Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

You both make good points on this. The funny thing is that I'm not a collector of the 12" Joes at all (didn't have much interest in them as a kid either), but I love the Super Joes. As a kid, the Mego-like size, along with the science fiction and monster element really appealed to me, but I never managed to get any figures. So of course, now as an adult I'm trying to get what I couldn't have as a kid. I was sad to discover that they were all falling apart now, but I almost bought some broken ones, thinking they would be easy to put together, like Megos are. I now realize that's definitely not the case, so I'm glad I passed on buying them.

At any rate, I managed to find a professionally restrung Super Joe Commander and a Gor (whose body doesn't have those issues due to a different construction). I'd love to get a Darkon, Shield and Luminos, but yes, professionally repaired versions are expensive, (I just saw a Luminos sell for around $150).

Comment

• Ranger 3
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 25, 2007

Anyone know where I can get a repro chest logo for my Bullet Man?

Mark

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Ranger 3
        Anyone know where I can get a repro chest logo for my Bullet Man?

Mark
        Ask and you shall receive......

Comment

• Ranger 3
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 25, 2007

Oh my sweet Lord, thats it! After reading this thread, I dug out my Mike Power and Bulletman (the only two vintage Joes I own), and was suprised to see that my Bulletmand was in really nice shape, except for his missing chest logo.

Just after I saw your post, I found this:
          GI Joe BULLETMAN Clear Chest Decals - (eBay item 160184220261 end time Dec-01-07 17:09:38 PST)

An easy solution, but I hate to spend $25 on a full sheet that I'll only use one of. Anyone want to split this one with me?

Mark

Comment

• jemboy2004
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2005

jds1911a1, what is black magic spray? and why would it help with these figures? and do you think it would help with mego melting on the 12" mego dolls like Wonder Woman?

I also loved bullet man! He would be the one joe I would buy again and maybe the gi nurse. I don't know why but since seeing her about 10 yrs ago I've always kind of wanted one.

here's one that is still together but not complete. He has been restrung though.

G.I. Joe Bullet Man/Atomic Man Lot#1 - (eBay item 180185682743 end time Dec-04-07 20:02:42 PST)
            Last edited by jemboy2004; Nov 28, '07, 8:41 PM.

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
              Museum Super Collector
              • May 18, 2007

Originally posted by jemboy2004
              jds1911a1, what is black magic spray? and why would it help with these figures? and do you think it would help with mego melting on the 12" mego dolls like Wonder Woman?
              [/url]
              The Black Magic I am aware of is used for automobile tires. It's a spray to protect and improve the appearance of rubber. The melting problem is caused by a chemical reaction between the rubber parts and the palstic ones (like Big Jim's arms and his torso). The spray might help a little only by reducing the friction between the two areas but it probably won't do much in the long run. I use Armor-All myself for preservation but it won't help that either.
              - Sweep

Comment

• Ranger 3
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 25, 2007

I used the graphic that kingdom warrior provided and had some Bullet Man chest stickers printed up. My B-Man now has his groovy logo back on his bod, and now I have several extra stickers. So if anyone wants one, I'll send em out free if you send me a SASE (PM me for my mailing address). OR, you can paypal me $1 at mbradley3@cfl.rr.com to cover postage and an envelope and I'll mail it out right away.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎