I should have never signed up to the Mego Museum because I am NOT getting any work done!!!
Let me just say how awesome it is to get responses from other members. It really is a beautiful and wonderful human-thing to express a personal joy one has and to have others respond in kind, bringing their own enthusiasm, memories, and experiences.
OK. Here's my idea for a Traditional 70's-style Chewie.
They would pull heavily from the POTA series:
1. First, they would have to spend some money on a new head sculpt. Trying to pass off the Soldier Ape as a Wookie would be just wrong and possibly create some enemies. It is kinda close though, the way the hair is combed back off the fore head.
2. T-2 Black body. POTA or Falcon with the hair on the back of the hands.
The General Gorilla's belt he wears across his chest as a bandolier. That's a no-brainer.
3. No money for a tooled-cross bow laser rifle. We'll go with the classic Action Jackson or again, soldier ape M-16.
4. Green Goblins brown side pack is more than perfect.
5. (I got real excited when this idea popped into my mind.) And, since we blew all our money on the head sculpt, we're going to get real creative and use The Human Torch's costume and change the color palette from reds, oranges, and yellows to browns like burnt and raw umbers, reddish browns like Siennas, and deep yellows. Don't even change the flame motif. It looks just like wavy hair!
I'm going to try this out. I'll get some brown Sculpy clay for the head and look for a used Human Torch costume. A.C. Moore or Joanne's Fabrics for the dye and some tips, Dr. Megos Repros and TV Toys.com can get me the gear.
And there you have it!!!
I don't really want to do anything responsible right now like bills or baseball practice or mowing the lawn. I just want to make my Chewbacca!
Thanks for staying with me and keep the "Traditional Galaxies Greatest Super Star Wars 8" Action Figures" ideas coming!