Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Franchises I'd Love To See Go Mego!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

Future lines I'd like to see:

1. Marvel Comics - if EMCE could synch up with Hasbro, much like EMCE did with Mattel, and keep 'em in scale, I'd buy the whole line.
    2. Star Wars - see above. Yeah, these two are longshots, but what the hey, right?
    3. Star Trek: TNG, DS9, Voyager - EMCE and Diamond knocked the Original Series figures out of the park, and I can only imagine how freakin' cool the later series characters would look given the Mego treatment. I needs a Worf and a Seven of Nine!
    4. Pulp Heroes - Each of these guys probably couldn't support an entire line by themselves, but teamed up? Doc Savage, the Shadow, the Spider, the Avenger, revamped versions of Tarzan and Conan, and their archenemies would be pretty sweet.
    5. John Carter, Warlord of Mars - We'll get figures from Disney when the movie comes out, I'm sure, but an EMCE version would rock. I'd also love to see Doc and crew attempt to make a 1/9 scale Tars Tarkas (that figure would probably be 12" tall).
    6. Foreign Superheroes - El Santo, Kaliman, Ultraman (geez, Ultraman and his variants alone would keep EMCE busy for years), Tiger Mask, etc. They look cool, they are cool, and why should we US folk have all the fun? I need an El Santo to plancha my Universal Monsters!
    7. Hammer Horror (with respect to Monstar) - YES. Lee as Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, the Mummy. Cushing as Van Helsing, Dr. Frankenstein, and maybe Sherlock Holmes from Hound of the Baskervilles. Throw in figures of Caroline Munro, Ingrid Pitt, and a Twins of Evil Collinson Twins 2-pack (PLEASE!) and I'm all over this.
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Dark Shadow
      Creature Of The Night
      • May 14, 2011

(more) Apes
      (more) Dark Shadows
      Marvel
      Addams Family
      KISS
      Batman 60's TV Show

Comment

• thoriron
        Career Member
        • Apr 22, 2004

Marvel The Eternals
        Warlord
        Labirynt
        Kirby's Superheroes
        Dylan Dog,martin Mystere,nathan Never,mister No,zagor....bonelli's Comics

Comment

• MEGO_SUPERMAN
          Say No To Kryptonite!
          • May 9, 2011

I liked the idea of the Hanna Barbara stuff...especially the Blue Falcon after that awesome custom. Seems like there is another property...some sort of comic line...but I cant remember it.....might start with an "M" could have sworn I saw a picture of it somewhere.....
          Truth, Justice and Megos THAT is the American Way!

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan! - Ron Burgundy KVWN Channel 4 News Team

A picture is worth a thousand words. A Chuck Norris is worth 1 billion words. - Chuck Norris

You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you. And I'm probably not gonna like you no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups you do. All right, anybody who wants to pick on anybody in class, aim for him, 'cause I'm not watchin'. -Kenny Powers

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

Thundercats, Micronauts in 8 inch scale, Centurions, Marvel, (though I understand the difficulty).
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• DocDrako
              Formerly Doc Drako
              • Nov 11, 2004

Hanna/Barbera Superheroes!
              Jonny Quest
              Scooby Doo

Last edited by DocDrako; Aug 25, '11, 10:43 AM.
              "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                WANTED for card bending
                • Apr 26, 2008

It seems to me that everyone wants Hanna Barbera Megos! Scooby and the gang, world of super adventure figs, Johnny Quest, Josie and the Pussycats woyld rule too!

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

I've been trying to restrict myself to the DC Retro Action figures so far. But I think I'd be tempted if they came out with Space Ghost and Blue Falcon! I'd even add Birdman to the collection, even though he was never my favorite.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jeffbearco
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2011

Oooo! I just remembered. One of my absolute favorites as a kid was Battle of the Planets!
                    Mark, Jason, Tiny, Keyop, and Princess. Even 7-Zark-7. Their names change depending on what version you were watching.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

Space Ghost, Lost In Space and The Addams Family would all rock. But is there no love on these boards for the characters I'd love to see----FARSCAPE? I'd love to have a me a full set of all the characters!
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 21, 2009

We would love to comment on this thread. But can't. Just know that we read these. And that New York Comic-Con is around the corner.
                        Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                        bifbangpow.com
                        twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Spyweb007
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 18, 2006

Farscape would be very cool

Comment

• Figuremod73
                            That 80's guy
                            • Jul 27, 2011

all these are great suggestions. dont forget Wild, Wild, West. i would like to see little known super heroes from Archie and Charlton get the mego treatment to. Theres alot of indy characters out there that would look alsome that have never seen the light of day as a figure of any kind. at the top of my list is (no real suprise) star wars and marvel.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 18, 2007

Seems like a Hanna-Barbera license would open up the most possibility for variety of brands with existing consumer base in re-mego's target market. I would definitely purchase anything Scooby-Doo, but would likely purchase anything HB that EMCE/BBP could produce. Otherwise, assuming Marvel and 60s Batman is off the table, I'd most like to buy...

1. James Bond
                              2. Black Dynamite (2012 Adult Swim series)
                              3. Charlie's Angels
                              4. The Addams Family (black & white)
                              5. Lost in Space

I'd also love to see a fantasy/myth line...Conan/Red Sonja, Clash of the Titans, etc. And yes, more Apes and Dark Shadows. Can't wait til NYCC!!

Comment

• jemboy2004
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 14, 2005

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                                We would love to comment on this thread. But can't. Just know that we read these. And that New York Comic-Con is around the corner.
                                Now you got me thinking. I'm hoping it's something I've been wanting. I'll keep my finger's crossed.

I'll also vote for the HB heros, Space Ghost and Blue Falcon would be AWESOME! not to mention the Wonder Twins, I'd even go for Wenday and Marvin with Wonder Dog!! and I've always wanted the original V series as Mego type figures and TNG star trek but emce is doing that and I'm happy about that.

I'm hoping to see more mego type figures like Josey and the ***** Cat's and I've always wanted mego Electra Woman and Dyna Girl... but I'd only buy female mego type figures if they had rooted hair. I hate molded hair on female figures unless they are like Cheetah and don't need it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎