X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

More Mike Power Atomic Man

Mike Power had a big impact on me as a kid, he beat the Six Million Dollar Man to market by a few months and he was a pretty big deal on the play ground. He was of course, pretty much forgotten once Steve Austin lumbered onto toy shelves.
    The Sea Wolf Submarine, also seen on this page is a fantastic toy, a working submarine you can put a Joe into and it comes with a "giant" Squid!

Source: 1975 Alden's Catalog

Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

yes!
    I love this toy! I have him sitting on my bookshelf right now as we speak, I always thought that his atomic flashing eye was a little lame though as it doesnt really do much.
    thanks for sharing those pictures, the carded atomic man is surely eye catching with it's incredible amount of colors.
    I the Monster Hero

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

Love the catalog page! I never had any of those items except the Commander w/KF grip. Always wanted the sub. That year I was into Joes and Megos but was getting out the Joe scene and more into the superhero stuff.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

I love Mike power,he's always been one of my Fave's and the 1st Joe I ever had.Even though he's the cheapest and easiest Joe to find loose,he's still pretty darn cool
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

I just replaced him a few months back. My grandmother bought him for me and I just completely destroyed him when I was a kid. He was my favorite figure from the line and his fingers broke off one by one and arms cracked, but we had a ball. The parts were put in a box and sold off, and after she passed away I saw one and just had to get one for the memories. Paid a little high but they're difficult to find with the helicopter blades and unyellowed in the bionic limbs. Now he stands proudly, forever encased in a lucite display box for all to see.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

I never really liked Mike Power much. He looked like a 12 year old kid w/ plastic hair. I thought he was pretty lame as compared to SMDM. I do however, really like the Sea Wolf Sub (which I keep getting outbid on), and of course, the Commander w/ the Kung Fu Grip.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
              Museum Super Collector
              • May 18, 2007

I love that ad. That is really getting toward the end of the original G.I. Joe run. You have the original Adventure Team Joe and Atomic Man, the Outpost and Sea Wolf sub and then everything else is a knick off! That copter is Mister Action's from LJN and so are the accessories. The jeep looks like the Irwin one and the clothes are either Mister Action or some other cheapo line.

Mike Power has to be the single least valuable G.I. Joe figure ever made. He isn't even much good for parts since most of his body pieces are unique to him. Even as a kid I thought it was weird he only had one atomic leg. Wouldn't that make him run in circles? I guess you either love him or you don't!
              - Sweep

Comment

• jds1911a1
                Alan Scott is the best GL
                • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Sweep Secondhand
                I love that ad. That is really getting toward the end of the original G.I. Joe run. You have the original Adventure Team Joe and Atomic Man, the Outpost and Sea Wolf sub and then everything else is a knick off! That copter is Mister Action's from LJN and so are the accessories. The jeep looks like the Irwin one and the clothes are either Mister Action or some other cheapo line.

Mike Power has to be the single least valuable G.I. Joe figure ever made. He isn't even much good for parts since most of his body pieces are unique to him. Even as a kid I thought it was weird he only had one atomic leg. Wouldn't that make him run in circles? I guess you either love him or you don't!
                only close behind Mike is Bulletman who had a lifelike body and a new head sculpt (it was reused for the Defenders line). I will admit it, I have a bulletman but he is diplayed in an astronaught spacesuit (since he has vac metalized hands it looks cool) and the helmet hides his head

Comment

• Count Creepyhead
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jul 28, 2007

I'd like to see Power and Bullet man re-issued like the action team.

Comment

• Man of Action
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 26, 2006

oh yeah, ya gotta love him....Palitoy's version has life-like hair..looks really strange..but cool..sad to see this page as it was getting really close to "The End"...

Comment

• Adam West
                      Museum CPA
                      • Apr 14, 2003

Those figures were pretty expensive for 1975. $4.99 is equivalent to almost $42 in today's $. I guess the oil embargo had a lot to do with it.

I still have my Mike Power from when I was kid. His Kung Fu fingers are long gone now.
                      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

I still have my Mike Power too (his fingers are a bit cracked though). Oddly, he was the only GI Joe I ever bought (the only other one I ever had was a 60's painted head Joe that my uncle gave me from when he was a kid. I didn't play with him much though). I always wanted a Bulletman (still do!) but never got one. I guess my preference for these two GI Joes over the other ones shows that as a kid I was more into my superhero and Six Million Dollar Man figures.

Comment

• DocDrako
                          Formerly Doc Drako
                          • Nov 11, 2004

I never had Mike Power. My dad bought me the submarine for my birthday one year, but at that time I didn't have any 12 inch Joes. In fact, after getting the sub I NEVER had any 12 inch Joes. Now I have alot of them and no sub. If I had known about Mike Power back then I would have wanted him. But then I've always liked the Joes and the Adventure Team in particular.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by jds1911a1
                            only close behind Mike is Bulletman who had a lifelike body and a new head sculpt (it was reused for the Defenders line). I will admit it, I have a bulletman but he is diplayed in an astronaught spacesuit (since he has vac metalized hands it looks cool) and the helmet hides his head
                            Atleast the Bullet man sells for well over $100
                            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

I had the Mountain Outpost but strangely did not have Mike Power. My guess is that since my folks had gotten me a couple of Super Joe figures with it,they would work just as well.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎