Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

I really am fascinated by the transition from Excel to Empire, as it sounds to have been very simple as a change, with the transfer happening seamlessly (or so it appears when looking back on it). I know there are cases of companies buying/picking up molds from others, but this one seems to have been when both companies were active with lines. From what I've seen, Empire really developed this line when they got it, but it's interesting to see the connections.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• turnbolt
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 26, 2008

Thanks TCM. I have always enjoyed your collection and photos over the years. Those late figures from 1980 like Deadwood Dick can be hard to come by with their accessories. Best to buy them MOC if you can find them and open them up.

And yes....the best figure in the collection is Deadwood Dick. My favorite 4 inch and under figure ever made.

I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• Remco Monster
        GLOWS in the Dark!
        • May 3, 2006

Hey, thanks man. I have been meaning to take some shots of this line forever. I would KILL to shoot them in and around the town playset. I know they are really scarce. Any idea what they go for when they DO show up? Or have you even seen others out there, besides the one you have?

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

That really was a pretty great line. Nice memories of these, for sure.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

I have to agree that Deadwood Dick is one of the best figures from this line and of that size, period. He came out at the end of the line, really, but his construction was great.
            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
            Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• turnbolt
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 26, 2008

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
              Hey, thanks man. I have been meaning to take some shots of this line forever. I would KILL to shoot them in and around the town playset. I know they are really scarce. Any idea what they go for when they DO show up? Or have you even seen others out there, besides the one you have?

Mine is the only one I have seen for sale. The guy I got it from has another one and I have heard of 1 other. It will go for hundreds if it comes up for auction. If you are ever in LA you can come by and shoot some pics.
              I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎