 30, 2007

On Cyber Monday via Amazon I picked up the Mego reproductions of Cornelius, Dr. Zaius, and the Topps Exclusive Zira for $40. I really never wanted them because I own the originals. But the price was right and they do have their small differences from the originals.

NuMego Apes.jpg
                                Last edited by Action Martin; Dec 3, '23, 12:17 PM.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎