1:6 Scale Planet of the Apes ANSA Spacecraft

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matthew Sotis
    • Mar 17, 2011

Matt you would have to get together with fellow member, Ivaniski. He's gotten his 1:9 scale Star Trek craft to look like it's flying/hovering.
    Hey, that sounds neat. The next project i'm looking forward to is the 39" Mobius Seaview model from Voyage to the Bottom of the sea. It'll be much easier this time as it's not scratch built and i'll only be lighting it without concern for it being water tight. I've seen some versions where fans did and added balast tanks and such. Whew.

You have to post some pix from your POTA game. The ape fans around here will flip.
    That was a fun mod for Battlefield 1942. I've got full scale maps of all the films with full AI support so the games actually play themselves. One day, i'll get around to a couple of TV show maps as well. Here's a few handy pics:

Last edited by Matthew Sotis; Mar 30, '11, 9:25 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Whoa. That is impressive on so many different levels...

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

Dang Matt. You've been holding out on me.

Sad to see how large Ape City needs to be. I can't recreate the ampitheatre at all, even in Mego scale. I'm going to have to give up that project.
        Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
        Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
        1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Matthew Sotis
          • Mar 17, 2011

Originally posted by jessica
          I can't recreate the ampitheatre at all, even in Mego scale. I'm going to have to give up that project.
          You can do it. I even have the blueprints around here somewhere. You just need the space, a lot of couch foam and house paint, and wood and wire for the skeleton. Did you see the Museum video on the 1st page? Same difference.

The ampitheatre in the above video game pic was built similar - in 3d blocks that were skinned, not that it's accurate.

I always wanted to make a portion of the city but in a smaller scale and modular. In a similar scale, i recently made a few ape movie charactors in Photoshop, printed on cardboard and displayed on repro AMSCO bases. I think i sent them to Snick.
          Last edited by Matthew Sotis; Mar 30, '11, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Matthew Sotis
            • Mar 17, 2011

Here's a few new lowlight handheld pics with all the lights finally in place:

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

Alex's Burke sculpt is going to do your hard work justice.

To do list:
              1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                MeGoing
                • May 14, 2003

Originally posted by Cmonster
                Phenomenal work. Outstanding!

SC
                Phenomenal is the word that first sprang to my mind too.

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Matthew Sotis
                  I always wanted to make a portion of the city but in a smaller scale and modular. In a similar scale, i recently made a few ape movie charactors in Photoshop, printed on cardboard and displayed on repro AMSCO bases. I think i sent them to Snick.
                  At one point Matt started making his own AMSCO cutouts. He had Taylor and Brent. He sent me copies of the original cutouts. That's how he works. The first taste is free.

The leftside of the ship is lit up! That's a nice treat to start off the day. It's the first I'm seeing it.

Jess - The Burke figure isn't going in this ship. He's going into the first version of ship made by a sculptor who made my life miserable (not Ada).
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

Snick--stay away from those sculptors. Life is too short.

Matt-the lights are amazing!! I really want to play there!

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by jessica
                      Snick--stay away from those sculptors. Life is too short.
                      You got that right! I think I finally have a group of people (you are one of them) that I can trust and who are sane.
                      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Matthew Sotis
                        • Mar 17, 2011

The leftside of the ship is lit up! That's a nice treat to start off the day. It's the first I'm seeing it.
                        Yeah, it was getting late so i figured i'd give you a surprise. Wendi and i are already getting withdrawal symptoms knowing the ship will be leaving soon. The basement is our smoking section away from the kids and we've been preserving the ship with 2nd hand smoke for the last 2 1/2 years. She helped me get the roof in place last night to finish off the lighting. Thanks to her, the entire lighting budget was less than $5.00 ($1.55 per 9 ft. strand x 3). Sorry about the quality of the pics - i wanted to see how the console lights alone looked.

Comment

• sixxvanrose
                          • Dec 31, 2010

The ship is leaving soon???

I honestly feel like I need a few more hours to stare at it..lol
                          Just a masterpiece.. I'm glad I got to see it
                          Looking to Buy: Planet Of The Apes

Lunchboxes, Megos, Toys, You have it, I buy it!

Comment

• Matthew Sotis
                            • Mar 17, 2011

Actually, we're still debating the exterior. I've got all the stuff we need to do it, but it will delay his getting it and double the length of the ship. I still have to assemble the chairs and i'll probably see you in a couple of weeks so you'll be able to see the completed interior at least.

Comment

• Matthew Sotis
                              • Mar 17, 2011

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

wow that is gorgeous. i really love it, matt. awesome job!

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎