Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Chip, that is amazing!!!!!! I was into Super Powers because it was right after Mego had died and the cartoon was on TV when I was a kid.
    That carded Golden Pharaoh is a nice chunk of cash.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• ksp
      Banned
      • Apr 4, 2010

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
      That carded Golden Pharaoh is a nice chunk of cash.
      Sadly, it doesn't seem to be climbing like a lot of other MOC Super Powers lately. One just sold for $60 on eBay.

However, there's always this guy :

His value won't be going down anytime soon.

Peace,

Chip

Comment

• ksp
        Banned
        • Apr 4, 2010

Originally posted by Mister Blisterfists
        He has definitely helped my personal collection (He's improved the grades of several key pieces, and helped me to complete my Hall of Justice).
        Always happy to help you, man. You're one of the good ones!

Peace,

Chip

Comment

• ksp
          Banned
          • Apr 4, 2010

Thanks to everyone for the kudos! If anyone has any SP questions or needs an "appraisal" on something they have, feel free to ask.

Peace,

Chip

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by ksp
            Sadly, it doesn't seem to be climbing like a lot of other MOC Super Powers lately. One just sold for $60 on eBay.

However, there's always this guy :

His value won't be going down anytime soon.

Peace,

Chip
            awesome!! i love error cards
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Great collection bro, my fave was the BK display with the 4 cups...I use to love looking at that in BK when I was a kid
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ksp
                Banned
                • Apr 4, 2010

Originally posted by toys2cool
                awesome!! i love error cards
                It's a piece that puzzles all the long-time collectors, for sure. Dr. Fate was never issued on a 33-back (offerless, comicless) card, yet it was scheduled to be when the line was canceled. No correct 33-back Dr. Fate has ever turned up.

That would lead one to believe that this is a carded sample, yet all other 33-back carded samples were attached to proof cards...which have a markedly different hole punch. This is a production-quality Dr. Fate card back.

Only four of these have turned up so far...two from Australia (years ago) and two from in the US (early this year, originating near Kenner in Ohio from someone who claimed their mother worked there in the 1980's).

It's an oddball piece no matter which way you slice it.

Peace,

Chip

Comment

• Neutron X
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 22, 2007

Fantastic Collection! I remember my boss coming back from a convention with 1,000 MOC figures when these were being cleared out. Figures made a great display over top of comic racks! Many of the figures were Flash. It was great to go through and pick out my favprite at $1.00 each. Wish I kept them!

Comment

• boynightwing
                    That Carl Guy
                    • Apr 24, 2002

What an amazing collection!! Thank you for sharing!

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Great collection... and that's a fact.

However... there is ONE piece in the collection that is particularly captivation to me.... and THAT is the SP Super Villain "Group Shot" puzzle.

I always enjoyed villain group shots from the Bronze Age... the ones that appeared in comics as "pin ups" or whatever... maybe in calendars too.

What's interesting about THAT villain graphic is that I had always seen
                      the SP "hero" group shot... complete with many heroes that were never
                      made for the line.

I have NEVER... until your thread here... seen the villain group shot...
                      let alone on an actual product.... it's interesting for so many reasons,
                      but particularly because it represents the creme de la creme of
                      DC villains from the VERY tail end of the Bronze Age.... cool.

So thanks for the pics... and keep rockin that SUPER POWERS stuff!

P.S. The only villains that I'm not sure who they are, are:

1) the guy w/the black hair and little beard... is it Ra's Al Guhl... Vandal Savage... Merlyn The Archer?

2) The one in the green and white outfit with red (or light brown?) hair
                      and blue boots who looks like a Legion superhero.

Can anyone here answer who those are?
                      Last edited by huedell; Apr 1, '11, 5:46 PM.
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• ksp
                        Banned
                        • Apr 4, 2010

Originally posted by huedell
                        Great collection... and that's a fact.
                        Thanks!

However... there is ONE piece in the collection that is particularly captivation to me.... and THAT is the SP Super Villain "Group Shot" puzzle.
                        That was my 2nd non-toy addition to my collection, believe it or not, behind the BK cup counter display. I love that piece.

I have NEVER... until your thread here... seen the villain group shot...
                        let alone on an actual product.... it's interesting for so many reasons,
                        but particularly because it represents the creme de la creme of
                        DC villains from the VERY tail end of the Bronze Age.... cool.
                        Check this out. It's the Villains Activity Book cover from Happy House. I love it because of the different Brainiac. When I found it it was a true "***???" moment for me.

P.S. The only villains that I'm not sure who they are, are:
                        1) the guy w/the black hair and little beard... is it Ra's Al Guhl... Vandal Savage... Merlyn The Archer?
                        2) The one in the green and white outfit with red (or light brown?) hair
                        and blue boots who looks like a Legion superhero.
                        Can anyone here answer who those are?
                        Bronze Age General Zod and Ursa, I believe.

Peace,

Chip

Comment

• cactus725
                          Caped Crusader
                          • Feb 8, 2010

That is a WONDERFUL collection!!!

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by ksp
                            Thanks!

That was my 2nd non-toy addition to my collection, believe it or not, behind the BK cup counter display. I love that piece.
                            Awesome Chip... glad we share a simillar passion WITHIN a passion!
                            Cool that you nabbed it early on... thank YOU so much for sharing!

Originally posted by ksp
                            Check this out. It's the Villains Activity Book cover from Happy House. I love it because of the different Brainiac. When I found it it was a true "***???" moment for me.
                            I can imagine it was indeed a thrilling find

... ya know, I've been watching the GG/SP era of SF and
                            it IS notable that THEY too used both versions of Braniac and Luthor.

Originally posted by ksp
                            Bronze Age General Zod and Ursa, I believe.
                            Zod is the bald guy in the cap... and ya know... the other two that I did
                            not recognize are placed right next to Zod... and it's very possible that
                            they round out a "Phantom Zone trio" in that graphic.. altho' it's likely
                            that even IF they are both Phanton Zoners, they could have
                            different names than their Superman Movie counterparts (Ursa and Non).
                            Last edited by huedell; Apr 1, '11, 6:24 PM.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• ksp
                              Banned
                              • Apr 4, 2010

Originally posted by huedell
                              Awesome Chip... glad we share a simillar passion WITHIN a passion!
                              Cool that you nabbed it early on... thank YOU so much for sharing!
                              I'll do ya one better. PM me yer address. I have an extra boxed one of those villain puzzles. It's not NM/sealed but I believe it's complete. You can have it, gratis.

Peace,

Chip

Comment

• huedell
                                Museum Ball Eater
                                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by ksp
                                I'll do ya one better. PM me yer address. I have an extra boxed one of those villain puzzles. It's not NM/sealed but I believe it's complete. You can have it, gratis.

Peace,

Chip
                                Holey Moley!

Cool Chip that is uber-kind of you, man! If ever I can, I'll find some way
                                to do you a solid one of these days!

I am psyched to have something so special from that era
                                with the most exciting characters!

Incidentally, I went to the PHANTOM ZONE wiki page...
                                and after following a few links, I discovered that the female is indeed
                                Ursa's Bronze Age comic counterpart: Faora Hu-Ul.
                                The remaining male of the trio's name may take more research on my part!

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎